• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

vestan

#REFANTAZIO SWEEP
Dec 28, 2017
Game looks amazing. That area shown off in the first few minutes of the video are just a feast for the eyes. I'm there day one.

Aeroucn

Oct 27, 2017
The environments look beautiful but the combat and the enemy AI look straight out of a last gen game

Kemono

▲ Legend ▲
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
This just looks like a janky, last gen esque mix of Fallout 76 and Bioshock Infinite, only much worse than the latter. Lacklustre animations, gunplay, melee and AI, and just a generally archaic look and feel to it all. Reckon it needs a lot more polish and refinement before it's ready for prime time.

Really?

Looks better than FO76 already and way less buggy/janky.

And please don't forget this game isn't AAA. Bioshock Infinite had way more time and a huge budget even for AAA games last gen.

If this would be a FallOut: New Vegas type of deal and day 1 on steam people would sing it#s praise. How much better it looks and feels in contrast to New Vegas and FO76.

RPGam3r

Oct 27, 2017
This just looks like a janky, last gen esque mix of Fallout 76 and Bioshock Infinite, only much worse than the latter. Lacklustre animations, gunplay, melee and AI, and just a generally archaic look and feel to it all. Reckon it needs a lot more polish and refinement before it's ready for prime time.

Quick reminder that Fallout NV was a janky, old in the tooth looking game with sub par animations, combat and AI... and it is held in high regards despite all of that.

Breqesk

Oct 28, 2017
wow. that looks bad. doesn't help it looks so much like a Bioshock game. i was interested in this but with the recent Epic Store exclusivity and seeing actual gameplay I think i'll not be touching it.
I mean, it looks the same as the last gameplay video they put out? It's a riff on New Vegas' formula with a different setting, and a smaller scope. That's what it's been sold as from day one, and it's exactly what it looks like.

It looks more like New Vegas than either of those. Like, it's a relatively low budget, singleplayer, dialogue-driven RPG, not a quasi-MMO survival game nor a... whatever genre BioShock Infinite ended up being. (Like, it wasn't really an immersive sim, so story-driven shooter, I guess?)

I really don't get how people's expectations of what this was gonna be have ended up so far off what it is, considering what the studio's known for, and the fact that they put out gameplay within days of the announcement trailer.

Last edited:

Ubik

Nov 13, 2018
Canada
The world and writing looks as interesting as it always had, but yeah it does have some of that New Vegas jank. Still my most anticipated game though. Was never expecting it to be super polished or a gameplay masterpiece. It's still delivering on why I am hyped for it.

Bessy67

Oct 29, 2017
Kinda wish they would have stayed more on missions and stuff rather than just running around killing all the NPCs they could find. Dialogue was fun in the mission part though.

nemorrhoids

Oct 22, 2018
This looks about what I expected, meaning that I am very much looking forward to it. I'm not a fan of EGS so I'll be waiting until 2020, but I hope everyone who doesn't wait has a good time

Electro

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Vienna
Watched only a few minutes but especially the second half looks not good imo.

Hopefully the launch is far away...

golem

Oct 25, 2017
Looking solid. Showed off some dialogue choices and freedom. Hopefully the NPCs and game state will be more reactive to what you're doing though. Seems wrong that you can slaughter everyone with heavy weapons, go down the stairs and people are just standing around like nothing happened.

masizzai

Nov 28, 2017
Didn't expect for this thread to be so negative all around. On the gameplay side I thought we saw some really cool weapons for varied gameplay. Also they showed the flexibility of the systems and how they're driving the this is an rpg so play how you want to. On the EGS side lol. It wasn't up to them. They're game is published by private division. They decide where it's distributed. Also you can buy it on the Microsoft store, if it's purely an EGS problem.

Deleted member 3183

User-requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Didn't expect for this thread to be so negative all around. On the gameplay side I thought we saw some really cool weapons for varied gameplay. Also they showed the flexibility of the systems and how they're driving the this is an rpg so play how you want to. On the EGS side lol. It wasn't up to them. They're game is published by private division. They decide where it's distributed. Also you can buy it on the Microsoft store, if it's purely an EGS problem.

For real. This game looks dope as hell. Watched the video and it's going to scratch that big Bethesda-esque RPG itch, in the absence of actual Bethesda RPGs.

Necromanti

Oct 25, 2017
It looks charmingly dated, I guess, though I can't say the actual gameplay looked too thrilling.

Fitts

You know what that means
Oct 25, 2017
Woof, looking a bit rough. Been trying not to watch much on it because I was pretty much sold already, but I had to turn it off with that screen tearing. Makes me nauseous.

I may just wait for the Steam release so I can make sure it's good and patched before diving in.

Roygbiv95

Alt account
Banned
Jan 24, 2019
I like it! I love Bethesda open world RPGs and it feels like a new IP from them, only with classic fallout humor. I haven't been following this, but is there going to be voice acting in the final version?

Asbsand

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
Denmark
UE4 is such a beautiful engine. I wish BioWare was still on UE.
I don't understand why EA can't just let them license it. That's more money out of the budget, and also money that would've saved a lot of wasted work hours and frustrations in Frostbite on their last two games, probably even DA:I even though admittedly they did good on that (for the most part) despite working with Frostbite.

I'm going to be pretty pissed if some day Mass Effect remaster is announced and they're somehow trying to recreate the game in Frostbite rather than UE4.

Phonzo

Oct 26, 2017
I dont care about this egs stuff at all, but damn the game is not looking good.

I was so hyped too. Wil still try it out though.

Deleted member 11626

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I'm interested in the game. They have time to iron out the kinks and stuff, so I'll probably get it one way or another. I know UWP isn't ideal, but it is an alternative. I have an Xbox sitting around that doesn't get used for gaming, but if the UWP version ends up a Play Anywhere title then I'm definitely getting that version.

Extreme hot take..It's your prerogative to not buy the game since it's not on your preferred launcher (albeit it's quite a silly reason imo). But to come into these threads pissing hot fire with molten lava salt levels of pithy banter/dense sarcasm just reeks of elitism and entitlement. Nothing is preventing you from enjoying quality games, save your ego.

The mod team has explicitly stated not to go into an EGS discussion (though this thread really shouldn't be one) with this sort of vitriol, or argue in bad faith about it all, which you're clearly doing here by reducing the discussion to "lmao launcher warz"...which is clearly not the issue at hand here.

Potterson

Oct 28, 2017
Please do not compare this to F76, because if you do, you clearly didn't play F76 :P This looks 100 times better.

Oct 27, 2017
Quick reminder that Fallout NV was a janky, old in the tooth looking game with sub par animations, combat and AI... and it is held in high regards despite all of that.

Yep, this is what I'm thinking seeing a lot of the replies in here. New Vegas looked like shit, it was a buggy mess, New Vegas (the city itself) was really underwhelming appearance-wise, and yet, it's still one of the best games ever. This is still an early build of the game and so some things will probably be improved before release, but this is a game with a relatively low budget, so it's never going to match what a AAA game would look like.

Sotha_Sil

Nov 4, 2017
I think it looks about where it should at this stage of development. It does look more like an enhanced last-gen game, but it is a small team working on this. What cannot be lost is the actual RPG mechanics and how they integrate into the quests and the world. It's lovely to see a RPG actually try to do that, so few do.

Blizzcut

Banned
Dec 13, 2017
The mod team has explicitly stated not to go into an EGS discussion (though this thread really shouldn't be one) with this sort of vitriol, or argue in bad faith about it all, which you're clearly doing here by reducing the discussion to "lmao launcher warz"...which is clearly not the issue at hand here.

I think you are kindof missing the overall point of my post and now looking back at it I should have provided better context. I just think its wholly unfair to have people come into these threads to make aggressive snarky posts about how they aren't going to buy the game because of blank reasons and derail the thread completely when you do have people who are actually here to discuss the games merits and are generally excited about the game overall. And yes I'm also aware of the irony by my original post as well considering the divisive nature of the controversy.

And also for the sake of brevity I was not privy to any mod posts saying that such topics were not allowed. Just clearing the air on that front. Knowing is half the Battle. Go Joe!

Last edited:

TheMrPliskin

Oct 26, 2017
I do wish they'd spent more time with a quest and less time killing NPCs, but what they showed looked really encouraging.

SecondNature

Oct 25, 2017
Oh my god the writing is hilarious. Im so excited for this. Going for intelligence for that deadpan humour build

JustinH

Oct 27, 2017
I can't wait for this game. Great to see an envirornment different than what we have seen already.

Last edited:

Admiral Woofington

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Besides my issues with Egs, the demo didn't impress me too much. Bur I've played plenty of AA titles, and that's fine i just have to set my expectations accordingly.

I'm very likely willing to wait the year+ for the exclusivity to end for them to polish out any issues within the first few months, and then for fans to create mods.

Jan 31, 2019
The first part was really good, and I get wanting to avoid spoilers, but an extended sequence showcasing the game's weakest aspect isn't for a great presentation. New Vegas would look pretty awful if you just put together a clip of the player rampaging through the Strip

lorddarkflare

Oct 25, 2017
It's funny, this is probably my most anticipated game this year (with Metro), but I am not even that pissed about the Epic bullshit, because it means I will play it fully patched and with DLCs.

Same.

As an adult, I have gotten a lot better at just waiting.

I only picked up Destiny 2 this year despite really wanting to play it at launch.

OP
OP
misho8723

misho8723

Jan 7, 2018
Slovakia
The first part was really good, and I get wanting to avoid spoilers, but an extended sequence showcasing the game's weakest aspect isn't for a great presentation. New Vegas would look pretty awful if you just put together a clip of the player rampaging through the Strip

I tried to kill any innocent NPCs in the city in Deus Ex:Human Revolution and that looked jsut as goofy and bad like if you tried that in NV.. but here in TOW it looks atleast somewhat fun. even though I still hate when games do this thing, like here when city NPCs are at first scared of what you are doing but then after maybe 10 seconds after you do nothing, they again act like nothing happened in the previous seconds/minutes and don't care about the dead bodies everywhere around them

NCR Ranger

Oct 25, 2017
Nice they showed you can holster a weapon. The announcement thread was ridiculous with people worried you couldn't.

The video was meh in all honesty. Showing off what will most likely be the weakest aspects of the game for most of the video was a bad idea. I am planning to rent the game for the PS4, thanks EGS, so I hope the PS4 version is up to snuff.

hydruxo

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
Looks pretty good. I like the environments and the weapons look really creative. Hopefully they have enough time to polish it up before release.