• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Camonna Tong

Mar 2, 2018
I'm sure the PC experience will be better down the road with the modding potential barring any dick moves Microsoft tries to pull. Shame for PS4 users though.
That's not going to happen. I'm just waiting for the modifiable windows app folder (for mod support). MS really needs to release that before this game comes out, but I'm starting to think that's not happening yet. Mistake on their part, but who knows? Maybe there's an issue or something. I know at least some games are skipping Garrison until that's added. The longer MS waits on adding it, the more games that'll release where the devs won't go back and add support for that folder (devs will have to go back to add support iirc).

Last edited:

bcatwilly

Oct 27, 2017
User Warned: Trolling / Platform Warring
Based on a bunch of people claiming in many previous Digital Foundry threads that they sit 20 feet from their TV and can't tell the difference between 1080p and 4K on the Xbox One X, then this shouldn't even be a problem it seems :)

Deleted member 51691

User requested account closure
Banned
Jan 6, 2019
The PS4 Pro is probably just too weak to justify them wasting extra development time on enhancements given how other games have either been 1080p or at best 1440p on the Pro.
No, most games get a graphical bump on PS4 Pro. Obsidian just won't do it because they are not contractually obligated to do so and are owned by Xbox.

May 18, 2018
Was looking more and more into this game in the last 2 days.

Not any more though. I was even already thinking about sequels only being on MS. Putting them both together cements a 'no thanks' from me.

I may look again in the future if I ever buy an Xbox 2.

ConHaki66

Oct 27, 2017
If this is what turns you off about buying this game, wth. Some better pixels aint gonna change much for an already budget game

Jakenbakin

Jun 17, 2018
Not super interested in this game at full price but it's a contender down the line when I have, like, money. I have base consoles for both systems. But I still came into this thread.

... The fuck is wrong with some of you? The games publisher is not compromising one of their platforms to own said platform holder, they don't give a fuck who bought the team that developed their game. That makes NO SENSE.

statham

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
FloRida
This thread shows a lot of you peeps don't have a gaming PC, which reading reasons to own a Xbox thread, seems like most of you peeps do. I'm confused.

Camonna Tong

Mar 2, 2018
nothing to do with that at all. I own an Xbox One X, it's just my Pro is my main.

it's just I don't understand how one console can get it but not the other. When you apply who they are owned by, it sort of makes sense.
Not really. It's more like a patch wasn't going to get added (or maybe not until later), and MS paid for a patch to be added (or Obsidian themselves put resources into it). MS blocking a PS4 Pro patch makes no sense honestly.

With this game though, I wouldn't be surprised if a Pro patch is added later. This game will have definitely have updates/expansions.

WadeIt0ut

Oct 28, 2017
Iowa
can you link me that it wasn't?

look if it was not I do not mind being wrong, but I just can't understand how it couldn't have nothing. I will probably end up keeping my pre order because I want this game pretty bad, but it's still frustrating.

...So the burden of proof is on Microsoft who has nothing to do with the development of this game?

Wat

Edward

▲ Legend ▲
Avenger
Oct 30, 2017
I think ill wait till i know all the facts before pulling my pitchfork out. It could be the PS4 pro doesn't have enough juice, the devs could have decided on their own it wasn't worth their time, there could be a patch coming. Either way, i can't wait to play it and i won't act on baseless accusations.

Shpeshal Nick

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Melbourne, Australia
Such a shitty move and now considering cancelling my pre order. Fuck for a second I don't believe this was MS doing. Of course it would have.
Those saying MS are consumer friendly must forget when the 360 was lead console how they were. And you can't point to Switch ports because the obviously do not see the Switch as a direct competitor

Again for the cheap seats.

Microsoft aren't publishing this game. Any X/Pro enhancements would need to be funded by Private Division/MS/Sony

At most, Microsoft got a freebie X enhance due to owning the studio.

IIFloodyII

Oct 26, 2017
This thread shows a lot of you peeps don't have a gaming PC, which reading reasons to own a Xbox thread, seems like most of you peeps do. I'm confused.
If you don't own a Xbox or a PC, deciding on going with a PC instead isn't really hard to understand. Also you been comparing each user or this that Era guy again?

aspiring

Oct 25, 2017
...So the burden of proof is on Microsoft who has nothing to do with the development of this game?

Wat
A studio they own. Yes it's not being published by them, but to think they do not know what Obsidian are doing is crazy talk.

Add the fact it's on gamepass day 1 etc shows they have obviously reached some deal with take 2, which they probably would not have done had they not owned the studio.

Kasey

Nov 1, 2017
Boise
The PS4 Pro is probably just too weak to justify them wasting extra development time on enhancements given how other games have either been 1080p or at best 1440p on the Pro.
I think it has more to do with the install base of mid gen refreshes not being worth budgeting the work. More than likely MS put up the money for Xbox One X enhancement because it wouldn't exactly look good on their part for their own first party not supporting Xbox to the full extent.

Oct 26, 2017
Amalthea
Man y'all are skipping out on a potentially good game because of resolution? That sucks but whatever, I get it. But I don't think it's worth missing out on a game because it ain't running a little better.

Little me played Guild Wars and such at 10fps at some blurry resolution back then tho so I guess I can deal with it better xD

WadeIt0ut

Oct 28, 2017
Iowa
A studio they own. Yes it's not being published by them, but to think they do not know what Obsidian are doing is crazy talk.

Add the fact it's on gamepass day 1 etc shows they have obviously reached some deal with take 2, which they probably would not have done had they not owned the studio.

Reaching a deal to have it on Gamepass doesn't mean they are blocking things from being developed by the studio. Take2 gets money having it on Gamepass.

Ploid 6.0

Oct 25, 2017
I would skip it until it's patched.

If it's good I'd most likely get it on EGS but if the good setting and enhancements were only available for the MS Store/Gamepass I'd rush through it on Gamepass and not look back.

Ringten

Nov 15, 2017
Everyone chill...
Obsidian has said multiple times that this is their first game, and the scope of it is according to that.
So most likely there were no enhancements planned at all, but then MS bought obsidian and well it only makes sense to showcase the game as well as they can as MS' new studio and part of the GamePass portfolio.

However, some sad fanboys here that are getting excited about this news and saying that the Ps4 Pro is not powerful enough for any kind of enhancements compared to a base PS4... get outta here! Salty people.

Jaded Alyx

Oct 25, 2017
Meanwhile, those waiting to pick it up on Switch are like:

TenseCommonAzurevase-size_restricted.gif

Jun 22, 2018
Everyone chill...
Obsidian has said multiple times that this is their first game, and the scope of it is according to that.
So most likely there were no enhancements planned at all, but then MS bought obsidian and well it only makes sense to showcase the game as well as they can as MS' new studio and part of the GamePass portfolio.

However, some sad fanboys here that are getting excited about this news and saying that the Ps4 Pro is not powerful enough for any kind of enhancements compared to a base PS4... get outta here! Salty people.
What do you mean this is Obsidian's first game?

BradGrenz

Banned
Oct 27, 2017

So most likely there was no survival mode planned at all, but then Sony paid big money for a marketing deal on Modern Warfare and well, it only makes sense to showcase the game as well as they can as PlayStation's major marketing partner.

Doskoi Panda

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Sony literally pays to keep entire exclusive parts of a games away from all other platforms, nobody says anything.

We get a rumor that it's Microsoft's fault there won't be a PS4 patch and every one won't buy it now hates Microsoft and F Obsidian.
It's not even a rumor, it's something the OP and others in this thread came up with, and it's just silly

Splader

Feb 12, 2018
I better see the same reactions every time Sony does something like this
You won't. At most it'll be justified by: "Well duh, there are much more PS4 Pros out there"
nothing to do with that at all. I own an Xbox One X, it's just my Pro is my main.

it's just I don't understand how one console can get it but not the other. When you apply who they are owned by, it sort of makes sense.

Uh, have you noticed that there are numerous games which have a pro patch and not an X patch? This isn't something new.
Also, so many people here are jumping to massive conclusions. Like almost every single time, the best thing to do is wait and see exactly whats up.

JJD

Oct 25, 2017
Just cements my idea of holding up until a few patches hit.

Obsidian games are great but buggy as hell, specially at launch.

Down the road if the game runs well on the Pro I won't mind the lack of enhancements, but if the game runs poorly it will sting more.

Deleted member 224

Oct 25, 2017
Even if they were both patched, the X version was always going to look significantly better than the pro version. I don't know why people think MS is somehow blocking a pro patch.

If the pro and X were swapped power wise I could see it considering the pro would then get the best console version. But the X was always going to be the best place to play on consoles.

DocH1X1

Banned
Apr 16, 2019

Troll

Banned
Nov 10, 2017
I'm wondering if maybe the game was never going to have either enhanced but since the purchase Microsoft budgeted for X enhancements

Xx 720

Nov 3, 2017
I'm getting on pc gamepass. I'm sure it will be patched for ps pro they are a small team I've heard so maybe they are limited in what they can do for launch?

jerf

Nov 1, 2017
Bummer. Game has gone from off the radar, to on the radar, to day one, to wait for reviews, to Black Friday sale in the span of about two weeks for me.
Outer Worlds 2 won't be on Playstation either.
So you're telling me I have zero incentive to get this game I want to play. Ok, skipped.

Status
Not open for further replies.