• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Miamiwesker

Oct 25, 2017
Miami
Got some glitch where all the items and character models in my menu is in complete shadow. I can't see what anything looks like, sucks.

Rickenslacker

Oct 25, 2017
I'm not intuiting something with the HUD. Sometimes a small icon of a weapon or armour will appear at the bottom and I assumed it was some durability indication, but that didn't seem to be the case. What's it indicating?

Sanctuary

Oct 27, 2017
tried it in the bolt gun still sets off everyone. In fallout you could mod the shitty starter gun with a silencer and make up for the low dmg with stealth modifiers.
Maybe the silencer mod will fit into some other guns down the line but it's not what we had in the other games like this and it's extremely disappointing for people that like that play style.

It was always silly being right behind a guy and blowing off there head with there buddy not noticing yeah but it's been a part of these games forever. When people were using the power armor suits and nuke launchers in fallout I used the deliverer and a trench coat. It's so part of those games didn't even think for a second it would be left out here. So disappointed.

I don't know what you mean, because when you one-shot an enemy with a weapon from really far away one of two things happens. Either those around them don't even notice, or they basically go into the Metal Gear alert mode, search for a bit and then go back like nothing is amiss. The only time they go right into combat is if you didn't kill your first target outright. This is a lot harder to do indoors, but outside it's pretty easy.

JTSilver

Games Actor
Verified
Sep 1, 2019
Hey guys, been a poster and lurker here and at the old site for over a decade. Went to school for acting. BFA, MFA, all that. Slowly got into voice acting over the last 6 years. Have appeared in smaller and background roles in just over a dozen games. Voice, mocap, full face capture, the works.
Getting to work in the industry I care so much about has been a real treat. Though not without its challenges to be certain!
But this week marks a pretty big milestone for me. First major role in a AAA game.

Now that it's out, I can finally share that I am Felix!

I honestly couldn't be prouder. The game looks incredible. I have to wait a couple days more before I'm able to sit down to start it, but lurking this thread, it's so cool to see that Obsidian's efforts are resonating with so many. They really are top notch.

That's it! Just wanted to say hi and express my envy that you're all able to play it right now lol.

Dphex

Oct 27, 2017
Cologne, Germany
How do people play as melee in this game? On hard if I stand in the open I get shot to death in 2 seconds, and that's just if there is 1 guy with a gun. If there are 4 shooting at you, I don't see how I could ever take them down only using melee.

abuse the dodgejump and the slow motion skill? or shoot them down till you have better items :-)

StoryofSouls

Oct 27, 2017
east coast, usa
Hey guys, been a poster and lurker here and at the old site for over a decade. Went to school for acting. BFA, MFA, all that. Slowly got into voice acting over the last 6 years. Have appeared in smaller and background roles in just over a dozen games. Voice, mocap, full face capture, the works.
Getting to work in the industry I care so much about has been a real treat. Though not without its challenges to be certain!
But this week marks a pretty big milestone for me. First major role in a AAA game.

I honestly couldn't be prouder. The game looks incredible. I have to wait a couple days more before I'm able to sit down to start it, but lurking this thread, it's so cool to see that Obsidian's efforts are resonating with so many. They really are top notch.

That's it! Just wanted to say hi and express my envy that you're all able to play it right now lol.

awesome, you did an amazing job from what i've seen so far!

Kaizer

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017

Congrats dude! Haven't met your character in the game yet but looking forward to it - the voice acting in general has been really superb so far!

m23

Oct 25, 2017

I just ran into Felix in the game, great work!

Hella

Oct 27, 2017

Oh cool, grats!

I gotta track Felix down. Think I passed by him earlier, not realising I could recruit him.

burnsy

Banned
May 31, 2018
Feels like a real light fall out. Which is a good direction but also makes me want to play fall out.

Umbrella Carp

Banned
Jan 16, 2019
Early game spoilers:

So does Torben? (bigwig of Emerald Vale) attack you no matter what or did I just accidentally aggro him?

KOfLegend

Jun 17, 2019
The world is so fucking great but I seriously can't keep going because the small text is seriously hurting my eyes and giving me a headache. I really hope they patch size options in soon.

pink

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Fallout 4 combat reminded me of Skyrims.

Lifeless and floaty.

I love the gunplay in tow, it feels tight and polished. Melee feels fantastic.

Deleted member 11413

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017

You did a really good job.

Pheace

Aug 23, 2018
tried it in the bolt gun still sets off everyone. In fallout you could mod the shitty starter gun with a silencer and make up for the low dmg with stealth modifiers.
Maybe the silencer mod will fit into some other guns down the line but it's not what we had in the other games like this and it's extremely disappointing for people that like that play style.
Pretty sure there's a fair number of weapons the Muzzle mod works on. From what I can tell so far you'll only stay undetected if the hit kills the target and obviously when other enemies are outside of the noise range when you shoot.

Tregard

Oct 27, 2017

You did a great performance, Felix is very lovable in no small part to his voice. Congrats :)

Deleted member 1102

Account closed at user request
Banned
Oct 25, 2017

Oh wow I didn't expect to see a voice actor from the game in here! You did a fantastic job as Felix, I'm loving his excitement at exploring the furthest reaches of space. Had a good chuckle too over his conversation with Vicar Max about ADA being sentient, great job from the both of you there.

Jswanko

Oct 26, 2017
Anyone else have an issue with the screen being cut off a bit on PS4? There's no in-game option to adjust screen size and PS4 option does nothing for me.

Dphex

Oct 27, 2017
Cologne, Germany
Is there a highlight system during TTD for weak points or do you just have to know where to aim?

from a guide:
Hitting enemies in the head will "blind" them, lowering accuracy. An arm shot can make them drop weapons, and leg shots will cripple them, and make them limp. The effect of a body shot will depend on your weapon. Shotguns knock enemies down, while pistols can produce bleeds, and so on.

Bit_Reactor

Banned
Apr 9, 2019
I love that Parvati is basically Kaylee from Firefly already. "I hate you Vending Machine." All the writing has been on point and reminds me of why Obsidian are so great at what they do.

Still wish I could get more fine tuned graphical options though. There seems to be this hazy BLUR filter on literally everything in the game and I think it's aliasing but I can't turn it off, and the only thing I can find is "screen effects" and that's it that I can tweak. Anyone know what the blur is from? They really need more graphics options so I can sharpen this shiz up.

yap

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017

You did amazing work! Congrats my dude!

Kuro

Oct 25, 2017
I love that Parvati is basically Kaylee from Firefly already. "I hate you Vending Machine." All the writing has been on point and reminds me of why Obsidian are so great at what they do.

Still wish I could get more fine tuned graphical options though. There seems to be this hazy BLUR filter on literally everything in the game and I think it's aliasing but I can't turn it off, and the only thing I can find is "screen effects" and that's it that I can tweak. Anyone know what the blur is from? They really need more graphics options so I can sharpen this shiz up.
Its the chromatic aberration most likely. You can turn screen effects to low to lessen it or you can turn it off completely in an ini file. I believe the instructions are in the PC perf thread.

Rad

Oct 26, 2017
I really like the game but good lord the enemy AI is bad. Often they just stand still and it's too easy to cheese them. Also I feel some of the guns are quite imbalanced. For example plasma rifles kill most things in one (charged) shot.

Bit_Reactor

Banned
Apr 9, 2019
Oh sweet baby jesus that looks so much better. Thank god for turning off AA.

I hope modders eventually get in on this too. I already love this game so much due to it hitting my classic Scifi loves and such but some of the graphic options being so limited is a bummer. CA and AA is turned off and now the game looks even better thanks to finding the sharpening line too. Thanks everyone!

So a guy at work is complaining about how big the hud is. Can you change the size of it or anything?
If on PC you can change the scale of all elements with this:

I made mine too big by accident, the numbers make a LOT of changes so make sure to make small increments haha. I had my hud going off the screen at one point.

Deleted member 1102

Account closed at user request
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Holy shit I am DYING

Meeting her parents and one of the options was "[Spit on floor] Nice place you got here, I'll definitely be taking some stuff with me."

God the dialogue in this game is so good

Oct 27, 2017
I'm so conflicted. The writing is amazing, gameplay amazing but damn those closeup animations on faces during dialog are rough. Making it hard for me to connect with the characters.

Hella

Oct 27, 2017
Is there a highlight system during TTD for weak points or do you just have to know where to aim?
There's a pop-up that tells you what the area hit will do. It's important to check because some weapons have different effects for the chest/torso area.
I really like the game but good lord the enemy AI is bad. Often they just stand still and it's too easy to cheese them. Also I feel some of the guns are quite imbalanced. For example plasma rifles kill most things in one (charged) shot.
Do you have high dialog skills? They can cause a lot of havoc during combat, which isn't communicated well when actually fighting.

Deleted member 29249

User requested account closure
Banned
Nov 1, 2017
I don't know what you mean, because when you one-shot an enemy with a weapon from really far away one of two things happens. Either those around them don't even notice, or they basically go into the Metal Gear alert mode, search for a bit and then go back like nothing is amiss. The only time they go right into combat is if you didn't kill your first target outright. This is a lot harder to do indoors, but outside it's pretty easy.

cool it might because the bolt gun fires 3 shots. Was actually having easier time inside for some reason then camps outside. Might put more time into it and just adjust the way I play. Maybe even start over and just go melee meat head build.

Yopis

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
East Coast

Awesome work and congrats.

Karak

Banned
Oct 27, 2017

Congrats

RandomSeed

Oct 27, 2017
When combat ends.

200.gif

statham

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
FloRida

Just met ya in game, I let you live so far.

Dyno

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I'm still getting nothing from this which is disappointing. I'm up to the second location you land at on the first planet now, does it pick up when you get to the others? The main issue I'm having is the locations are kind of boring. I saw the big volcano and was pretty hyped to check it out, then realized the map doesnt actually go that far and it's kind made me wonder if it's all just very typical buildings for the most part.

spartan112g

Banned
May 5, 2018
My first impressions after an hour is that the combat feels leagues better than anything in Fallout, the dialogue is well written and feels natural, and the quests are interesting so far. It's weird how they make this atmosphere of not really trusting what anybody has to say since you think they all have ulterior motives.