• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Milennia

Prophet of Truth - Community Resetter
Oct 25, 2017
Super high hopes for this one, gonna be the first game I play when I get a week off

Cecil

Chicken Chaser
Oct 25, 2017
giphy.gif

Oct 27, 2017
When people refer to Obsidian "jank", are they talking mostly about New Vegas?

If so, it's probably important to remember that Gamebryo is the common denominator of open world jankiness and not Obsidian. Unreal Engine should be able to handle most of this jank free
And KOTOR 2 and Alpha Protocol... looking at their release list nearly all their games have had issues although there's a general upward trend in their QA, at least.

kami_sama

Oct 26, 2017
Dammit, I thought they already got released. Pretty hyped for it. I have game pass so be it good, mediocre, or bad I'm going to try it.

Tovarisc

Oct 25, 2017
FIN
And KOTOR 2 and Alpha Protocol... looking at their release list nearly all their games have had issues although there's a general upward trend in their QA, at least.

i wouldn't put issues on QA team as they most likely caught all that shit and flagged it. Then just project leads marked them as known shippable issues and jank.

OozeMan

Feb 21, 2018
Hope I'm proven wrong but I'm guessing it'll average in the 70's.

Not that I really care that much. Alpha Protocol reviewed poorly but it was one hell of a game.

Jan 15, 2018

To be fair, KOTOR 2 and New Vegas were rushed out by their publishers, and in KOTOR 2's case, the game didn't even get finished.

Alpha Protocol came from a weird situation where it was kind of a "B" game they were developing for Sega next to their Aliens RPG which got cancelled. Production went along aimlessly for a long time and the game only took shape about a year before it released.

ZixlerBavala

Oct 29, 2017
Disco Elysium has satisfied my isometric Fallout cravings better than this will probably will, tbh. Even if it's good, and I hope it is, I won't buy it right now. Need a palate cleanser first.

Banzai

The Fallen
Oct 28, 2017
because of game pass this is a no brainer, no matter the final score. If it's even close to New Vegas I'm happy.

DixieDean82

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Rumour has it Microsoft ordered Obsidian to make sure the PlayStation version is missing the last 3rd of the game. Expect much lower scores for that version. /s