• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Deleted member 224

Oct 25, 2017
MS will view the data and make what they think is the best decision for the IP. It has not been decided no matter how definitive ya'll keep saying it.

True, though I never said because it sold more on PS over Xbox which should be expected, but they could also decide the game and IP is better off if it remains multiplatform due to massive sales.
Using this logic, wouldn't it be in Microsoft's best interest to fund a pro patch in order to maximize sales on all possible platforms?

You can wish all you want. Outer Worlds 2 has the same chance as the next Halo when it comes to being on a PlayStation platform.

Dokkaebi G0SU

Nov 2, 2017
L
M
F
A
O
This thread is gold.

what if Sony didn't want to pay for the Pro update.. oh ... yet, it's all MS fault for some amazing reasons. This thread shows how the hive mind is. Pretty creepy tbh

Remeran

Nov 27, 2018
True, though I never said because it sold more on PS over Xbox which should be expected, but they could also decide the game and IP is better off if it remains multiplatform due to massive sales.

technically you're right. But it's sort of like saying any Sony exclusive could potentially be made multiplat since they would be massive successes on Xbox/PC. Sure until they announce it we can't say for sure whether the next horizon will be a Sony exclusive but cmon.

Grimminski

Oct 27, 2017
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
giphy.gif
Bröther...

litebrite

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Using this logic, wouldn't it be in Microsoft's best interest to fund a pro patch in order to maximize sales on all possible platforms?

You can wish all you want. Outer Worlds 2 has the same chance as the next Halo when it comes to being on a PlayStation platform.
How much sense does that make? MS didn't fund or publish this game. Ya'll are saying silly stuff.
technically you're right. But it's sort of like saying any Sony exclusive could potentially be made multiplat since they would be massive successes on Xbox/PC. Sure until they announce it we can't say for sure whether the next horizon will be a Sony exclusive but cmon.
No it's not. Horrible comparison.

sjackso3

Oct 30, 2017
Houston
So Sony can make content exclusive and everyone defends them, but if MS does something they are evil?

First there is no proof that MS has anything to do with keeping the PS4 Pro from getting an enhanced version.

Two, this would not be the first time something was enhanced for one console and not the other (one example is Mass Effect Andromeda for PS4 Pro).

Third, assuming MS paid extra to have it enhanced to please there customers, that's there business. It's hypocritical to say that one company can do it and others can't. When Sony paid for exclusive content for Destiny, I didn't cry about it.

Remeran

Nov 27, 2018
How much sense does that make? MS didn't fund or publish this game. Ya'll are saying silly stuff.
Okay why? Sony owns horizon and MS owns outer worlds how is that different? And what does funding and publishing have to do with this? MS now owns the IP and will fund any potential sequels

Deleted member 224

Oct 25, 2017
Sure, Microsoft didn't publish the title, but they seem to have worked out a deal for an X patch. Why wouldn't they do the same for a pro patch? It's their IP after all.

And it's a perfect comparison. The next God of War would sell huge numbers on Steam. Just because Sony hasn't released a AAA game on Steam before doesn't mean they won't now. Shit, you can stream some of their first party content to pc already with ps now. I'm sure they'll look at all the data and make the choice that's best for them

Marble

Banned
Nov 27, 2017
I think it looks like shit either way. Cleaner IQ is not gonna do anything about that.

Jamie

Unshakable Resolve - Prophet of Truth
Oct 27, 2017
As someone who plays his third party games on Xbox, I know if the shoe was on the other side I'd feel gypped as well. It's just enhanced graphics, and the game is already coming out on many platforms so just give them it.

Deleted member 135

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I was planning on buying this game on faith that what very little of the New Vegas dev team remained at Obsidian could make a good game, but I am beginning to think my faith was misplaced already.

litebrite

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Sure, Microsoft didn't publish the title, but they seem to have worked out a deal for an X patch. Why wouldn't they do the same for a pro patch? It's their IP after all.

And it's a perfect comparison. The next God of War would sell huge numbers on Steam. Just because Sony hasn't released a AAA game on Steam before doesn't mean they won't now. Shit, you can stream some of their first party content to pc already with ps now
Makes no sense and it's a horrible comparison.
Solid argument you got there.
Yours wasn't and it still doesn't change my point that nothing has been decided about the future of The Outer Worlds even if a sequel is made it's likely to be a MS exclusive.

Proven

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
I was planning on buying this game on faith that what very little of the New Vegas dev team remained at Obsidian could make a good game, but I am beginning to think my faith was misplaced already.

Wait, so because they may not be enhancing the game for one console, you're saying the game might actually not be good?

Didn't you already come in the thread earlier and say you were cancelling your pre order anyways?

Camonna Tong

Mar 2, 2018
Yes, and I choose not to because I don't support shady shit like this. I could still buy it on PS4 so what difference does my owning a gaming PC make? I refuse to buy it out of principle not because I want to but can't. The platform that's getting the short end of the stick has nothing to do with my purchasing decision. If PCs were getting the short end of the stick I wouldn't buy it on PS4 either.

Read my post above and read it carefully. I'm refusing to buy the game out of principle not because I can't get a better version on a different platform. I'm voting with my wallet not to support shady practices like this in gaming.
So hypothetically (because we don't actually know), TOW was never going to get an enhanced patch for either (or maybe they would have much later). MS is making sure the X version does by allocating more resources for that to happen. Are you saying it's shady for MS to not allocate more resources for a competing platform for something that was never going to happen in the first place regardless (i.e. MS would be paying for a Pro patch themselves)? This isn't them blocking anything, so none of these complaints make sense with regards to how it's MS' fault or whatever (blocking makes 0 sense).

Regardless, we really don't know of the situation besides hypotheticals so saying shady business practices or what have you is jumping the gun. I'm also willing to bet there will eventually be a Pro patch, just not until after release due to time constraints.

NCR Ranger

Oct 25, 2017

Crazy talk. The two people who played big roles on Fallout, Arcanum, and I think even Bloodlines are working on this. Any New Vegas devs left are just icing on the cake.

Deleted member 224

Oct 25, 2017

Yours wasn't and it still doesn't change my point that nothing has been decided about the future of The Outer Worlds even if a sequel is made it's likely to be a MS exclusive.
You constantly saying "it's not a good comparison" isn't a good argument.

Thinking the next Outer Worlds will come to PS5 is like thinking the next big Sony exclusive will come to other platforms. It doesn't take some genius intellect to realize that any game will sell more when released on more platforms. But Microsoft's biggest interest when purchasing these studios is attracting subscribers to Gamepass.

Sep 25, 2018
Come on guys we all know Xbox one x is stronger, what are they suppose to do lower the graphics so it can run in 4K on ps4 then port the same version to the Xbox one x so there will be no difference and everyone happy or do these companies instead use the full power of each system so you can get the best quality that they can give

plus not that big of dip in quality you never seen Xbox one players being upset when regular ps4 played the same games a little better

are people really gonna complain next year if Xbox new system more powerful than ps5 and it gets more enhanced features the ps5 do not get???

Remeran

Nov 27, 2018

But you're not giving any reasons why you think my Comparison is "horrible". I'm not arguing with you that nothings been decided I'm only pointing out that I can make the same argument about a Sony owned IP. You remember how ridiculous I sound saying horizon could come out for Xbox? That's how ridiculous you sound saying that a potential sequel could come out for PS5.

Remeran

Nov 27, 2018
Has to be. There's no other justification. Is this a new arena in the console wars (within the industry not internet shit slinging)? Intentionally delaying or ruling out the oppositions hardware enhancements?
I think you're right that MS may have decided this, but another also plausible justification was also posted many times here. What if there weren't going to be any enhancements at all and with MS backing they were able to add this? I more pessimistic than that but I do think that it's just as plausible

litebrite

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
But you're not giving any reasons why you think my Comparison is "horrible". I'm not arguing with you that nothings been decided I'm only pointing out that I can make the same argument about a Sony owned IP. You remember how ridiculous I sound saying horizon could come out for Xbox? That's how ridiculous you sound saying that a potential sequel could come out for Xbox.
Because a Sony Owned IP isn't being originally funded and published by a third party publisher and put also on a major console competitor. nor does Sony have the same business plans that Xbox does. You see how stupid this is?
You constantly saying "it's not a good comparison" isn't a good argument.

Thinking the next Outer Worlds will come to PS5 is like thinking the next big Sony exclusive will come to other platforms. It doesn't take some genius intellect to realize that any game will sell more when released on more platforms. But Microsoft's biggest interest when purchasing these studios is attracting subscribers to Gamepass.
Just stop. The comparison is stupid. Do I really have to go in detail why?

Umbrella Carp

Banned
Jan 16, 2019
I think you're right that MS may have decided this, but another also plausible justification was also posted many times here. What if there weren't going to be any enhancements at all and with MS backing they were able to add this? I more pessimistic than that but I do think that it's just as plausible

I don't think that makes much sense. Why would Outer Worlds not have any enhancements for the Pro/X by choice when pretty much every AAA game has it now?

Gundam

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I wonder if MS has an internal mandate for their games to have X Enhancements and Outer Worlds otherwise would have not gotten patches for either Pro or X. It doesn't make a ton of sense to me to undercut one version this late in the gen just cause they're rivals. Hopefully it gets patched in at some point, but maybe with it being late in the generation it's not worth it?

Deleted member 224

Oct 25, 2017
Because a Sony Owned IP isn't being originally funded and published by a third party publisher and put also on a major console competitor. nor does Sony have the same business plans that Xbox does. You see how stupid this is?

Sure.

For starters, what do you think the chances are that Sony allows Xbox Live integration and/or Gamepass on their platform? Because that's what it would take to see Outer Worlds 2 on the PS5

litebrite

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
User Banned (3 Days): Antagonizing other members over a series of posts.
Sure.

For starters, what do you think the chances are that Sony allows Xbox Live integration and/or Gamepass on their platform? Because that's what it would take to see Outer Worlds 2 on the PS5
Please stop. Your comparison was stupid.

Oct 31, 2017
So hypothetically (because we don't actually know), TOW was never going to get an enhanced patch for either (or maybe they would have much later). MS is making sure the X version does by allocating more resources for that to happen. Are you saying it's shady for MS to not allocate more resources for a competing platform for something that was never going to happen in the first place regardless (i.e. MS would be paying for a Pro patch themselves)? This isn't them blocking anything, so none of these complaints make sense with regards to how it's MS' fault or whatever (blocking makes 0 sense).

Regardless, we really don't know of the situation besides hypotheticals so saying shady business practices or what have you is jumping the gun. I'm also willing to bet there will eventually be a Pro patch, just not until after release due to time constraints.
Never said it had anything to do with MS. I never even mentioned MS in my posts.

I just simply think it looks shady and I refuse to support it. If Obsidian wants me to buy their game they need to come out and clarify their reasons, until then I'll be spending my money elsewhere.

chandoog

Oct 27, 2017
This is a pretty fucked up situation all around. Even if MS doesn't have a direct hand in it (of course), people will still make the connection.

Worst case scenario this is just an extreme case of the'lazy devs' rhetoric, as "enhancements" would just be an increase in resolution with the same assets, not any dedicated development for Pro. They're already seemingly doing the same for the X. Makes no logical sense why not the same for Pro.

If I wasn't getting this via Game Pass, PS4 Pro would have been my 2nd choice. I feel really bad for all the Pro owners who were looking forward to this.

Deleted member 38706

User requested account closure
Banned
Jan 19, 2018
Do y'all get this upset when 3rd parties don't even release games on Xbox One? Or when 3rd party publishers have exclusive game modes or dlc on PS4 for a year or longer?

Agree, and this is something that is so much more trivial compared to the things you've mentioned. PS owners still get the full game with the same content. At least not wanting to fund something is better than Sony PAYING to make sure games and content skip other platforms.

Umbrella Carp

Banned
Jan 16, 2019
I wonder if MS has an internal mandate for their games to have X Enhancements and Outer Worlds otherwise would have not gotten patches for either Pro or X. It doesn't make a ton of sense to me to undercut one version this late in the gen just cause they're rivals. Hopefully it gets patched in at some point, but maybe with it being late in the generation it's not worth it?

You have to remember it can work both ways. The game may have had no intention of being enhanced for either console, then MS jumped in and asked the question and Obsidian complied. So 1. It's possible from a technical standpoint so they weren't holding off by choice for that reason and 2. MS have clearly made creative calls on a game that is meant to be third party.

It doesn't matter to me either way I'm getting it on PC, but I just find it very strange that we're days out from launch and this is the first we're hearing of this.

Remeran

Nov 27, 2018

We have a MS exec all but confirming that any potential sequel would be MS exclusive. Which make both your points invalid.

Yea you do have to go into detail Because you sound as stupid to us as we sound to you?

litebrite

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
We have a MS exec all but confirming that any potential sequel would be MS exclusive. Which make both your points invalid.

Yea you do have to go into detail Because you sound as stupid to us as we sound to you?
LOL@ at "all but confirm" No he didn't but definitely hinted that it's likely.

Splader

Feb 12, 2018
Lol... Why not just wait for reviews to see if the game is good or not? What's this weird stuff about "misplaced faith"?

kubev

Oct 25, 2017
California
lmfaoo this one is a good one.
keep them coMing folks!
Not that I think the game will bomb on PlayStation because of this or anything, but I do think it'd be amusing if enough people boycotted the PlayStation version and caused the game to bomb on that platform, causing the conspiracy theory that Microsoft won't release a sequel on a PlayStation platform to come true. And of course people would blame Microsoft, anyway, but it'd make for some pretty interesting irony.

Deleted member 224

Oct 25, 2017
Mine wasn't. Which goes back to my point that nothing has been decided about the future of The Outer Worlds and MS will make a decision based on data.
But that brings back the completely obvious as fuck blanket statement that nothing has been decided about the future of any franchise past however many games are currently planned/in development.

And yes, all Microsoft owned IP on Switch (including Ori and Minecraft) have Xbox Live integration through Xbox achievements. One would assume that any futureMS published game on another console would require the same.

Status
Not open for further replies.