• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

NitX

Lead Developer
Verified
Aug 20, 2018
User warned: antagonistic/drive-by trolling
Storefront fanboys .. I feel for you.

Edit : In hindsight this was a pretty dick post but not going to edit because I gotta own it.

Last edited:

Yukinari

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
The Danger Zone
I genuinely wanna see how much these 1 year agreements do for sales. I havent seen any numbers yet for the ones already out.

Outer Worlds especially youd think Obsidian would value the sales theyd get from multiple services but i guess the fat paycheck was too hard to resist.

Xiofire

Prophet of Regret
Oct 27, 2017
OK, so why doesnt Steam just lower their percentage to what Epic is charging?

Because, if other games are to be taken as an example, Epic are both giving the better cut AND paying them to be a year exclusive.

I was all in on Control, but I guess now it can wait. God damn it Remedy. Read the room!

bsigg

Oct 25, 2017
Completely and utterly fuck Epic and fuck Obsidian

This has nothing to do with Obsidian. The Private Division is publishing the game.

God damn it Remedy. Read the room!

They are, which is why they took the money lol one of the most popular games in the world runs exclusively through the Epic Games Store. Getting front and center placement at launch because now that deal as well as a fat sack of cash doesn't sound bad to me.

Gundam

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Oh yeah...forgot about that acquisition. No wonder The Outer World isn't coming to Steam...

That doesn't make as much sense as you might think, given Ori and Halo on Steam, and now Cuphead on switch.

Has more to do with The Outer Worlds publisher, which isn't Microsoft. They own the IP and will publish any sequel, but The Outer Worlds deal is still under the same publisher it was before the acquisition.

RionaaM

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
This is awful. Just went ahead and put all of these games that have Steam pages on ignore. It's a shame, but I had to remove Control and Outer Worlds from my wishlist since I refuse to support this shit.

DSP

Oct 25, 2017
https://www.apnews.com/Business Wire/b8e9b5975d434193b7932caa09d07924

this is the press release.

• Following the successful launch of Tom Clancy's The Division 2 on the Epic Games store, Ubisoft and the Epic Games store announced an extension to their agreement that will bring several major PC releases to the store in partnership with their Uplay division. Details will be revealed in the future by Ubisoft.
  • Additional back catalog titles from Ubisoft are confirmed for Epic's free games program.

Free ubisoft games!!!1111

CloseTalker

Oct 25, 2017
Because, if other games are to be taken as an example, Epic are both giving the better cut AND paying them to be a year exclusive.

I was all in on Control, but I guess now it can wait. God damn it Remedy. Read the room!

That's the rub. Era is super not indicative of the room. There's no real evidence to show that PC players at large care either way

Schierke Mori

Oct 28, 2017
In the presentation, speaker noted Metro Exodus sold 2.5x the copies when compared to Last Light. Worthy mention. Don't know if they mean lifetime to date or what.

Armaros

Oct 25, 2017
OK, so why doesnt Steam just lower their percentage to what Epic is charging?

How does that stop companies from getting paid to go away form Steam?

And why doesn't Ubisoft care about the EGS when they can take 100% form their own store?

Hint:it has nothing to do with the revenue cut and everything to do with upfront money.

Carbon

Deploying the stealth Cruise Missile
Oct 27, 2017
Money hats. Money hats everywhere.

I was so looking forward to both Outer Worlds and Control too. Can't support Epic's anti-consumer shenanigans though.

water_wendi

Oct 25, 2017

• Following the successful launch of Tom Clancy's The Division 2 on the Epic Games store, Ubisoft and the Epic Games store announced an extension to their agreement that will bring several major PC releases to the store in partnership with their Uplay division. Details will be revealed in the future by Ubisoft.
  • Additional back catalog titles from Ubisoft are confirmed for Epic's free games program.
Well i guess that settles the whole "games arent selling on Epic" idea. Would be nice to have numbers though.

timmbp

Oct 25, 2017

Industries of Titan will launch in Early Access exclusively on the Epic Games Store! Epic's support allows us to grow our team & make Industries of Titan the best it can be! We plan to 1.0 a year later on both Epic Games Store & Steam.

Wanderer5

Prophet of Truth
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Somewhere.

Free ubisoft games!!!1111

Duxxy3

Oct 27, 2017
USA
The only one that hurts, for me, is Control. Don't know if it hurts enough to buy it on EGS though. Probably not.

Also, Valve needs to get their shit together and quickly.

DigitalOp

Nov 16, 2017
Oh fuck! They got Control!!! Damn, you hit me good Epic lmao. Idk how the Epic Store will play out feature-wise so I'm a little hesitant to get it there rather than Steam. Plus my library is Steam.

GG Epic.

Question, yall think when Epic pays these exclusivity contracts upfront, do the devs still get their individual splits per sale? Or since Epic prob cuts a fat check, they take the whole sale until an agreed date?

illamap

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
I am not really following, Devs getting much bigger cut and extra money makes somehow EGS bad?

Deleted member 8593

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Epic keeps trying to push me away from PC gaming.
yawn3.png