• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Deleted member 43

Account closed at user request
Banned
Oct 24, 2017
I think you probably need to reread what you were replying to because Microsoft owning Obsidian has no bearing on this topic.
Well, yeah it probably does.

If this is true, in all likelihood neither version was going to be enhanced, but because of the acquisition and the deal to add the game to Game Pass Obsidian put in the little effort enhancements take on the Xbox version, but not on the PS4.

No one is paying anyone to hinder one version of the game. They just have an interest in putting in the work on Xbox, and this is the result.

Which is understandable, but the frustrations of Pro owners are also understandable.

Puffy

Banned
Dec 15, 2017
You hear so much about developers doing their best with every platform, so when they don't it feels weird. I like obsidian, so I'll give them the benefit of doubt. I'm sure they have a good reason.

Pyro

God help us the mods are making weekend threads
Jul 30, 2018
United States
They own the IP but not this one game. Same with Insomniac and Sunset Overdrive now.

They could definitely have kicked some cash to get the enhancement done for Xbox instead of blocking off a hypothetical enhancement on pro. Not everything is a conspiracy theory.

I'm talking about a hypothetical/possibility dude, not shouting from a studio like Alex Jones or some shit. With that said...

Actually Microsoft(Obsidian) own the IP, just not publishing rights.

LOL

SeanMN

Oct 28, 2017
Far to much jumping to conclusions in here. We're done know the reason for the left of Pro enhancements. What actions of Phil Spencer have led people to believe he would push for this kind of situation?

Smh at the posts excusing this.

Nice comment right after insinuating this was done as revenge for SF5.
Is that what Phil meant when he said he was gonna make up for Street Fighter V?
This comment has zero relevance.

Oct 26, 2017
Amalthea
Yeah, it's 1080p. I think it's not X Enhanced because they seem to have just applied the 1080p res and whatnot on the X and called it a day. That's not X Enhanced because it's really not the extra work required to be X Enhanced. Bandai Namco said it's not X Enhanced, and the File Info says "false" under X Enhanced so there's definitely not the extra work done (and why it runs worse on the X).
Fair enough! Either way it's not a looker on either console lol

Edit: Well I'm kinda wrong I like how it looks. Wish they didn't use UE4, controls feel... weird.

-Le Monde-

Avenger
Dec 8, 2017
Yeah, that's no bueno!
With that said, calling 1080P muddy is some silly hyperbole.

Does the pro get some improved framerate at 1080P?

WadeIt0ut

Oct 28, 2017
Iowa
They probably just prioritized the best looking build and will release a patch later.

All of the people grabbing pitchforks is just sad.

Starlatine

533.489 paid youtubers cant be wrong
Oct 28, 2017
I'm talking about a hypothetical/possibility dude, not shouting from a studio like Alex Jones or some shit. With that said...

LOL

have you missed my response to him in the same post
insomniac owns sunset overdrive (and so do sony) but they dont own the first game. they cant take it out of pc and xbox anymore. they can rerelease it as much as they wont but that specific one the ship has sailed

defaltoption

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Austin
Sony literally pays to keep entire exclusive parts of a games away from all other platforms, nobody says anything.

We get a rumor that it's Microsoft's fault there won't be a PS4 patch and every one won't buy it now hates Microsoft and F Obsidian.

Camonna Tong

Mar 2, 2018
Any game that runs better on the X1X than on the X1/S is X enhanced. Even if they did a terrible job with the enhancements, they're still enhancements over the base version.
Bandai Namco states it's not X enhanced as well as the File Info (which can be wrong I'll admit). It's not X Enhanced in the way it's supposed to be used, or Bandai Namco's definition is not the same.

Deleted member 8593

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017

If this is true, in all likelihood neither version was going to be enhanced, but because of the acquisition and the deal to add the game to Game Pass Obsidian put in the little effort enhancements take on the Xbox version, but not on the PS4.

No one is paying anyone to hinder one version of the game. They just have an interest in putting in the work on Xbox, and this is the result.

Which is understandable, but the frustrations of Pro owners are also understandable.

It might have to do something with there being X-enhancements but the point of contention was specifically the (non-)existence of Pro-enhancements.

As in, MS might be the reason why there are X-enhancements but it is unlikely that they are the reason why there's no Pro-enhancements.

Governergrimm

Jun 25, 2019

And this.

thuway

Oct 27, 2017
Far to much jumping to conclusions in here. We're done know the reason for the left of Pro enhancements. What actions of Phil Spencer have led people to believe he would push for this kind of situation?

Nice comment right after insinuating this was done as revenge for SF5.

This comment has zero relevance.
It's a joke man.

Kalem

May 23, 2019
It may have to do with the memory available. The PS4 Pro has only 512MB more available memory vs the regular PS4 for games compared to the One X's extra 3.5GB. That's a whopping 60% more memory to play with in the X vs the Pro, not discounting the fact that it also comes with a 50% memory bandwith increase on the X vs the Pro.
If your game is memory limited, there's not much enhacement available with an extra 512MB

daybreak

Feb 28, 2018
Sony literally pays to keep entire exclusive parts of a games away from all other platforms, nobody says anything.

We get a rumor that it's Microsoft's fault there won't be a PS4 patch and every one won't buy it now hates Microsoft and F Obsidian.

Ding ding ding.

Even if the rumour is true, Microsoft could have pulled the game entirely from other consoles, but they didn't. At least it's getting a multi-platform release. It's petty, but I can't blame Microsoft for wanting another bullet point under the XB1X version of the game. At least it's a major portion of the game isn't locked under exclusivity for a year.

zedox

Oct 28, 2017
I don't understand why people are mad at this, someone has to pay for it why tf would a competitor do it. You want the best version play it on the platform the owner owns. Y'all get this is for all intents and purposes a Microsoft Exclusive series now.

i wouldn't expect Sony to do the same either, and it's not even confirmed it won't come later calm down. If you aren't going to buy the game now you probably weren't gonna buy it at all.

Stop playing console wars and play a game, god I f'ing hate fanboys
pretty much. warz are stupid...yet here we are...people saying dumb shit

Oct 25, 2017
giphy.gif

...strange. How is Minecraft? Maybe Psychonauts 2 and Minecraft Dungeons are enhanced?

Oghuz

Oct 27, 2017
That is a huge bummer. This game has to be crazy good if it wants my money now.

I still haven't bought Ace Combat 7 because of the lack of Pro support, despite me being a fan of the franchise.

Deleted member 57990

User requested account closure
Banned
Jun 18, 2019
I think it's fairly obvious that usually developers put the most effort into optimising the version of a game that's going to sell the most (i.e. the PS4 version). I get the feeling they actually put effort into getting the PS4 Pro version of games running at higher resolutions and better framerates, while with the Xbox One X version they largely just brute force it, which is why framerates are more variable and screen tearing more prevalent in Xbox One X games.

Games like Spyro Reignited Trilogy and Crash Team Racing run at the exact same res on Xbox One X as they do on the PS4 Pro. Did Activision do a deal with Sony to make this happen, or did the devs just put less effort into the Xbox version because it's the one that'll sell the least?

Anyway, I guess the point I'm making is that different devs have different priorities - with Obsidian now being owned by MS, perhaps they were asked to put a bit more effort into the Xbox One X version?

2Blackcats

Oct 26, 2017

Everybody complains about those no matter who does it.

I don't think it's got much to do with this though.

Hopefully we get a note from the devs about what's up.

Any reasonable reason at all should be enough to put out this fire.

Nameless

Oct 25, 2017
Unfortunate but whatever. Still Day 1. I'm not excited about Outer Worlds for the visuals and this isn't worth planting some principle flag over even if Phil Spencer forced Tim Cain to do this at knife point.

leng jai

Nov 2, 2017
On the bright side this could be a blessing in disguise. We've seen a fair few games that have unstable frame rate with enhanced resolution but then play much smoother when forced to 1080p in the Pro consoles.

Deleted member 43

Account closed at user request
Banned
Oct 24, 2017
Ding ding ding.

Even if the rumour is true, Microsoft could have pulled the game entirely from other consoles, but they didn't. At least it's getting a multi-platform release. It's petty, but I can't blame Microsoft for wanting another bullet point under the XB1X version of the game. At least it's a major portion of the game isn't locked under exclusivity for a year.
Again, no, not really.

Saint-14

Banned
Nov 2, 2017

There was a thread about the CoD deal? Let's not spread around false info.

WadeIt0ut

Oct 28, 2017
Iowa
There needs to be more accountability on this forum for stupidity. They will probably have a post launch Pro patch and all of the tears will be for nothing.

Jun 22, 2018
Bandai Namco states it's not X enhanced as well as the File Info (which can be wrong I'll admit). It's not X Enhanced in the way it's supposed to be used, or Bandai Namco's definition is not the same.
Looking at the Xbox list it doesn't seem to be either.

Then it must not run at different resolutions between the X and the two systems either.

Sotha_Sil

Nov 4, 2017
I think it's more likely Private Division was not going to fund any enhancements, and Microsoft chipped in a little extra for the Xbox version.

I doubt Microsoft paid to hold the PS4 version back.

Governergrimm

Jun 25, 2019

This isn't new. There have been many times where Xbox players get shafted and Era shrugs.

I completely get PS players getting irritated by this and deciding not to buy it. That's what happened to me and Destiny.

WadeIt0ut

Oct 28, 2017
Iowa
I think it's more likely Private Division was not going to fund any enhancements, and Microsoft chipped in a little extra for the Xbox version.

I doubt Microsoft paid to hold the PS4 version back.

I still bet it was just them prioritizing the best looking version for launch.

I don't know. However if the cost falls to Ms it isn't surprising they wouldn't want to absorb the cost of implement, qa, etc to add ps pro support. It's kinda lame, but also understandable.

That was more of a rhetorical question. No that would not fall to MS.

Iwao

Oct 25, 2017
The game is ultimately funded by Take-Two, a company that as far as I'm aware has never neglected the ensure that Pro/X are supported on projects under their banner. I don't buy the theory that they couldn't afford these enhancements so MS had to give the project a boost them to focus on the X. How much of the overall budget do you think it takes to patch in enhancements?

Status
Not open for further replies.