• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

JustinH

Oct 27, 2017
If they somehow could manage cross-progression or even cross-saves between this port and the PC/XOne versions, that could be a nifty reason to double dip.
Man, cross saves for this game would be perfect and I think it would be a great way to convince people to double-dip so they can just continue their progress whenever they leave the house (I guess xcloud existing soon might make it less relevant though? I haven't thought of it much yet...).
It's an Obsidian RPG game, so getting it on any console seems like a bad idea when a PC version with fan bug patches exist, but dang, I might consider it on Switch.
ehh... When they announced it, didn't they say they've already been working on it for a couple years? I mean, isn't that already more time than they got with New Vegas and KotOR 2?

Woffls

Nov 25, 2017
London
Damn that's cool, though it will be another game I want Switch in addition to PC >_<

I'm sure Outer Wilds will also make it to Switch. Incredible game, that.

Wamb0wneD

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Woah that's cool. Let's hope for a good port. I appreciate any company that doesn't tell their fanbase to beg for Switch ports on Twitter and instead just goes for it.

Governergrimm

Jun 25, 2019
Cuphead... Hellblade... New Lucky's Tale... And now it's The Outer Wilds. Wonder when will we see directly MS owned franchises on Switch?

I'm definitely getting this. In fact if like to support the devs by buying Pillars of Eternity next week (where the hell is the sequel?).
No telling but all of those had switch ports in progress or are IP's that MS doesn't own. MS just didn't try to stop them

Deleted member 8593

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Not necessarily the way I'd want to play this but Virtuos has also done some good work on Switch. Dark Souls was a bit shoddy but Starlink and FFXII were pretty good.

Massicot

RPG Site
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
United States
They are. Pillars 1 and 2 are already announced as coming to the Switch.

No news if touch input is supported though.

A little bit off topic, but just FYI, I've been told Pillars 1 on Switch does not support touchscreen. I'm not sure if this is because Versus Evil is just porting the work Paradox already did for the PS4/XBO version of Pillars 1, or what.

I don't know about Pillars 2, but they've been silent on that front for a good while outside of a tweet here or there saying it's coming. Since the Switch version is being developed concurrently with the PS4/XBO version there, maybe it's more likely.

Deleted member 51691

User requested account closure
Banned
Jan 6, 2019
Thanks, Phil! Virtuos is the port house behind the excellent Switch version of Starlink, so I have faith that this won't be a bad port. I was planning on waiting a year anyway because of the whole EGS thing, so might as well wait to see how the Switch port turns out.

ILikeFeet

DF Deet Master
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Starlink was made with the Switch in mind from teh start, so I can't be surprised that the switch version ran well. this is more up in the air though

metsallica

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
That's really cool, I had no interest in this game until this announcement. Wonder if Bethesda has given any thought to porting the Fallout games. I'd love to finally finish Fallout 3 during my commute!

HylianSeven

Shin Megami TC - Community Resetter
Oct 25, 2017
Yeah true dat. I thought those Bethesda games had trouble on ps3 in the past? Something about save files getting too large and corrupted once you've moved too much shit around the world. I don't rmb the exact situation.
Yeah, they did, but also Skyrim is on Switch and I'm pretty sure it had some of the same problems on other consoles.

Bit_Reactor

Banned
Apr 9, 2019
Hell yes. That saves me getting it on PC. Yes please. More meaty story/rpgs/etc on the Switch for me to lose tons of hours in.

Skittzo

Oct 25, 2017
Release date for the other versions is October 25th, so since it isn't day and date, a 2019 date is not very likely.

Someone earlier in the thread claimed Nintendo's website listed a 2019 launch. I haven't found that listing yet on the NA site to verify but it might be on another one.

Ultimadrago

Oct 25, 2017
No way I'm playing Outer Worlds on the Switch. I already assume an Obsidian RPG will run poorly on PC, much less. It's good to hear it announced though simply so Obsidian can try to get a foothold of more potential customers on a different platform. It will also be the closest thing to Fallout on the Switch (and everywhere else recently) as well!

kung-fu-owl

Alt account
Banned
Jul 27, 2019
This is a PC game as far I'm concerned and that's where I'll play it first.

That said, I could definitely see myself double dipping on Switch if the performance is good.

Shoichi

Jan 10, 2018
I'm in for a portable Fallout-like experience on the Switch.

Surprised and glad they announced it