• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Deleted member 9100

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Anyone done a complete violent play through yet where your just murder everyone? I like how this game plays similar to Morrowind where you can kill any NPC rather than oblivion on where important npcs just get knocked out.

Vault

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
the game gives a bad first impression with Crazy Scientist and ADA being the most tired tropes in gaming.

It gets better after that but there's doesn't seem to be anything here that I haven't already se before in the last 10 years.

I hope they show more ambition in a potential sequel.

Wanderer5

Prophet of Truth
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Somewhere.
Anyone done a complete violent play through yet where your just murder everyone? I like how this game plays similar to Morrowind where you can kill any NPC rather than oblivion on where important npcs just get knocked out.

I don't think I could ever do that, just cause I love some of the NPCs and would hate to kill them lol. Like I absolutely adore Gladys and Parvati.

peppermints

Oct 25, 2017
I am so bad at this game. I die pretty much every combat encounter even on story difficulty. I have to be doing something wrong.

Super early, deciding between which area to
cut power to
but doing a side quest about Zoe right now.
Any pointers or tips? Never really gotten into this kind of RPG before so it could be user error but I really am not feeling the combat whatsoever.

Dino1980

Apr 22, 2019
Playing on Xbox one x and the framerate feels like its not steady at all. Is there a way to fix it like force 1080p or just accept it?

Kasey

Nov 1, 2017
Boise
Idea for a radio in OW2 - Jingles and testimonies with an occasional song break. Cover Kill the Poor by Dead Kennedys in ragtime but make it not ironic.

HylianSeven

Shin Megami TC - Community Resetter
Oct 25, 2017
God DAYUM this game is good. It's the Fallout New Vegas 2 I hoped for, and it's nice to have this game without the janky Bethesda combat! The Time Dilation is a lot better than VATS for sure.

It still remains to be seen overall if this is truly better than New Vegas, but signs are certainly pointing toward...possibly?

Lunatic

Oct 27, 2017
quick gameplay spoiler question for the second zone

there are more than a few places where some important npc is sat with guards around them and hackable doors, safes and even their own person to be pickpocketed, is it only possible to do this by killing them? I don't seem to be able to knock anyone out or lure anyone away to do it without detection. As much as I love this game, I do kinda miss the lack of approaches i could take to a situation. Let me put sleeping pills in your inventories dammit

aett

Oct 27, 2017
Northern California
Loving the game overall, but I had to cut my time on Monarch a little short and just advance the story. Starting getting really sick of that planet and its creatures, not to mention the fairly uninteresting factions. Plus, from what I can recall, there weren't a whole lot of interesting solutions or choices to make compared to the previous worlds/locations. Hopefully
Byzantium
is better.

ClearMetal

Oct 25, 2017
the Netherlands
Finished the first planet.

Chose Edgewater over the Deserters, but convinced Reed to step down and Adelaide to return. Still doesn't sit really well with me, so I might reload and see how the other option plays out.

Felt like the confession from Adelaide that she uses human corpses to grow her crops was meant to be highly disturbing, but I wasn't that impressed? It's already an option in real life to turn your body into compost after you die. It's not exactly mainstream and it isn't used to grow food (I assume), but the principle remains the same.

Not sure if the other Deserters were in the know, however.

Unrelated question: can you get the outfit Grace was wearing?

xabbott

Oct 28, 2017
Florida
Is there anyway to save screenshots in this game on PC? Other than print screen then pasting it into an editor. Like a built in way.
Not built in that I know of. But if you're playing it via Gamepass on PC you can do win+g to bring up the overlay with the screenshot button. I think the shortcut is win+alt+prntscrn but you can modify it win+g settings.

Rhaknar

Oct 26, 2017
apparently you dont go to every planet? Friend of mine finished the game, did everything he could find, and didnt go to every planet (or at least wasnt sent to every planet)

I guess the choices impact what planets you go to?

Z-oo31

Self-requested ban
Banned
Jan 12, 2018
I finished the game.

There are areas on the overall map that are totally inaccessible. The game ended sooner than I expected.

Just a warning. They never unlock as you progress through the story and side missions.

uzipukki

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
WTF, anyone else have had this happen? I was playing the game and when I went to the secret lab, my game crashed and now I am completely unable to start the game back up. When clicking the icon nothing happens. This is the Gamepass version.

GymWolf86

Banned
Nov 10, 2018
They still got weak points and you'll obliterate them the same

Actually thats my biggest issue with the game, it turns into ni no kuni 2 levels of easy too early, even in supernova

I was thinking about it this morning and it actually makes a lot of sense if you think about the why.

Hint : the same consummables are declined between different corporations. It's a clever mimicking of "more of the same" approach to irl marketing / products done by big companies : they all look the same, function the same and its mostly just a war of demographics inbetween, fuelled by corporate greed. Like, you're promised something much better but its the same old, just at a different place with people who look more like you.

The notable exceptions are some factions I won't spoil but its actually very cleverly intertwined. Also possibly a budget issue, but I really don't think so given how some specific planets look
yeah, game is really too easy all around
Fuck so i was right, are you guys far in the game or still edgewater?

Van Bur3n

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Anyone playing the game extensively as a silver-tongued devil got any idea which one of the dialogue skills appear most often throughout the game? I gotta feeling they probably have it pretty balanced, but I wanna get opinions.

Trying to decide whether to specialize in persuade or lie. Persuade seems better for its combat capabilities, because that 15% chance to scramble an mechanical seems too low.

GymWolf86

Banned
Nov 10, 2018
In this case I wouldn't be surprised if it's an issue of budget. The game starts off pretty challenging on Hard, but it becomes easy after a bit (though still punishing in some cases, I die fast if i'm too stupid). Seems like it wasn't something they tweaked enough to keep a consistent challenge on hard all the way through. Really honing in the difficulty seems like it's something that takes time and money that a AA game might not have.

The ultra difficulty seems like it could be really punishing, especially with permadeath for companions. My companions die at the drop of a hat even with upgraded gear and pumping a lot of points into the companion stuff.
It's not a budget thing, a LOT of triple A games are cakewalks even on hard.

Nairume

SaGa Sage
Oct 25, 2017
Anyone playing the game extensively as a silver-tongued devil got any idea which one of the dialogue skills appear most often throughout the game? I gotta feeling they probably have it pretty balanced, but I wanna get opinions.

Trying to decide whether to specialize in persuade or lie. Persuade seems better for its combat capabilities, because that 15% chance to scramble an mechanical seems too low.
So far, as someone speccing in conversational skills, I've seen Pursuade more than Intimidate and Lie in general, but Intimidate has probably been tied more to important moments. Lie seems to just pop up to mostly get bonus xp.

I'd say probably prioritize Pursuade, intimidate, and then lie.

Lunatic

Oct 27, 2017
Everyone's left ear in this game looks really hot because of the lighting during conversations.

t9I2oi6.gif

Dphex

Oct 27, 2017
Cologne, Germany
Fuck so i was right, are you guys far in the game or still edgewater?

left Edgewater not that far but well, it is really easy on hard, you have too much of anything, i´ve never died once. you can even reset enemy aggro when you run away...the slow mo is also strong because of the effects that it inflicts on enemies

would like the increased health enemies from Supernova but the save limitation sucks so i switched to hard...but hard is a joke so far, needs more scarce ammo and stuff, i feel like you are stocked to well in this game, would like it much more tense

Normal or Hard for first run?

hard for sure

GymWolf86

Banned
Nov 10, 2018
left Edgewater not that far but well, it is really easy on hard, you have too much of anything, i´ve never died once. you can even reset enemy aggro when you run away...the slow mo is also strong because of the effects that it inflicts on enemies

would like the increased health enemies from Supernova but the save limitation sucks so i switched to hard...but hard is a joke so far, needs more scarce ammo and stuff, i feel like you are stocked to well in this game

hard for sure
Are you me?

Dphex

Oct 27, 2017
Cologne, Germany
if anyone is worrying about dying companions..just set them to ranged and in defense mode, you have to give order that they attack in this mode. i´ve put Parvati in some heavy armor with a good helmet and a grenade launcher and tell her to finish off enemies so that she levels up, she never died once so far.

i think they are meant to be squishy in the beginning, you have to skill a bit for them to become better, gear also helps

there is also a skill behind one of the attributes where you heal your companion when you use the inhaler

Rad

Oct 26, 2017

would like the increased health enemies from Supernova but the save limitation sucks so i switched to hard...but hard is a joke so far, needs more scarce ammo and stuff, i feel like you are stocked to well in this game, would like it much more tense

hard for sure

Yeah the amount of loot to be found is just too much. You find ammo and health items everywhere.

And the AI is really bad. Face melee enemies? Jump on top of a table where they can't reach you and their aggro resets.

Mechaplum

Enlightened
Oct 26, 2017
JP
Playing this game in normal and yeah it's stupid easy. Not really a big deal for me however the combat isn't anything to write home for and I'm mostly keen on the story characters and lore.

Almost done with the second planet and it's a solid 8/10 so far. For reference Fallout 4 was a 5/10.

ry-dog

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
This game is a lot more like Mass Effect than a Bethesda game imo. I think if you come into this expecting Fallout 5, you could set yourself up for disappointment. The main missions will, for the most part, take you through every location/building in the game, there are few hidden areas for you to discover. The world is about as alive as a Mass Effect, meaning characters stand still, they don't walk around the and they don't sleep. The world feels kind of dead, it's missing those systems interactions that Bethesda games are known for.
That said I'm really enjoying the writing and gameplay (even if it's far too easy)

Super Havoc

Banned
Aug 24, 2018
The Haven
I'm about 5-6 hours into this and loving the heck outta it. Extra bonus with it playing and looking great on my XB1X along with getting it off Game Pass. 🙌🏿

JTSilver

Games Actor
Verified
Sep 1, 2019
awesome, you did an amazing job from what i've seen so far!
Congrats dude! Haven't met your character in the game yet but looking forward to it - the voice acting in general has been really superb so far!
I just ran into Felix in the game, great work!
Oh cool, grats!

I gotta track Felix down. Think I passed by him earlier, not realising I could recruit him.
You did a really good job.
You did a great performance, Felix is very lovable in no small part to his voice. Congrats :)
Oh wow I didn't expect to see a voice actor from the game in here! You did a fantastic job as Felix, I'm loving his excitement at exploring the furthest reaches of space. Had a good chuckle too over his conversation with Vicar Max about ADA being sentient, great job from the both of you there.
You did amazing work! Congrats my dude!
Just met ya in game, I let you live so far.
Just snagged Felix and am wandering around Roseway. Enjoy the new game glow.
you have a nasty dropkick
That's awesome. Just picked him up and been using him ever since!

Thanks everyone! Unnggg wish I could play the game right now.

Please drop kick some board types for me in the meantime.

Acorn

Oct 25, 2017
Scotland
This game is a lot more like Mass Effect than a Bethesda game imo. I think if you come into this expecting Fallout 5, you could set yourself up for disappointment. The main missions will, for the most part, take you through every location/building in the game, there are few hidden areas for you to discover. The world is about as alive as a Mass Effect, meaning characters stand still, they don't walk around the and they don't sleep. The world feels kind of dead, it's missing those systems interactions that Bethesda games are known for.
That said I'm really enjoying the writing and gameplay (even if it's far too easy)
Yeah, this is exactly what I think too.

Oct 27, 2017
Is it possible to mod this game if I'm playing the Game Pass version on PC? I despise weight limits/inventory management so would like to remove it.

DrKelpo

Oct 25, 2017
Germany
I don't get how this game handles stealing. Sometimes I enter a house and every item is tagged "stealing" when I look at it, but in other houses which are obviously occupied too this isn't the case. In both cases no one was around watching me.

oofouchugh

Oct 29, 2017
Night City

Weird, I felt Fallout 4 was a really shitty open world looter shooter version of ME and The Outer Worlds just feels like a smaller scale/lower budget New Vegas. Stat system and conversation/dialogue system are what matter to me in an RPG though.

Castamere

Oct 26, 2017
Monarch is dumb. Theres 3 times as many creatures as people, and you run into mobs ever 5 feet. Its tedious and poor world building.

Acorn

Oct 25, 2017
Scotland
I don't get how this game handles stealing. Sometimes I enter a house and every item is tagged "stealing" when I look at it, but in other houses which are obviously occupied too this isn't the case. In both cases no one was around watching me.
It's kinda laughable the consequences you get for stealing and getting caught in this game. I emptied an area and got caught like 4 or 5 times and just either persuaded, bribed, intimidated or lie'd each time. It worked every single time and they would just walk away leaving me to steal more shit.