• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

C4rter

Oct 25, 2017
Germany
Had to switch to heavy weapons on Monarch to be able to power through all these enemies. There is some pretty powerful stuff. The regular Long Guns did not do it anymore.

Feb 21, 2019
It definitely feels like people were desperate to praise and prop it up because it's made by Obsidian in a post Fallout 4/76 world.

I just can't see the greatness and glowing praise after playing it for 10 hours. Everything just ranges from good to mediocre, you can definitely see how limited the budget was and how safe they went. Even the writing isn't as good as I was expecting to be honest. Certainly nowhere near New Vegas and the other areas of the game haven't really improved all that much. The systems and loot are surprisingly basic as well, you've virtually seen what 80% of the game has to offer in Edgewater.
Yup. Its a good outing. Its fun....but its not one of those games I will put under my pillow and hope I dream about it or anything.

yap

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Gotta say, playing as a double agent early on, instead of near the tail end of the game when siding with Welles, who is also an idiot, is making things more interesting so far.

Deleted member 11069

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Anyone got a tip for the last boss?
Companions die super quick, I get him down to his last breath and he spawns 8 drones that fuck me up.
I cant heal enough until they bust me from all sides.

decoyplatypus

Oct 25, 2017
Brooklyn
Companions die super quick, I get him down to his last breath and he spawns 8 drones that fuck me up.

Are you a ranged or melee build? I used TTD to snipe the drones' weak points, taking several down in a hurry. The perk that refunds some TTD meter on kills would probably help even more. Once I'd thinned out the droids a bit, I did a few circles around the arena so only one or two could shoot at me at a time. I also added a + armor item to my inhaler.

For your companions, I would recommend using their abilities early, because you don't have a ton of control over keeping them alive. I suppose you could take the perk (or was it a skill bonus) that revives them when you use inhaler?

Deleted member 11069

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Are you a ranged or melee build? I used TTD to snipe the drones' weak points, taking several down in a hurry. The perk that refunds some TTD meter on kills would probably help even more. Once I'd thinned out the droids a bit, I did a few circles around the arena so only one or two could shoot at me at a time. I also added a + armor item to my inhaler.

For your companions, I would recommend using their abilities early, because you don't have a ton of control over keeping them alive. I suppose you could take the perk (or was it a skill bonus) that revives them when you use inhaler?
Thanks for the tips!
I actually have that perk but it does not work somehow. They stay down and once the last wave of drones comes (wave 3) they get me.
I'll keep trying. Worst thing is I run back and re-spec. I'm a bit all over the place at the moment.

JoJoBae

Oct 25, 2017
Layton, UT
So gonna be honest, I've never really used Felix. And he's been missing on the Unreliable for like 10 hours now. I finally took him with me when I had to leave the ship to finish Parvati's quest. Suddenly he's all over the ship like he should have been. Weirder thing though? I can talk to him to accept his companion quest, but I accept it and it auto fails.

I can still go to the location that opens up and everything proceeds like I don't have that quest and that quest alone chilling in my botched list. Rolled back my save for now and I guess I just won't touch it for the time being.

Salty Catfish

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Florida
So gonna be honest, I've never really used Felix. And he's been missing on the Unreliable for like 10 hours now. I finally took him with me when I had to leave the ship to finish Parvati's quest. Suddenly he's all over the ship like he should have been. Weirder thing though? I can talk to him to accept his companion quest, but I accept it and it auto fails.

I can still go to the location that opens up and everything proceeds like I don't have that quest and that quest alone chilling in my botched list. Rolled back my save for now and I guess I just won't touch it for the time being.
I've seen several people talking about companion quests getting bugged/unfinishable because the game mistakenly assumes that companion is permanently dead, so that might have been what happened.

JoJoBae

Oct 25, 2017
Layton, UT
I've seen several people talking about companion quests getting bugged/unfinishable because the game mistakenly assumes that companion is permanently dead, so that might have been what happened.
Yeah been seeing from other people how that shows up in the ending even. Guess I'll get the achievement for doing all the companion quests on another run.

C4rter

Oct 25, 2017
Germany
How do I trigger the Felix companion quest? Do I take him with me for some time and it starts?
At the moment I clear up Monarch with Parvati (who else?) and Nyoka (that sweet 20% creature bonus damage), so no room for Felix.

Did anybody else misunderstand the 50% XP companion perk? It thought it would mean I still get 50% XP when a companion kills an enemy (compared to maybe 30% regularly).
But it means an additional 50% XP compared to what I would get when I make the kill. So most of the time I make sure that they have the last shot now.

SofNascimento

cursed
Oct 28, 2017
São Paulo - Brazil
Visuals. Robots have blue parts (energy cells or whatever) that you can see, and the head is usually a good option for most things. If you go into TTD and just stand still, the meter goes down REALLY slow, so you have time to scan.

That's what I was thinking, but I'm can't be sure if I'm hitting a weakspot or not. I was wondering if there was a clear visual indicator that I was somehow missing. Well, I guess the damage numbers get bigger but I find them hard to follow.

Sanctuary

Oct 27, 2017
I vastly prefer this to when they elastic-band back to their small aggro circle, like in many games.

Are you both talking about point blank enemy engagements or something? Because they leash quickly in this when shooting from even a medium distance. All you have to do is turn around and run for 3-5 seconds and they will reset.

Kasey

Nov 1, 2017
Boise
That's what I was thinking, but I'm can't be sure if I'm hitting a weakspot or not. I was wondering if there was a clear visual indicator that I was somehow missing. Well, I guess the damage numbers get bigger but I find them hard to follow.
Damage numbers plus a good critical shot will disable the enemy for a few moments.

Katarn343

Jan 22, 2018
México - United States
I picked high medic skills from the get-go and it's been extremely disappointed to find out that I can't cure anyone. Not even my companions. There are only medic speech-checks that make you sound smart, but you never actually help out somebody with your medical skill. It is especially infuriating because you find sick people at Groundbreaker / Edgewater but you can't even offer to help. You could in New Vegas, ugh.

GoldStarz

Oct 25, 2017
I picked high medic skills from the get-go and it's been extremely disappointed to find out that I can't cure anyone. Not even my companions. There are only medic speech-checks that make you sound smart, but you never actually help out somebody with your medical skill. It is especially infuriating because you find sick people at Groundbreaker / Edgewater but you can't even offer to help. You could in New Vegas, ugh.
Honestly I think Medical might be one of the worst skills? I can't really remember a situation where it was that useful of the top of my head.

Meanwhile hacking and lockpicking felt OP as hell to me.

Unaha-Closp

Oct 25, 2017
Scotland
Finished it with as good an ending I assume you can get. Everyone but Lilya Hagen and Reed Tobson were happy and thriving. Can't picture playing it again and going corporate. Maybe if you play with no Companions. I can't take Parvati being disappointed in me. Enjoyed it, sneaky charismatic sniper is as OP as it always is in these types of games. Normal was too easy I feel by a smidge. But I don't play games for the struggle so didn't bother me. I still think New Vegas is the King.

mogster7777

Oct 27, 2017
Any tips of or super nova difficulty? Haven't played the game yet but wanted to start on this difficulty for the achievement

RandomSeed

Oct 27, 2017
Damage numbers plus a good critical shot will disable the enemy for a few moments.

Yeah. Shoot some enemies in the guts, and they stop moving and protect themselves. Blast that energy cell on a mechs legs while they are jetting around and you can ragdoll them. Humans drop to the ground when shot in the legs in TTD. I love it.

Jhey Cyphre

Oct 25, 2017
I'm a little confused with tinkering. What's the cap on it? Also are weapons balanced so at appropriate levels they are all viable?

Jhey Cyphre

Oct 25, 2017
Any tips of or super nova difficulty? Haven't played the game yet but wanted to start on this difficulty for the achievement

From my time with the game... you are going to he babysitting companions a lot. Give em the best armor and only have them in combat If you really need em.

Parma death is a huge mistake for this mode. They get insta melted a lot. I think a better penalty would have them retreat back to the ship or something.

Jhey Cyphre

Oct 25, 2017

From my time with the game... you are going to he babysitting companions a lot. Give em the best armor and only have them in combat If you really need em.

Parma death is a huge mistake for this mode. They get insta melted a lot. I think a better penalty would have them retreat back to the ship or something.

Hawk269

Oct 26, 2017
Just hit the 18 hour mark and still really loving the game. Yes, there are issues such as game balance and locking out sleeping, eating, water to Supernova. But outside of that I am really loving this game. I think the graphics (on X) are really good. There are times where it does not look great, but for the most part it really looks nice and clean. You can really tell they had a limited budget, but it is still amazing what they were able to pull off with a limited budget. I just finished Roseway (sp) area. Have not been to Monarch as of yet.

I do tend to looks in every nook and cranny in these types of games and I try to read/listen to as much dialog as possible and love reading all the stuff on some of the computers. I tend to explore a lot and found a lot of hidden caves and points of interests on many areas. Hope they have a balance patch though.

liquidmetal14

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Florida
I think I'm around 12 hours in. Monarch is fully occupying me but outside of taking a day off here and there I've been pushing through. Taking on a long companion quest for Nyoki (probably misspelled lol) and now at lvl.20.

Starlatine

533.489 paid youtubers cant be wrong
Oct 28, 2017

spam parvatis ability on him since it stuns the bot for quite a while
kill the combat drones yourself and have your other partner attacking the boss
i had a plasma carbine to shoot him when i had the chance and it did okay damage charged

Deleted member 2533

Banned
Oct 25, 2017

Aren't there perks for solo-play? So just play solo in the rural/dungeon areas and only take your companions to settlements for quests.

roguesquirrel

The Fallen
Oct 29, 2017
Is there a way to go back and take on flaws after you decided against them? Opted against the first one the game presented to me because I wasnt hungering for perks, but in hindsight its the only one presented so far that makes sense for the roleplay of my character even if I dont really need the perk

Deleted member 2533

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
It definitely feels like people were desperate to praise and prop it up because it's made by Obsidian in a post Fallout 4/76 world.

I just can't see the greatness and glowing praise after playing it for 10 hours. Everything just ranges from good to mediocre, you can definitely see how limited the budget was and how safe they went. Even the writing isn't as good as I was expecting to be honest. Certainly nowhere near New Vegas and the other areas of the game haven't really improved all that much. The systems and loot are surprisingly basic as well, you've virtually seen what 80% of the game has to offer in Edgewater.

I was super high on Outer Worlds when I started, but 15 hours in it's definitely "just okay."

It reminds me of Pillars of Eternity in that maybe it's getting praise just for existing in a field that's been so barren lately.

Even so, I do appreciate how densely packed with quests and points of interest the game is, my biggest criticism is that combat's uninteresting and the systems aren't very deep.

The weapons and mods are good, but because all the enemies are "run straight at you" types that you just hose down with bullets until they are dead, all the weapons end up feeling pretty much the same.

If they could just rip off Mass Effect 3's combat system for the sequel, have a cover system and some special skills. Woo.

NCR Ranger

Oct 25, 2017
Well just finished the game and the review aggregates in the 80ish out of 100 seem fair. I enjoyed it quite a bit and its flaws didn't bug me as much as others. Until the last 20ish minutes of the game, it was also pretty damn bug-free. It's no New Vegas but I knew the odds of this game topping it was slim going in. I think Obsidian might have a great series on their hands if the Outer Worlds 2 can address the shortcomings of this game.

Now I just have to decide if I want to do a replay of this or go finish Disco Elysium.

water_wendi

Oct 25, 2017
Cant play this today. If i dont log in a day or two in Wow Classic after being gone so long i might get gkicked! So im roaming around listening to this while killing mobs lol

nachum00

Oct 26, 2017
I was really enjoying this game but I now suddenly feel like it has become incredibly tedious. I feel like I'm running around in circles doing fetch quests for everyone I talk to.

Oct 28, 2017

I made the same mistake. Medical and charisma... =/

Tupper

Jul 15, 2019

I used the mind control gun on him. It still took a couple of tries. During reloads used my companion abilities. I died a lot during that fight, wasn't my favorite.

Deleted member 12833

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I was really enjoying this game but I now suddenly feel like it has become incredibly tedious. I feel like I'm running around in circles doing fetch quests for everyone I talk to.
This is how I am feeling too. Think I'm just going to power through it as the side quest are feeling like a chore now. People talk too much as well.

Katarn343

Jan 22, 2018
México - United States
Definitely same for me. It also doesn't help that, for there beings tons of dialogue and exposition, most characters aren't interesting. I'm level 28 and I just want to make it to 30, finish the main quest, and probably not play this again.

Haze

Oct 25, 2017
Detroit, MI
I'm about to lose my fucking mind doing this quest where you model the outfits on Byzentium. I've purchased over a dozen Spacer's Choice pieces and none of them work.

Chromie

Dec 4, 2017
Washington
I'm about to lose my fucking mind doing this quest where you model the outfits on Byzentium. I've purchased over a dozen Spacer's Choice pieces and none of them work.

T9wYWhu.png

Chromie

Dec 4, 2017
Washington
I saw this and I can't find either of these. I've been running around to the vendors that supposedly carry it for 30 minutes. What an absolutely frustrating quest.

The helm is at the hideout you get on Fallbrook but I remember getting one as loot by the unique hammer on the Groundbreaker. The clothes I bought on the Groundbreaker. I think it was from the Spacer's Choice guy buy I definitely bought it.

Haze

Oct 25, 2017
Detroit, MI
The helm is at the hideout you get on Fallbrook but I remember getting one as loot by the unique hammer on the Groundbreaker. The clothes I bought on the Groundbreaker. I think it was from the Spacer's Choice guy buy I definitely bought it.

i must have already sold both of these because they aren't there. Hilarious that neither pieces of armor are spacers choice. What kind of garbage ass quest is this.