• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Kureizu

Oct 27, 2017
Alicante, Spain.
Started on supernova and went back to hard. I spent more time loading saves because of companion deaths than playing.

Wish there was like a supernova "lite" where you could enable or disable the supernova specific features.

Dphex

Oct 27, 2017
Cologne, Germany
Started on supernova and went back to hard. I spent more time loading saves because of companion deaths than playing.

Wish there was like a supernova "lite" where you could enable or disable the supernova specific features.

the limited saves were annoying for me, also changed to hard for first playthrough.

i would like the more health on enemies from Supernova though, i find the game extremely easy on hard. nothing was a challenge so far.

Mi goreng

Oct 28, 2017
Melbourne
how are the environments in this? are they fun to explore? in the trailers/footage they seemed kind of barren compared to fallout games. it's the one thing holding me off a purchase.

YuSuzzune

Nov 21, 2018
How long is the game? I just completed the planet you start the game on and I saw there are several already on the map.

horsebite

Oct 27, 2017
USA
Another major annoyance - not being able to unequip an item in the inventory that you have equipped (like if you have a weapon drawn, and go into the menu you can't unequip that weapon) you have to exit the menu, holster or swap weapons, go back into the menu and unequip. That's ridiculous! I love this game, but everything regarding the UI and how you interact with menus is total shit and getting in the way of a fantastic game.

Maledict

Oct 25, 2017
The size of the text is actually stopping me playing this on the console. How the hell did that get through Q&A? It's basically unreadable on a large TV.

Sky87

Oct 27, 2017

Yeah, my companion instantly dies in many firefights when exploring new side areas on Hard, can't imagine how annoying it would be to have to go back to an old save all the time. You'd be forced to play in a certain way and be punished for exploring new areas. That or go alone.

Castamere

Oct 26, 2017
Obsidian makes greatly written companions look effortless. It really is incredible.

I've only gotten Parvati and she's already one of my favorite companions of all time.

Dphex

Oct 27, 2017
Cologne, Germany
gotta say i really think this is a cult classic game in the making, this game has more character than 90% of the games releasing these days, in fact there aren´t many games like that coming out nowadays at all.

this is a taste of how awesome games can be...i think this might end up as my GOTY, depends on Death Stranding

Tokyo_Funk

Banned
Dec 10, 2018
Game is fun, I have set up a few rules on my first play through that I am sticking with
- Don't bow to corporations
- Annoying people die especially people who enforce rules
- If it's not nailed down its up for grabs

Up to level 10 and so far the game has let me do this up to now. Most games are all "Boo hoo you killed an important character, you have to restart" or the character just gets up again later like nothing happened. Being an asshole bounty hunter is fun.

sweetmini

Jun 12, 2019
Ooookay let's start this !

A little bummed that it's yet another game where you cannot chose your output monitor *sigh* but i'll make do with the task bar hidden behind the game for my multitasking.

I'm thrilled by the prospect of a full on production by obsidian :)
See ya in 40-50 hours.

edit: *the sprats are so cute*

Tovarisc

Oct 25, 2017
FIN
Game is fun, I have set up a few rules on my first play through that I am sticking with
- If it's not nailed down its up for grabs

It's just stupid how easy it's to steal in this game, zero consequences and challenge. Emptied few stores by standing .5 meters to left from clerk and then selling him his own stock back.

It's just stupid powerful and easy to steal.

Is there any way to re-spec 'attributes'?

If save editor rolls around, but atm there is no way.

Blade Wolf

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Taiwan
Great game by its design, but the aesthetics are a mixed bag, the towns are amazing but the outdoors are garbage.

Basically, civilization good, wilderness really bad.

6 hours in and I already hate Emerald Vale with a passion, which is a shame cause I absolutely love Edge Water.
Also I feel like a desert planet would fit the tone of Edge Water much better than what we got here.

Tokyo_Funk

Banned
Dec 10, 2018
It's just stupid how easy it's to steal in this game, zero consequences and challenge. Emptied few stores by standing .5 meters to left from clerk and then selling him his own stock back.

It's just stupid powerful and easy to steal.

There are characters that notice you and come up to you all "What are you doing?" to which you can use persuasion and intimidation to get them away. It would be good if there was more of a challenge I will agree.

Tovarisc

Oct 25, 2017
FIN
There are characters that notice you and come up to you all "What are you doing?" to which you can use persuasion and intimidation to get them away. It would be good if there was more of a challenge I will agree.

Sticks out quite a lot when in contrast to killings.
  • Kill company man without anyone seeing or hearing a thing => Instant reputation hit because magic.
  • Rob someone blind while person is in the same room as you => zero consequences
Bit stupid.

Dphex

Oct 27, 2017
Cologne, Germany
when i have more than one slot in the inhaler, how do i change what is inhaled without going back into the menu?

for example, the first slot is adreno, the second some tuna cans, how do i change to the tuna cans at all?

Sanctuary

Oct 27, 2017
So The Reaper perk is supposed to give you back 25% of your TTD when you kill something. Except you have to do it outside of TTD or it doesn't count. Doesn't really work the way I thought it did, and it's kind of poor. The majority of the perks seem to be though anyway aside from a very select few.

TheMango55

Banned
Nov 1, 2017
Would Parvati be considered Romantic Asexual? That's great if so because you rarely see explicit asexual representation in games.

Papercuts

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
when i have more than one slot in the inhaler, how do i change what is inhaled without going back into the menu?

for example, the first slot is adreno, the second some tuna cans, how do i change to the tuna cans at all?

When you have multiple slots it's actually mixing and using them all.

Blade Wolf

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Taiwan
Obsidian makes greatly written companions look effortless. It really is incredible.

I've only gotten Parvati and she's already one of my favorite companions of all time.

Agree, I would kill for Obsidian to make another post apocalypse RPG akin to Fallout.

Fallout New Vegas is great but it looks and plays clunky by today's standard.

Edgar

User requested ban
Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Guy do you notice, when running /walking outside the whole area looks like its floating or some shit when looking in the distance . Maybe they tried simulating head bob but did not do it properly? I am on the first planet and whenever I walk it looks like mauntains n stuff are jumping or some shit

JustinH

Oct 27, 2017
Man... So I'm level 13 and just went back to Terra 2 just to scrounge around. First time I was here I had to leave some locked boxes behind because I ran out of Mag picks (which was weird because on my PC playthrough I was swimming in the things).

My go-to weapons were some unique pistol that does high 600-something corrosive damage but you can only fire it three times between lengthy reloads and an assault rifle I've been tinkering up to 306 shock damage with a scope on it. I loved that assault rifle for a good while but it cost me a lot of bits from tinkering.

Most of the enemies were just like level 3 and 5s so I was just crushing them, but at one Marauder hideout they were all level 15 and killed me... quite a few a few times. In that camp the vending machine had a light assault rifle that just after a couple "tinkers" is up to 700 something damage. I'm so happy I came back to Terra-2 lol. There was a heavy minigun that did 925 damage (base) too that I thought about buying for a companion, but it was more than 2000 bits and I'm trying to save up money now.

Deleted member 29249

User requested account closure
Banned
Nov 1, 2017
Without the stealth range options of fallout and Elder scrolls I'm really not enjoying the game. Guess it's a bad habit to play these types of games the same way but it's how I am.
I'm prob done with it now but at least gotta say it's the best looking one of these types of games.

JoeNut

Oct 27, 2017
UK
So now people have spent some time with it, I'm wondering if it's worth me buying it.
I'm not interested any basically any game releasing between now and the new year (on ps4) and this looks like my type of game. I love fallout 3, NV and 4, I'm just a bit apprehensive because this looks EXACTLY the same as all those games. Is there enough differential to justify playing another 30+ hours? Or have I basically done it all before and its just a new setting?
Any thoughts appreciated!

Porcupine

Oct 27, 2017
So now people have spent some time with it, I'm wondering if it's worth me buying it.
I'm not interested any basically any game releasing between now and the new year (on ps4) and this looks like my type of game. I love fallout 3, NV and 4, I'm just a bit apprehensive because this looks EXACTLY the same as all those games. Is there enough differential to justify playing another 30+ hours? Or have I basically done it all before and its just a new setting?
Any thoughts appreciated!

My main problem with the game that it's basically a copy of older games. You've seen everything before, it brings nothing really new to the table. I get why a lot of people want exactly that, but it's definitely something to consider when you want to buy the game.

Prine

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
So does Outer Worlds. Going from Apex Legends to this is like controlling a graceful butterfly to a brick.

Maybe Microsoft will help, but honestly I have no reason to trust them given their track record with bought studios.

Not really a fair comparison, its not a shooter. Like comparing Uncharted 4 to Witcher 3 because they're both 3rd person.