• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Klobrille

Oct 27, 2017
Germany
There is going to a Series X version?
Yes.

Obsidian said:
And one last thing: The Outer Worlds and both expansions will also be optimized for Xbox Series X.

news.xbox.com

Journey to a Mysterious Asteroid in The Outer Worlds: Peril on Gorgon Expansion - Xbox Wire

It has been amazing seeing the wonderful response to The Outer Worlds from our community, and as with any great RPG, people have enjoyed going back and experiencing different paths and playstyles. Yesterday, we were thrilled to reveal The Outer Worlds: Peril on Gorgon, coming on September 9 as...

Van Bur3n

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Gonna make a safe bet that they didn't really fix any of the issues I had with the game. Then again, I'm not sure they really can since they seem like pretty core issues. Hate to miss out on more Obsidian content but alas.

Lom1lo

Oct 27, 2017
Waiting for all expansion before going in. I hope they add the possibility to play after ending the main campaign

Deer

Oct 29, 2017
Sweden
I'm really looking forward to this finally releasing on Steam, I've been looking forward to a shorter/simpler RPG to play these days. The DLC looks nice!

Oct 25, 2017
Canada
New music sounds fantastic.

Hard to get a good sense of the DLC from this video, but Obsidian does have a great track record on expansions and DLC.

Verhai

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
They did say at that event that everything you see will be playable through gamepass so I'd assume that the dlc will be on gamepass. It'll be a bad look if they charge money for it.

Alastor3

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Gonna make a safe bet that they didn't really fix any of the issues I had with the game. Then again, I'm not sure they really can since they seem like pretty core issues. Hate to miss out on more Obsidian content but alas.
what core issues do you mean? I just installed this game on gamepass to try it (Previously loved almost all obsidian games like alpha protocol, new vegas, south park)

Verhai

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Just found this there.

"So to wrap things up with some Board-approved messaging: The Outer Worlds: Peril on Gorgon is coming this September 9 for $14.99 USD. The second expansion, Murder on Eridanos, is coming next year at the same price, but you can pick them both up with The Outer Worlds Expansion Pass for $24.99 USD for some extra savings. And those of you who played The Outer Worlds on Xbox Game Pass, you'll be able to grab each of these or the expansion pass for an extra 10% off. And one last thing: The Outer Worlds and both expansions will also be optimized for Xbox Series X."

Princess Bubblegum

I'll be the one who puts you in the ground.
On Break
Oct 25, 2017
A Cavern Shaped Like Home
Just found this there.

"So to wrap things up with some Board-approved messaging: The Outer Worlds: Peril on Gorgon is coming this September 9 for $14.99 USD. The second expansion, Murder on Eridanos, is coming next year at the same price, but you can pick them both up with The Outer Worlds Expansion Pass for $24.99 USD for some extra savings. And those of you who played The Outer Worlds on Xbox Game Pass, you'll be able to grab each of these or the expansion pass for an extra 10% off. And one last thing: The Outer Worlds and both expansions will also be optimized for Xbox Series X."
Damn. This seems odd given Obsidian is first party now but Private Division published The Outer Worlds.

Nov 2, 2017
I believe even the Microsoft first-party games on GP sell dlcs / expansion packs separately. Forza has an expensive season pass that's not on gp.

Verhai

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Damn. This seems odd given Obsidian is first party now but Private Division published The Outer Worlds.
Yeah I'm not trying to sound like I'm owed the dlc for free or anything I just thought since they kept saying everything you see tonight will be playable through gamepass that this would be too. It's just bad phrasing cause technically they are correct you can play The Outer Worlds game through gamepass just not the dlc and I don't rememeber them explicitly stating the dlc wasn't going to be on gamepass as boxingiscool has said. Then again I've no idea how Microsoft handles their first-party dlc at all.

jimboton

Oct 27, 2017
Well, 'peril' was the one thing completely absent from The Outer Worlds and I doubt the dlc will have much of it either. False advertising most likely ;)

Nere

Dec 8, 2017
Will this still come on steam at october? Would really like to finally play it.

Flannel_and_Assam

Banned
Jun 21, 2020
United Kingdom
This is pretty much how I feel about it too. I'll likely watch it on YouTube for Parvati alone, since I have no desire to go back to the gameplay itself.

Deleted member 56752

Banned
May 15, 2019
Yeah I'm not trying to sound like I'm owed the dlc for free or anything I just thought since they kept saying everything you see tonight will be playable through gamepass that this would be too. It's just bad phrasing cause technically they are correct you can play The Outer Worlds game through gamepass just not the dlc and I don't rememeber them explicitly stating the dlc wasn't going to be on gamepass as boxingiscool has said. Then again I've no idea how Microsoft handles their first-party dlc at all.
https://youtu.be/fjS3EHKWPxY - 54:32- bottom right. Technically the full game is on game pass and that's probably why they said that

VeePs

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017

As far as Game Pass goes, first party DLC still costs money.

Forza Horizon 4 for instance had expansions which cost money. Master Chief Collection has ODST on sale for $5, tho I think Reach is free for Game Pass users.

In general I wouldn't expect all future Microsoft expansion DLC to be free.

Deleted member 56752

Banned
May 15, 2019

Forza Horizon 4 for instance had expansions which cost money. Master Chief Collection has ODST on sale for $5, tho I think Reach is free for Game Pass users.

Asking for dlc makes sense to me because their whole hope for game pass is to "activate customers". That's why a lot of 3rd party invests in the program. Get them thinking about the publisher, about buying the game on other platforms (marketing/word of mouth), get them investing in the IP. Like DMC5 is not a game I would ever pay money for, but now the IP is a $60 day one must buy for me because I played that game on game pass. It's all about activating customers

Princess Bubblegum

I'll be the one who puts you in the ground.
On Break
Oct 25, 2017
A Cavern Shaped Like Home
I believe even the Microsoft first-party games on GP sell dlcs / expansion packs separately. Forza has an expensive season pass that's not on gp.

Makes sense, though I think it's shitty to encourage customers to buy DLC for a game they don't actually own. Of course, Microsoft's expectation is that most will stay subscribed.

Vic_Viper

Thanked By SGM
Oct 25, 2017
Do we know how it is incorporated in the main game yet? Like is it a planet you can go to practically at any time after getting your ship and stuff? Or is there a certain point when it becomes available?

I played the game for a few hours on game pass and really enjoyed it, but got distracted with work and school and never went back. I picked it up on PS4 when it was on sale a few months ago. Will probably start it up again once this is out.

Oct 25, 2017
Canada
So I'll have to play the game again to play it if I've completed it already?

Do we know how it is incorporated in the main game yet? Like is it a planet you can go to practically at any time after getting your ship and stuff? Or is there a certain point when it becomes available?

I played the game for a few hours on game pass and really enjoyed it, but got distracted with work and school and never went back. I picked it up on PS4 when it was on sale a few months ago. Will probably start it up again once this is out.
From Xbox Wire:
...Specifically, that's where you come in as long as you've completed the critical path of the base game through Monarch. If you've finished the game, we recommend starting up a new game, perhaps with a different character build than your last playthrough. But you also should have a final save file where you can go back to experience the DLC all leveled up******
As long as you have completed Monarch, you can go to Gorgon.

The game creates a save file right before the point of no return, so load that of you have already beat it. The level cap is raised too, so don't worry if you're already at level 30.

Dec 21, 2018

I don't think I am owed DLC either, however I am not about to spend money on DLC for a game I don't even own, but just "rent" through Game Pass.

Fishook

Dec 20, 2017
I refuse to buy any DLC connected to Game Pass on PC , I haven't bothered with Flight Simulator or the upcoming CK3 as I know they are huge time sinks and will get loads of DLC over the next few years and I am sucker for it if I am still playing the game so staying well clear.

Biggzy

Oct 27, 2017
This reminds me but has it been announced if there is going to be a Series X patch for The Outer Worlds? If yes, I will have to postpone my playthrough until after November.

Filipus

Prophet of Regret
Avenger
Dec 7, 2017
I don't think I am owed DLC either, however I am not about to spend money on DLC for a game I don't even own, but just "rent" through Game Pass.

I mean, why not? It's not like you would replay this DLC a bunch of times, just think of this as a movie ticket. Get the experience, pay 10$. If you ever want to replay it you can always buy the game (or get gamepass again) just like you would a BlueRay or DVD.