• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Instro

Oct 25, 2017
People are going to be big mad about Outer Worlds. Presumably it was a publisher decision, considering Obsidian no longer has to worry about money.

That's a tough one to resist for Steam or bust folks I imagine though.

Durante

Dark Souls Man
Oct 24, 2017
I wanted to play Control and The Outer Worlds this year, but I guess I won't.

(Which probably also means I'll never play Control, it's not that important to me)

vestan

#REFANTAZIO SWEEP
Dec 28, 2017

BrutalInsane

Banned
Nov 2, 2017
The Outer Worlds is not even coming to Steam...damn...I guess I will choose the lesser of the 2 evils for The Outer Worlds then, EGS...but I am not happy about it! Steam has so much functionality and years of proven stability and performance. EGS has none of that!

I think they're saying that you can buy TOW from both EGS and the Windows Store for the year after launch, THEN its available on Steam, no? It's Epic's moneyhat?

alosarjos

Oct 27, 2017
So... Epic did not simply paid for exclusiveness, it pay just so it doens't launch on Steam specifically?

WillyFive

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Fans should be excited for Outer Worlds no matter what launcher pops up when you click its icon.

Reinhard

Oct 27, 2017
More games to remove from my wishlist and never purchase, thanks for the wallet savings! Maybe I'll pick them up in a Steam sale 4 years down the road for $5 each.

Niosai

One Winged Slayer
Oct 28, 2017
This news doesn't bother me in the slightest. I'm looking forward to playing it day 1.

water_wendi

Oct 25, 2017
The Outer Worlds is not even coming to Steam...damn...I guess I will choose the lesser of the 2 evils for The Outer Worlds then, EGS...but I am not happy about it! Steam has so much functionality and years of proven stability and performance. EGS has none of that!
Obsidian clarified that it will come to Steam and everywhere else after a year.

NotLiquid

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Boy howdy uh

Epic Games (and W10 I guess) exclusivity for The Outer Worlds is probably the one game that's going to set off the PC community the most

Wanderer5

Prophet of Truth
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Somewhere.

I don't think that means it isn't ever coming to steam (the steam page got updated to 2020 apparently).

Kayant

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Shame about control well that's one less game to think about for now.
Backed by its generous revenue split and Epic's strong relationships within the games industry, the fledgling Epic Games Store
I wonder when the gamepress will start calling these deals what they truly are - Moneyhats...

RCSI

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
So, The Outer Worlds is releasing next year for me then. An additional year of updates will make the experience that much better.

Exis

Oct 25, 2017
OK, so why doesnt Steam just lower their percentage to what Epic is charging?

Admiral Woofington

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Take two: launching exclusively on epic is not the smart thing to do. You go where consumers are.

*Money bags get thrown at them*

Also Take Two: whaaaaat I didn't say that pssssh you cray

Armaros

Oct 25, 2017
I think they're saying that you can buy TOW from both EGS and the Windows Store for the year after launch, THEN its available on Steam, no? It's Epic's moneyhat?

Microsoft just announced their biggest IP on Steam.

And you think it's not an epic money hat?

When every game by Private Division is going Away from Steam?

FHIZ

Oct 28, 2017
Well, I'll still play some of these games ::shrug:: let you all know how it goes.