• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Proven

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Has anyone figured out how to toggle consumables? I want to use a different one but I can't figure out how to toggle it in game

Sanctuary

Oct 27, 2017
What's with people whining about first person all the time? You only played Sony games or something?

First person ain't some weird foreign concept, it's literally one of the most popular genre out there.

This might come as a shock to you but a) not everyone is super into Halo, CoD, Battlefield, Doom et al. b) there are actually some major gameplay restrictions when going first-person and c) some people get motion sickness from that perspective. Furthermore, it's so pervasive now because last gen when multiplayer shooters blew up, every other game (whether or not it actually improved it) changed their perspective to get try to get in on that action.

Terrysaur

Jun 14, 2019
10 more hours until this game gets unleashed on PC for us plebs. Thank the lord for Xbox Game Pass!

Blade Wolf

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Taiwan
This might come as a shock to you but a) not everyone is super into Halo, CoD, Battlefield, Doom et al. b) there are actually some major gameplay restrictions when going first-person and c) some people get motion sickness from that perspective.

I totally understand, it's just that the game been confirmed to be first person since the very first reveal. No reason to be disappointed.

Oh thank God! Now people wont get motion sickness when they remain motionless!

Laughed louder than I should've.

Atisha

Banned
Nov 28, 2017
Happy with my char.

aliGOpe.png

ZQ2H8bL.png

Lord and Savior?

texhnolyze

Oct 25, 2017
Indonesia
I totally understand, it's just that the game been confirmed to be first person since the very first reveal. No reason to be disappointed.
Of course there is. It means that lots of people will have to deal with motion sickness playing the game. Laughing at them just because is not helping at all.

Also, referring to your first comment, 3rd person is not related to console gaming at all. I've played hundreds of MMO in my life, and none of them are in 1st person.

Edge

A King's Landing
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Celle, Germany
I'm really f'n impressed how they handled the graphics here. Everything close looks a bit like Skyrim Special edition, engine, graphic style, but of course much more detailed and sharper, but then everything far away is and stays so freaking detailed and sharp so that this alone gives you a certain feeling of being in a real world, which other games often can't accomplish. It's impressive.

If I had my PC working I would do HQ gifs right now just from simple movement alone.
It looks so good.

Xbox One X 1080p super sampling png

JAWXSUG.png

Sanctuary

Oct 27, 2017

So was Skyrim, with a (shitty) third-person mode. Different publisher/developer of course, but you know If Bethesda + Obsidian = New Vegas, and Bethesda = Skyrim, then obviously The Outer Worlds should have a third-person mode or something. I guess?

Of course there is. It means that lots of people will have to deal with motion sickness playing the game. Laughing at them just because is not helping at all.

Also, referring to your first comment, 3rd person is not related to console gaming at all. I've played hundreds of MMO in my life, and none of them are in 1st person.

I laughed a bit too at the followup because of the irony of the third-person that is actually available.

IQ looks impressive, but the CA is definitely very strong there. Oof.

I don't understand how this trend caught on, but just because it's used in actual movies does not mean it actually looks good in games. "Oh, but we want our game to have a cinematic presentation. What better way than to make it look like you are viewing something through a distorted pane of glass!?". Some of the games are so smeared that I wonder if I'm seeing things similar to someone who is vision impaired.

Last edited:

texhnolyze

Oct 25, 2017
Indonesia
I'm really f'n impressed how they handled the graphics here. Everything close looks a bit like Skyrim Special edition, engine, graphic style, but of course much more detailed and sharper, but then everything far away is and stays so freaking detailed and sharp so that this alone gives you a certain feeling of being in a real world, which other games often can't accomplish. It's impressive.

If I had my PC working I would do HQ gifs right now just from simple movement alone.
It looks so good.

Xbox One X 1080p super sampling png

JAWXSUG.png
IQ looks impressive, but the CA is definitely very strong there. Oof.

Edge

A King's Landing
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Celle, Germany
Btw, since this was a question at the beginning of the thread somewhere, you can also deactivate the helmet for your companion.

FlyingLlama

Oct 29, 2017
I see all these character builders but I am tempted to just go blind and pick skills etc on the fly as I go... I have no idea the style I am going for! I literally can't wait.

ToKre

Mar 11, 2018
I never tried the Microsoft store but heard bad things (long time ago) is it in a good spot now or should i wait for a year?

Bright

Sep 15, 2018
Weird question but does anyone know if you can see your characters legs and feet when looking down?

Edge

A King's Landing
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Celle, Germany
I see all these character builders but I am tempted to just go blind and pick skills etc on the fly as I go... I have no idea the style I am going for! I literally can't wait.

I did that, and always do that. Just read through everything and then decide what to choose and dynamically develop my character based on what happens in the world.

m23

Oct 25, 2017
Is there a way to build my character in advance, like a companion app or something? Won't be able to play until tomorrow.

Jul 26, 2018
I've been console player all my life and FPS is one of my favorite genre of all time, especially ones with proper FOV settings like Battlefield 1.

I don't think it has anything to do with PC or console. It's just that most of Era prefer 3rd person because they grew up on JRPG, MGS, Zelda or Resident Evil.
Didn't play any of those and I also said I wished this was in third person. In fact, most rpg hardcores would also favor isometric.

For me it's just more cinematic. I like it better, that's it.

Box

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Lancashire
Weird question but does anyone know if you can see your characters legs and feet when looking down?
I've had problems in the past but recently it's been much more stable. No problems with Metro/Gears5 or the download of TOW.
Needs to be stated that Win store version is not the choice if you want mods.

Foxashel

Banned
Jul 18, 2019
I would love the mod scene to kick in ASAP so we can start to see some nudity and clean skin additions.

OP
OP
iFirez

iFirez

Oct 25, 2017
England
Finally decided on my character build. I've been toying with which way I want to approach my first playthrough - I've decided in a Sniper/Ranged convict who begrudgingly allows some people to 'tag' along with him. A lot of Skill Points in Long Guns and Sneak to chase that Crit damage and Headshot bonuses. This character is likely going to 'go where the money is' and his choices will follow that mantra; something along the lines of a hired gun/assassin of sorts.

My second playthrough is likely going to be a Very High Strength, High Int and High Charm build which focuses on melee weapons (both 1 and 2 handed) and is very much about helping the downtrodden and overthrowing the corporate hierarchy. Quick witted, fast talking and people flock to them as a hero of sorts.

Tupper

Jul 15, 2019
I've woke up a bit early did a quick hop to New Zealand, created my character, and then left for work. In hind sight, wish I had taken the day off.

*hello boss... <cough cough> I'm not feeling well...

Oh well, I've waited this long, I can wait a bit longer.

Fudgepuppy

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Anyone on PC that can confirm how it works with controllers? I'm thinking of buying it on EGS and running it through Steam BPM with the Steam Controller, but then the game needs to support simultaneous gamepad and mouse support.

Could someone see how it works when using both a gamepad and mouse? Just see if you can move with the left stick and aim at the same time with the mouse.

Sera

Oct 27, 2017
Melbourne
This might come as a shock to you but a) not everyone is super into Halo, CoD, Battlefield, Doom et al. b) there are actually some major gameplay restrictions when going first-person and c) some people get motion sickness from that perspective. Furthermore, it's so pervasive now because last gen when multiplayer shooters blew up, every other game (whether or not it actually improved it) changed their perspective to get try to get in on that action.
thanks, from a person who gets motion sickness from FPS and doesn't like shooty bang gameplay
systems like VATS/TTD help a lot to mitigate some of this but I'd honestly prefer a 3rd person mode

Sanctuary

Oct 27, 2017
Anyone on PC that can confirm how it works with controllers? I'm thinking of buying it on EGS and running it through Steam BPM with the Steam Controller, but then the game needs to support simultaneous gamepad and mouse support.

Could someone see how it works when using both a gamepad and mouse? Just see if you can move with the left stick and aim at the same time with the mouse.

Unless a reviewer is in this thread, no one is currently playing it on PC and won't be for another nine hours. If you haven't decided by then, check back later to see if someone can look into it for you.

pink

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Can y'all people crying about third person view make your own thread so people can discuss the actual game here?

Deleted member 2379

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Has anyone figured out how to toggle consumables? I want to use a different one but I can't figure out how to toggle it in game

So I don't think you actually toggle them. In the inventory you fill your inhaler with consumables and when you use the inhaler you get the adrena and the benefit of the consumable that was in the stack as well.

This way you can create concotions.