• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

xenocide

Oct 25, 2017
Vermont
It looks rough around the edges. There was a ton of very noticeable screen tearing that really made the game look rough. Hopefully they can clean it up a bit. The writing looks great. It was kind of awkward with no voice acting during the dialogue.

Eggiem

Oct 27, 2017
People are upset that epic store paid to keep the game off steam for a year.
Ah. The horrible Steam fanboys who just want to play the game in the best possible way and dont want to buy a game from a bare bones anti consumer launcher that can be hacked in 3 mins! How could they be so salty and vote a vid down?! Fucking fanboys!

Last edited:

Gentlemen

Oct 25, 2017
User Warned: Antagonizing other members.
Ah. The horrible Steam fanboys who just want to play the game in the best possible way and dont want to buy a game from a Chinese bare bones anti consumer launcher that can be hacked in 3 mins! How could they be so salty and vote a vid down?! Fucking fanboys!
That's right, the same pisspants children who hold *every conversation* about a game coming to EGS hostage to the same talking points across what have to be fifty locked era threads are also very likely the people mass-downvoting any video regardless of context.

Yes, them.

Hope that cleared it up.

Aia

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Ah. The horrible Steam fanboys who just want to play the game in the best possible way and dont want to buy a game from a Chinese bare bones anti consumer launcher that can be hacked in 3 mins! How could they be so salty and vote a vid down?! Fucking fanboys!
Chinese?

Eggiem

Oct 27, 2017
That's right, the same pisspants children who hold *every conversation* about a game coming to EGS hostage to the same talking points across what have to be fifty locked era threads are also very likely the people mass-downvoting any video regardless of context.

Yes, them.

Hope that cleared it up.
I think they have a right to complain and downvote a video. It doesn't hurt anybody. And I'm sure its not just about the Epic thing.

''In exchange for Tencent's help, Tencent acquired approximately 48.4% of Epic then issued share capital, equating to 40% of total Epic — inclusive of both stock and employee stock options, for $330 million in June 2012. Tencent Holdings has the right to nominate directors to the board of Epic Games and thus counts as an associate of the Group.'' Wikipedia

Gentlemen

Oct 25, 2017
I think they have a right to complain and downvote a video. It doesn't hurt anybody. And I'm sure its not just about the Epic thing.
I was answering someone else's ''why the downvotes?" question, not making a 'they're hurting anybody' argument.

And agree to disagree about it not just being about the epic thing. There's no such thing as a coincidence when it comes to the smell of burnt gamer flesh and petulantly expressed disapproval about The Thing They Don't Like.

LegalEagleMike

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017

Ahh i thought you were actually asking, didnt realize you were baiting.

Spoit

Oct 28, 2017
The bioshock-like gameplay is kinda concerning me, but the real reason why we play obsidian games is choice and consequences. So I guess I'll wait and see how that shakes out

m29a

Oct 25, 2017
Definitely looking like it'll be solid. Honestly I couldn't care less about the Epic stuff, so I'll probably buy it at some point.

Spacejaws

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Scotland
Demo was a bit janky lol. I can see the Bioshock vibes but I'm hoping it doesn't stray too far down that route.

Mr Spasiba

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Feel bad for people really looking forward to this game who gotta try and talk around the people thread shitting about EGS.

Game looks interesting though, definitely looks like an Obsidian game for better or worse. Looking forward to seeing how it shapes up.

Discussion Guidelines

ColdSun

Together, we are strangers
Administrator
Oct 25, 2017
As I reminder, I would like to remind everyone of the following:

Official Staff Communication
Given the volatility in recent Epic Game Store related threads we have decided that some clearer guidelines are required to cultivate healthier discussion.
  • Do not enter these threads in bad faith. If we conclude that your goal is to misrepresent the concerns of other users or rile people up, you will be moderated. Intent matters here. Honest questions or commentary about the differences and similarities between the Epic Games Store and other storefronts are fine. Deliberately and dismissively attempting to troll concerned members on those topics is not okay. These discussions must be held in good faith and in a civil manner.
  • As a reminder, antagonizing or engaging in personal attacks on other members is still against the rules. We have a large community with a wide range of preferences and personal priorities. Not everyone will feel the same way as you do on any given topic. If you feel a post is breaking a rule please report it and do not respond with hostility. If you choose to engage do so politely. We always check to see which users have a history of trouble in this area.
  • It is perfectly acceptable to want to wait for a game to be released on the storefront of your preference (ex: "I'll just wait for the Steam release.") It is not acceptable to troll threads because of storefront exclusivity timed or otherwise (ex: "So the real PC release is going to be a year later.") The latter is needlessly inflammatory and distracts from discussion. We will be scrutinizing these posts more closely going forward.
  • Do not advocate, defend, or admit to piracy under any circumstances. This is explicitly against our Terms of Service. There are no justifications that will make this acceptable.
Addendum: It's fine and often healthy to be critical of media coverage (ex: "I don't think this article is good and here's why"), but please avoid going down any rabbit holes with excessive vitriol and conspiracy theories (ex: "This outlet is clearly paid off because I don't agree with their coverage"). We've long had a general policy against hyperbolical vilification of the media and that rule has not been suspended.

In particular, I would like to point out the policy of
It is not acceptable to troll threads because of storefront exclusivity timed or otherwise (ex: "So the real PC release is going to be a year later.") The latter is needlessly inflammatory and distracts from discussion. We will be scrutinizing these posts more closely going forward.

RedHeat

Oct 25, 2017
Graphics looks kinda last-gen, but overall I think so far this looks like the perfect game for my brother who loves NV. So I'll probably end up buying it if everything else shakes out.

GavinUK86

Oct 25, 2017
It looks amazing to me. I knew to tempter my expectations after reading the Game Informer cover article and watching all their behind the scenes videos.

I mean, I think Alpha Protocol is amazing. I see myself getting alot with this one just fine.

Dalik

Nov 1, 2017
"2020" jokes gets warning while "shitheads pisspants children" referring to consumers complaining about exclusivity doesn't.

I guess enough era for today.

Deleted member 8117

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
"2020" jokes gets warning while "shitheads pisspants children" referring to consumers complaining about exclusivity doesn't.

I guess enough era for today.

To be fair it was referring to those who do down-vote campaigns 'cause of the exclusivity, not just complaining. And yeah that's a childish thing to do.

ASaiyan

Oct 25, 2017
I really don't understand how this type of comment is "needlessly inflammatory". If you want me to acknowledge your PC game in 2019, then release it on Steam in 2019.

7thFloor

Oct 27, 2017
U.S.
I really don't understand how this type of comment is "needlessly inflammatory". If you want me to acknowledge your PC game in 2019, then release it on Steam in 2019.
There's no point in derailing every TOW thread with the same bitter joke. I won't be buying it personally, but I'm not going to pop in, type the same comment I've read a dozen times and leave.

Rust

Jan 24, 2018
What the hell have I been playing Forza Horizon 4 on then?

That's a ridiculously narrow view for someone who partakes in a large open platform.

Algorum

Attempted to circumvent ban with an alt-account
Banned
Dec 23, 2018
It looks good, sure... but this just looks like a fun little project they came up with.

Nothing really pushing games forward and it really reminds me of games made a decade ago in terms of design.

Loading times, lack of proper interaction with the environment, flat looking character models, etc.

I'm all for Obsidian. They make great games! But I kinda expected more but that's more on me rather than the developers.

admataY

Oct 25, 2017
2020 is gonna be awesome..
because i would remember the great time I had playing Obsidian entertainment new game a year back in 2019 !

duckroll

Oct 25, 2017
Singapore
Tencent is a Chinese company. That's all I said.
When you say "Chinese bare-bones anti-consumer launcher" you are positioning all of those things as negatives. Bare-bones is a negative thing. Anti-consumer is a negative thing. A Chinese company... is a negative thing? That's racist. Intended or otherwise, it's offputting to read this sort of stuff on the forum.

Epic is not fully owned by Tencent, the store was created by Epic, which are not a Chinese company.
Even if Epic is a Chinese company, so what? Is that a negative? This is bothersome.

duckroll

Oct 25, 2017
Singapore
Not at all. I didn't mean to imply that. Just nothing that Tencent doesn't have anything to do how the store is run, this is on Epic.
Yeah I know it's a technical clarification, just pointing out what bothered me about that original reply to begin with. It's fine to not want to support specific companies or whatever, but there's no need to link a race and/or nationality to it.

Eggiem

Oct 27, 2017
When you say "Chinese bare-bones anti-consumer launcher" you are positioning all of those things as negatives. Bare-bones is a negative thing. Anti-consumer is a negative thing. A Chinese company... is a negative thing? That's racist. Intended or otherwise, it's offputting to read this sort of stuff on the forum.

Even if Epic is a Chinese company, so what? Is that a negative? This is bothersome.
That was not my intention and I apologise if I offended anybody. I deleted that part.

Deleted member 15227

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Wasn't too impressed really. But then realised it was an alpha build being showcased so it looks fairly solid so far.

duckroll

Oct 25, 2017
Singapore
Outer Worlds looks pretty great, I really hope that it's successful and shows MS the sort of games they should be backing Obsidian on, instead of them getting funny ideas of changing how Obsidian operates.

That was not my intention and I apologise if I offended anybody. I deleted that part.
Thank you so much, I appreciate it. :)

ParsnipForest

Oct 27, 2017
Australia
Looks like everything I'd want from an Obsidian-made Fallout knock-off. It's structured so similarly to Bethesda's output that even the animation jank is familiar. Looks great for a mid-budget game, though -- they're clearly focussing on the important things like player freedom. I'm sure they'll iron out *most* of the visual hiccups before launch.

Shodan14

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
Yeah, that looks rough. Still hoping that Disco Elysium will usher in a new era of RPG gameplay.