• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Sanctuary

Oct 27, 2017
Either my companion is sadistic, or just doesn't like me very much. I jumped down from a small ledge, landed on some mines that blew up and killed me and she went "Woohoo!".

Also, is adreno considered a 'drug' in this game? It's the only thing I've been using so far, and when I randomly switched to a new gun I had never used before the game informed me that I was a drug addict (Flaw).

So what's everybody's favorite companion and why is it Parvati?

Not really my favorite, just the first one I ended up with.

Tovarisc

Oct 25, 2017
FIN
Anyone else getting this weird skybox glitch, upper right corner? Happens only when panning over that planet.

indianawindowsstore-wy0k7v.png

danowat

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I think I must be playing a different game to everyone else, or just a bit jaded.

Feels like a 10 year old game, maybe that's what people wanted!, doesn't look particularly special, even in 4k.

Only a few hours in, and there isn't much pull to keep going, world is empty, every encounter is the same, 3 or 4 marauders, rinse, repeat.

Do later worlds and levels feel significantly different? If not I may just leave it where I am.

LuisGarcia

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
I think I must be playing a different game to everyone else, or just a bit jaded.

Feels like a 10 year old game, maybe that's what people wanted!, doesn't look particularly special, even in 4k.

Only a few hours in, and there isn't much pull to keep going, world is empty, every encounter is the same, 3 or 4 marauders, rinse, repeat.

Do later worlds and levels feel significantly different? If not I may just leave it where I am.

Yeah I'm feeling the same at the moment. Its just not that great imo.

The world building is OK but the rest is very average.

Noisepurge

Oct 25, 2017
What the hell, is this not available in Canada? Amazon doesn't have it and EBGames just cancelled my pre-order this morning...

AkimbOb-omb

Oct 30, 2017
Analogue stick drifting on Xbox One: Am I the only one experiencing this? Played for three hours last night and it was there from the start and it's quite severe. The left sticks drifts to the right when standing still and I have to flick it to the left to get it centered and stop my character from straving to the right, which is quite annoying when looting or exploring smaller spaces.

I don't think the problem is on my end, since the controller I'm using is basically brand new, less than a month old, and the sticks are not worn out or anything. The deadzones must be incredibly small and the settings don't offer an option to change them.

Hoo-doo

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
The Netherlands
This game is not for me. I am so over the cowboy-spacer bioshock aesthetic, and coupled with the painfully unfunny writing I truly can't be bothered to continue past an hour or so. The fetch quests were also immediately bothering me and the combat so far feels clunky at best.

Does the game change substantially over the course of the playthrough? If not I might just go play something else.

Hoo-doo

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
The Netherlands
i can't speak for everyone, but yes.

this game is a breath of fresh air compared to the on rails "cinematic" story driven games or the live service infested collectathon open world games we see today.

I don't think you're playing the right games. This game is far from a breath of fresh air to me, it immediately felt stale.

Voodoopeople

Oct 29, 2017
i can't speak for everyone, but yes.

this game is a breath of fresh air compared to the on rails "cinematic" story driven games or the live service infested collectathon open world games we see today.

I sort of agree. Games like Red Dead and God of War have set a level of expectation for things like animation that are simply unrealistic and in many cases totally inappropriate for a lot of games. We had this with Gears 5 as well.

A lot of people look at a game, compare it to the animation in something like TLOU2 and incorrectly just go "This looks like a last-gen game".

May 25, 2019
London
How can anybody read the subtitle/menu font size unless they're sitting right in front of their TV?

Every game needs to take a lesson from Division 2 with its modifiable subtitle/font sizes

Kasey

Nov 1, 2017
Boise

There are different enemy types and locations, yes. This is an RPG, though. It's biggest strengths are it's writing, branching narrative and quest structure, and how it rewards player agency. It has what's been missing from AAA WRPGs since... well Fallout New Vegas.

danowat

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
There are different enemy types and locations, yes. This is an RPG, though. It's biggest strengths are it's writing, branching narrative and quest structure, and how it rewards player agency. It has what's been missing from AAA WRPGs since... well Fallout New Vegas.
It does feel like Fallout 3 and NV, maybe because I played the hell out of those, and the DLC, maybe that's why.

It just doesn't feel very exciting at the moment, the writing is good, there is no doubt about that, and yes, if you want more of that then you're golden, but the world doesn't feel very dynamic, and encounters are pretty predictable (so far).

I'll keep going to another planet and see how things go, but disappointed at the moment.

Kenzodielocke

Oct 25, 2017
Can I fail dialogue options? Because it doesn't show me how much I have in for example Persuation, just how much I need.

So my question is if the option is there I succeed a 100%?

Astraer

Gamer Guides
Verified
Oct 28, 2017
Our guide just went live, the Walkthrough is in the process of getting worked on but we wanted to get an indepth character creation section up for people starting off. It goes into great detail about all of the skills in the game and has a suggested build based of his playthrough he did for his review.

Our writer wrote some monster guides for Witcher 3 and Horizon so this will be pretty indepth if people are interested.

Buckle

Oct 27, 2017
I don't envy people who are playing this sitting back from their TV.

I feel like I have to squint to read the font even sitting right in front of my PC monitor.

edgefusion

Oct 27, 2017
Is there any way to not draw my gun on doors when I try to open them, or on random civilians? It's kinda....weird

Bastos

Oct 25, 2017
I know it's a silly thing to complain about, but It bothers me when I gib an enemy and the floor is clean without a single drop of blood. Makes it feel less visceral and impactful.

BreakerofChains

Alt-Account
Banned
Oct 24, 2019
I am playing on the X and the graphics are kind of disappointing? Not a big deal obviously , i'm here for the RPG, just was a bit of a surprise when i started playing.

TheGhost

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Long Island
Probably getting my SP game of the year over Devil May Cry 5....game is fresh air so far. It's like if you take a dirty product (fall out) throw it in the washer and dryer and put it on spin, take it out, spit on it for that extra shine and that's Outer Worlds..

The skyboxes, the characters, the dialogue, I'm already wanting a sequel and I'm only like 10% into the game.

OP
OP
iFirez

iFirez

Oct 25, 2017
England
Well now I feel bad...

XnfQpTJ.png

3h 44mins in - did a TON of side quests and now just left the planet. What an awesome start to the game though, and already feel pretty powerful for level 7.

Last edited:

Hoo-doo

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
The Netherlands
There are some heavy Mass Effect/KOTOR vibes to this game.

Where are you basing this on? Choices and companions? Because thematically and narratively it doesn't remotely resemble Mass Effect.

It also doesn't try to be ME though, so that's not a slight of this game. I just miss the more serious tone of world and writing of those games.

flaxknuckles

Oct 25, 2017
Usually when I play RPGs I throw most of my points into combat but it's very easy here so I put everything into Dialogue and Lockpicking for once. It is amazing to finally be able to pass skill checks and open every treasure chest. And thank god there are no lockpicking minigames.

I haven't given the generator power to the obvious better choice (the deserters) because I've been trying to find out if their special fertilizer is made out of people (too many hints that it is). I wanna be sure because if I helped them out and they turn out to be cannibals I'll have to cleanse their whole camp. Maybe I should do that anyway heh.

Jintor

Saw the truth behind the copied door
Oct 25, 2017
Three random crash to desktops in about 2 hours playtime, not super happy, especially because I was enjoying playing a lot and exploring the world. Probably will put this aside and wait for a hotfix since I have things to do.

Just met Parvati, she seems great, but yeah, the crashing is real bad.

Getting great Fallout NV vibes except the combat doesn't feel quite as bad.

the UI scaling is awful though. Text is tiny.

spacer

Oct 30, 2017
I played a little bit after I got home from the gym last night. The game is pretty damn great. Even within the first town, I already had a ton of better RPG dialog with the first few NPCs that I talked to, than I have had in a long time. This game is going to be something special. (pun intended) I didn't think anything was going to take Sekiro's spot as my GOTY, but this one just might.

DarkStream

Oct 27, 2017
Alright, 10 hours in, level 16, got all the companions.
Suprised how big the planet is I'm on in comparison to Terra 2.

spacer

Oct 30, 2017
I sit about 6ft away from a 55" display, and the text is fine.
I'm about 8ft from a 65" tv, and the font SIZE is fine. But the light-grey flavor text on items is almost impossible to read because of the terrible contrast with the tooltip background. I hope they patch in a different color for that text, but it was pretty tough reading stuff.

Soggoth

Oct 29, 2017
One hour until I finish work and will dive into the game and currently only thinking one thing: Supernova or Hard, Supernova or Hard, Supernova or Hard, Supernova or Hard, Supernova or Hard, Supernova or Hard, Supernova or Hard, Supernova or Hard, Supernova or Hard, Supernova or Hard....

Kasey

Nov 1, 2017
Boise
Where are you basing this on? Choices and companions? Because thematically and narratively it doesn't remotely resemble Mass Effect.

It also doesn't try to be ME though, so that's not a slight of this game. I just miss the more serious tone of world and writing of those games.
The way companions interact and play into dialogue options, the design of some of the levels and hubs, captaining a ship, recruiting a crew and zipping from planet to planet.

Tonally it's different, but structurally it's very similar.