• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Dierce

Oct 27, 2017
I genuinely wanna see how much these 1 year agreements do for sales. I havent seen any numbers yet for the ones already out.

Outer Worlds especially youd think Obsidian would value the sales theyd get from multiple services but i guess the fat paycheck was too hard to resist.
I don't think it's their decision to make, Take-Two the parent publisher company, is the greedy asshole here.

Ge0force

Self-requested ban.
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Belgium
Really shame, but all of these games have been added to my ignore list. F*ck Epic for pushing store exclusivity on pc and f*ck these devs for helping them doing this.

YuriLowell

Oct 26, 2017
At least outer worlds I can buy on the Microsoft store.

Shame about control, I was looking forward to that game.

KrAzY

Sep 2, 2018
Heavy Rain, Beyond Two Souls and Detroit? Awesome since they never were on another store before the exclusivity so can't get angry at that... same with the inevitable borderlands 3... however Outerworlds? That was on steam for 2019. Yeh get fucked Epic.

stumblebee

The Fallen
Jan 22, 2018
People are so salty. I understand where you're coming from, but holy fuck.

I'm pretty happy that Epic is trying to shake up the PC gaming space. Steam has held a monopoly on PC gaming for way too long. Not to mention that being front and center on the Fortnite Launcher along with a dev-friendly revenue split will boost this game's sales and revenue by a bunch.

NitX

Lead Developer
Verified
Aug 20, 2018
Developers who deliberately mischaracterize some of their consumers to defend Epic

I feel for you

And consumers are not mischaracterizing developers ? I see quite a bunch of greedy developers comments here. Yes the developers are looking for money because you know they have a studio to run, people to pay. The Epic deals are too good to pass on. And its not like they are asking you to pay more or there is any other barrier of entry to EGS other than downloading a client.

xch1n

Oct 27, 2017
I just want everyone to know, this is my fault. I started getting back into PC gaming and this is what happens. I'm sorry. I'll go back to console to make it stop.

KoolAid

Oct 25, 2017
And consumers are not mischaracterizing developers ? I see quite a bunch of greedy developers comments here. Yes the developers are looking for money because you know they have a studio to run, people to pay. The Epic deals are too good to pass on. And its not like they are asking you to pay more or there is any other barrier of entry to EGS other than downloading a client.
there it is

Static

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I am not really following, Devs getting much bigger cut and extra money makes somehow EGS bad?
Paid exclusivity is exclusively a negative for consumers. The "extra money" isn't just extra money for nothing, it's extra money paid to do something that makes the platform suck for the people who play on it.

Frozenprince

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Spellbreak was one of the few BR titles I thought would be able to break through. It certainly wont if its going to not be on steam.

That sucks. I liked what I played a lot.

Jan 16, 2019
Oh fuck! They got Control!!! Damn, you hit me good Epic lmao. Idk how the Epic Store will play out feature-wise so I'm a little hesitant to get it there rather than Steam. Plus my library is Steam.

GG Epic.

Question, yall think when Epic pays these exclusivity contracts upfront, do the devs still get their individual splits per sale? Or since Epic prob cuts a fat check, they take the whole sale until an agreed date?
They get paid upfront

CloseTalker

Oct 25, 2017
Careful, empathetic reason doesn't work well in these threads

Jawmuncher

Crisis Dino
Oct 25, 2017
Ibis Island

Some people would argue the lack of features are a barrier to entry. Especially those that help disabled gamers on the PC platform.

Bushido

Senior Game Designer
Verified
Feb 6, 2018
Yager just announced that their new game The Cycle is also coming to the Epic Games Store.

Reinhard

Oct 27, 2017
The fact that Metro Exodus sold 2.5 times better than Metro Last Light on Steam shows they don't.
How many of the 2.5x copies were Steam preorders? It made the number 1 best seller on Steam when it was announced that the game was being removed from Steam but preorders still honored so it was the last chance to buy there. Epic conveniently leaves all the details out.

Umbrella Carp

Banned
Jan 16, 2019

I've seen the pricing on the EGS. This is simply untrue.

Aeferis

Oct 25, 2017
Italy
Not really mad, just extremely disappointed by Remedy and The Outer Worlds. I was also looking forward to Industries of Titan but at least I can remotely get their point, since they're a small indie team.

I'm not 12 though so a single year doesn't look like two billion years anymore. I can wait.

Last edited:

Alucrid

Chicken Photographer
Oct 25, 2017
gonna be interesting a few years down the line to see if they hedged their bets correctly. well maybe not for obsidian since they're already bought by microsoft.

Deleted member 42

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 24, 2017
Not only is this shit not going away it's gonna ramp up
Based on the sample sizes the devs have for Metro/Division 2 it clearly works

Deleted member 2317

User-requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
The wait for a GOTY edition of Outer Worlds just got that much easier.

qeDqqPjG4Y-8.png

Armaros

Oct 25, 2017

You mean the multi million dollar publishers gstring fat checks for a plateform war?

And are you going to sit there and repeat that tired 'just download' argument with the state of EGS features and how they invade people's privacy?

Oh wait you are a developer, so that doesnt matter to you does it? You aren't doing a very good job championing the Epic store here.