• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Vamphuntr

Oct 25, 2017
Beat it on PC (Gamepass). I guess I got the super duper mega good ending. I enjoyed it. Obsidian's take on corporate slavery was pretty good as you can clearly see how the board completely ran down Halcyon without much regards to people's well being.

Graphically I thought the game looked good especially considering the developer's history. It's also probably the most stable Obsidian game ever as I didn't get any important bug or glitch. Was able to complete all the quests I wanted and all companions quests without a hitch.

Biggest issues for me is the scope of the game. Exploring isn't very fun nor rewarding which is kind of a crime for a game like this. You pretty much saw all of the items and weapons 1/3 to 1/2 of the way through and everything you find is pretty much useless. The scope of the areas to discover isn't very much good either as all building look the same. Leveling up is also fairly boring as all the perks are uninteresting. Even in Tier 3 you still have stuff like "increase carrying capacity". There's also never interesting thing to buy. You can find everything through containers, corpses or by breaking down items. The only time you need huge amount of money is for Parvati's quest. Companions also don't have much to say. Prepare to see the Ellie/Max, Sam/Parvati, Parvati/Felix and Parvati/Nyoka conversation on the ship ad nauseam. Some factions are also underrepresented. Considering there are vending machines for all of them is a bit ridiculous considering some like C&P have a like a single quest in the game.

Game was also really easy on Normal. With engineering and science maxed I pretty much killed anything in 1-2 hits.

Hopefully it's like Pillars of Eternity where the second one will be much better than the first.

Blade Wolf

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Taiwan
Unlocked pickpocketing hours after finishing the Abernathy / Esther medicine quest. Went back, pickpocketed Esther and gave it to Abernathy to collect another reward, then pickpocketed him and gave it to Reyes. Love this game.

Man that is some high level triple crossing right there. Might as well steal it from Reyes and give it to the black market if possible.

Bethesda fans shaking right now.

Ploid 6.0

Oct 25, 2017
Started Supernova a while ago after beating Hard, and already it feels like it's getting easy with the limitations of Supernova just being a nuisance. I saw some supernova mods on nexus, when I finish this run I hope a lot more are available that are balanced well (for mods) and challenging. It's unfortunate that the non Epic Games Store version can't use mods, especially since I'd have to buy and reinstall, but it should be worth it if the game has a ok modding community in the future.

Sanctuary

Oct 27, 2017
The Vermin II unlocked at level 25. 😈 Love revolvers in these type of games, and this one is a beast.

I don't like how the weapons are level gated in this. The first time through I didn't really notice it, since the vendors would be selling gear that was right around my level, and so if they had any unique items to sell, they would be available since I was more or less going "in the order I should be". On Byzantium, there were a bunch of really great weapons when I arrived at around level 23. So on my solo run, I figured out you could jump directly from Groundbreaker to Byzantium, so I did that at level 12, thinking I would snag some cool gear.

Nope. Inventory doesn't even have the unique items the vendor sells, nor the ver 2 of each gun. Another thing I don't like is the weapon skill progression in general. Instead of doing more damage as you invest, you simply have a higher chance to crit (whatever the base is, it's not very high to begin with). This becomes kind of irrelevant once you hit the T3 perks, and I wish that instead of being able to pretty much be a jack of all trades with no downsides that you actually had to invest in any given weapon to be good with it.

Started Supernova a while ago after beating Hard, and already it feels like it's getting easy with the limitations of Supernova just being a nuisance. I saw some supernova mods on nexus, when I finish this run I hope a lot more are available that are balanced well (for mods) and challenging. It's unfortunate that the non Epic Games Store version can't use mods, especially since I'd have to buy and reinstall, but it should be worth it if the game has a ok modding community in the future.

What I saw when I looked earlier weren't really "mods" as much as changes in the .ini files that you can do manually.

Last edited:

Admiral Woofington

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
something i hope they do for the sequel is make the opposing party not so cartoonishly evil. The game wanted me to think it was morally grey but that was more on a smaller scale picture for many of the parties involved.

Vamphuntr

Oct 25, 2017
something i hope they do for the sequel is make the opposing party not so cartoonishly evil. The game wanted me to think it was morally grey but that was more on a smaller scale picture for many of the parties involved.

I got the same feeling yet I feel it would have gone against the thematic of the game. It's pretty obvious they wanted to show a world completely controlled by corporate greed. I mean even in the first town you find there is an health crisis in town and they only want to give meds to the "hard working" (which the game pretty much describe as slaves) individuals. It kinds of set the tone in place already.

I see it between allowing you to be evil or good. I don't feel the board is morally grey at all in this. They only wanted money and power for the chosen few (Byzantium's elites).

Ploid 6.0

Oct 25, 2017
What I saw when I looked earlier weren't really "mods" as much as changes in the .ini files that you can do manually.
Yeah, currently the ini things don't work with Windows GP version. It's a file that need to be put into the game directory and WindowsApps won't allow that. I tried the script or program "takeownership" but still I couldn't put in the supernova mod files. Needs to be EGS version at the moment.

These aren't clickable files. I just copied and pasted the file list from the nexus mod page and it looks like this, which I think is neat and harmless. These are the files WindowsApps won't allow.

📄 overrides.ini (102 B)
📄 winhttp.dll (54.3 kB)

Salty Catfish

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Florida
For as much as the big Edgewater decision makes it seem like there will be tough compromises in this game, my endings for the various locations/companions were 100% space utopia. No real shades of gray at all.

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah so far the choices have been pretty clear to me as far as what's right and wrong. The corporations are sooooo evil that even your choices that hurt smaller individuals still seem like the right thing in the long run. Short term difficulty for long term freedom and potential.

Oct 25, 2017
There are weapons that are showing up when i'm at a work bench but when I go to try to equip them, I don't see them anywhere in my inventory. Anyone know why this is?

Mudo

Oct 25, 2017
Tennessee
After keeping up with the thread here, I'm at Roseway then going to the "last" planet. It sounds like I have lot of hours left, and I am still having a great time, but it's a huge bummer to see all these locations on the system map that you just cannot go to!!! I sincerely hope they add them as meaty DLCs. I will gladly pay more money to play more of this game

Vamphuntr

Oct 25, 2017
After keeping up with the thread here, I'm at Roseway then going to the "last" planet. It sounds like I have lot of hours left, and I am still having a great time, but it's a huge bummer to see all these locations on the system map that you just cannot go to!!! I sincerely hope they add them as meaty DLCs. I will gladly pay more money to play more of this game

I think there's like only 2 places you cannot go on the map. The rest can be visited you just need the quest or navkey to get there.

SirBaron

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I like this game and find the game pretty witty, but I got to Monarch or whatever that planet is called and I've sort of lost interest now. Will try to get back into it but shall see.

PuppetMinion

The Fallen
Nov 1, 2017
Just finished the game, have mixed feeling about the game. They mashed together the gameplay of two of my favorite game series, fallout and mass effect, but it didn't really gel. Combat was too easy and just samey, most quests were just... blah
I really liked most of the characters and crew members.

During Monarch I just started to go through the motions mostly, more of a chore then enjoyment. Doubt I will ever replay this game. Doing an evil run in this game would just make me feel uncomfortable I think.

But despite all my griping I do not regret playing the game and had an good time, it just does not measure up to my favorite games, which I kinda was hoping for, which is a bit unfair to outer worlds I guess.

Mudo

Oct 25, 2017
Tennessee
I think there's like only 2 places you cannot go on the map. The rest can be visited you just need the quest or navkey to get there.
Is the the gas giants i'm assuming you cannot go to?
and then does that mean some locations on the map are not part of the main story at all and if you do not seek them out you can completely miss out on them? Cool if so!

Lobster Roll

signature-less, now and forever
Sep 24, 2019
I'm at a complete loss with the "Pay for the Printer" mission transitioning into "Sucker Bait".

Repaired the printing press
Retrieved Zora's team & trauma kit
Gave trauma kit to the Van Noy's
Returned to Graham to let him know the press is operational.

I then retrieved the targeting module, kicking off a quest to either give it to MSI, The Iconoclasts, or broker peace between the two of them.

Of course, Zora refuses when I ask her to broker peace. Is the quest option of brokering peace completely off the table because I didn't speak to her after completing "Pay for the Printer" and retrieving the targeting module?

No matter what I do, no matter who I talk to (in any order), I cannot get the quest "Sucker Bait" to begin.

Vamphuntr

Oct 25, 2017
I'm at a complete loss with the "Pay for the Printer" mission transitioning into "Sucker Bait".

I then retrieved the targeting module, kicking off a quest to either give it to MSI, The Iconoclasts, or broker peace between the two of them.

Of course, Zora refuses when I ask her to broker peace. Is the quest option of brokering peace completely off the table because I didn't speak to her after completing "Pay for the Printer" and retrieving the targeting module?

No matter what I do, no matter who I talk to (in any order), I cannot get the quest "Sucker Bait" to begin.

She will only help if you chose to buy medicine and food instead of the printer press additional parts during the quest I think. It sure worked in my playthrough.

EDIT: You also need to do the quest where you find the truth about what happened to Amber Heights and give it to her before getting the module.

yap

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017

If you didn't get additional food and supplies from Carlotta in the previous quest, Sucker Bait isn't gonna show up period.

dr.rocktopus

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
My first WRPG ever, more of a FF/SMT guy. Got through Game Pass.

First impression is holy hell the nausea, I haven't felt this since Metroid Prime 2 and I normally play a decent amount of FPS games like Halo and OW. I'm playing on One X any tips?

Second impression is wow there's a lot of freedom in these kinds of RPGs. Can talk your way out of things, all these dialog options, lots of ways to treat situations. Kill whoever you want. I find myself lying a lot 😅

Haze

Oct 25, 2017
Detroit, MI
Well it worked for me. From that vendor on the Groundbreaker i found a set of clothes and a cap/goggles i brought back and it worked just fine. Both in the description mentioned it being spacer gear and neither was made by Spacers Choice.

edit: Got screenshots of the items i used.
VTO0Xv5.jpg

1ywQ9MY.jpg

I had both of these and they didn't work. Quest seems like it's bugged

ParityBit

Oct 25, 2017
So I just started the game and I am wondering why I can only select 3440x1440 in Windowed Fullscreen? I have a Gsync and I want to run in Full screen. It will only let me go to 2560x1440.

lilojigsaw

Chicken Chaser
Mar 1, 2018
I had both of these and they didn't work. Quest seems like it's bugged

Quest is not bugged i do not think. Go to Edgewater they sale spacer gear branding mining clothes there. This will for sure pop your achievement if you have the weps.

edit: also if you still need a working helmet go to groundbreaker and buy a moon head. Thats spacers choice also

Haze

Oct 25, 2017
Detroit, MI
Quest is not bugged i do not think. Go to Edgewater they sale spacer gear branding mining clothes there. This will for sure pop your achievement if you have the weps.

edit: also if you still need a working helmet go to groundbreaker and buy a moon head. Thats spacers choice also

I already complete the quest and the moon head did not work. The only combination of gear that worked for the quest was the padded helmet and one specific workers uniform. One of the examples earlier in the thread did not work for me so I can only infer this quest has bugs.

Deleted member 11069

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Thanks for all the tips in regards of the ending, I got lucky and made it through.
Bad boss fight that is way harder then anything before if you don't have certain maxed out skills.
Also very happy I pretty much killed everyone in posh town. Not gonna turn on the dude that thawed me and she fired first.

James_liv

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Nov 12, 2017
Beat it on PC (Gamepass). I guess I got the super duper mega good ending. I enjoyed it. Obsidian's take on corporate slavery was pretty good as you can clearly see how the board completely ran down Halcyon without much regards to people's well being.

Graphically I thought the game looked good especially considering the developer's history. It's also probably the most stable Obsidian game ever as I didn't get any important bug or glitch. Was able to complete all the quests I wanted and all companions quests without a hitch.

Biggest issues for me is the scope of the game. Exploring isn't very fun nor rewarding which is kind of a crime for a game like this. You pretty much saw all of the items and weapons 1/3 to 1/2 of the way through and everything you find is pretty much useless. The scope of the areas to discover isn't very much good either as all building look the same. Leveling up is also fairly boring as all the perks are uninteresting. Even in Tier 3 you still have stuff like "increase carrying capacity". There's also never interesting thing to buy. You can find everything through containers, corpses or by breaking down items. The only time you need huge amount of money is for Parvati's quest. Companions also don't have much to say. Prepare to see the Ellie/Max, Sam/Parvati, Parvati/Felix and Parvati/Nyoka conversation on the ship ad nauseam. Some factions are also underrepresented. Considering there are vending machines for all of them is a bit ridiculous considering some like C&P have a like a single quest in the game.

Game was also really easy on Normal. With engineering and science maxed I pretty much killed anything in 1-2 hits.

Hopefully it's like Pillars of Eternity where the second one will be much better than the first.
Yep, nail and head.

It's a shame in many ways because I'm a massive fallout fan but this game is just so uninteresting and unrewarding.
They've gone close, they've done a good job with it but unfortunately missed out on the key component which makes fallout so much fun.

FlyingLlama

Oct 29, 2017
Just arrived in Byzantium so how far through am I? I have been hitting ALL side content and hardly any of the main.

Jan 10, 2018
So I accepted the below average temperament flaw where you lose your passive health regen. Does this mean that all food is now obsolete or is there some other use for it? It doesn't seem to sell for much so I'm not sure what to do with it honestly.

Kupo Kupopo

Jul 6, 2019
Biggest issues for me is the scope of the game. Exploring isn't very fun nor rewarding which is kind of a crime for a game like this. You pretty much saw all of the items and weapons 1/3 to 1/2 of the way through and everything you find is pretty much useless. The scope of the areas to discover isn't very much good either as all building look the same. Leveling up is also fairly boring as all the perks are uninteresting. Even in Tier 3 you still have stuff like "increase carrying capacity". There's also never interesting thing to buy. You can find everything through containers, corpses or by breaking down items. The only time you need huge amount of money is for Parvati's quest. Companions also don't have much to say. Prepare to see the Ellie/Max, Sam/Parvati, Parvati/Felix and Parvati/Nyoka conversation on the ship ad nauseam. Some factions are also underrepresented. Considering there are vending machines for all of them is a bit ridiculous considering some like C&P have a like a single quest in the game...

the game's a pretty classic example of ambition exceeding ability/budget/time. what's in place is solid, & enjoyable, but it's incredibly obvious you're experiencing a truncated cross-slice of a larger, more fleshed-out experience that just never got completed...

Kuro

Oct 25, 2017
So I accepted the below average temperament flaw where you lose your passive health regen. Does this mean that all food is now obsolete or is there some other use for it? It doesn't seem to sell for much so I'm not sure what to do with it honestly.
I started the game with that just to make it more difficult and I've barely even noticed it gone cause the game throws health packs at you like crazy. Some foods that improve regeneration don't do anything but you can still use the other foods that give you small buffs although I haven't even bothered using them since the game is so easy even on Hard.

ClearMetal

Oct 25, 2017
the Netherlands
Heh, Parvati just talked to SAM in the engine room about Felix doing something to it? I never even talked to Felix, much less recruited him. Immersion ruined.

Was forced to take a break from the game for a few days. Might actually start a new playthrough to get back into it, especially since sneak hasn't been doing much for me so far. I think I'd rather go the tech route instead. I know you can just respec, but that just doesn't feel right for such a large specialization shift.

Fjordson

Oct 25, 2017
I'm still loving the game. I do find myself sometimes consciously noticing the medium-ish scope (compared to like a New Vegas) but I really enjoy what's here.

Hopefully they get do a bigger sequel. More loot, more quests, bigger areas, etc.