• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

jerfdr

Dec 14, 2017
I used to be extremely hyped (especially due to Tim Cain and Leonard Boyarsky's involvement), but only until the Epic Store exclusivity announcement. Now I'll have to pass on this game, I can't support this exclusivity bullshit with my money. I'll never buy any game moneyhatted by Epic or anyone else in such a blatant way.

Sir Hound

Oct 28, 2017
Tempted to wait for the Switch version but yeah this looks great. Feels not that long since it was revealed though

fontguy

Avenger
Oct 8, 2018
The muddy color palette makes the environments look totally dead and joyless. And the slow motion thing feels like a really weak replacement for VATS. I'm bummed that I'm not feeling it.

OozeMan

Feb 21, 2018
I feel it might not be as well-received in this day and age as Fallout 3/New Vegas were back when they released.

While I'm perfectly fine with what's been shown so far, it might not sit too well with the new generation of gamers (and probably reviewers as well). It feels a bit too "ancient" in terms of game design......

Umbrella Carp

Banned
Jan 16, 2019
After how garbage 2019 has been for games, the tepid hype on display for this on Era is frankly a huge surprise to me. It's a FPSRPG from Obsidian. Yes it's gonna have bugs, but chances are it's also gonna be a very good game.

mrglcs

Oct 25, 2017
Germany
Super hyped to play it on Game Pass. Unfortunately I won't be at home that weekend, so the wait will be even longer.. cruel world :(

ara

Oct 26, 2017
New Vegas is one of my all-time favorites so I'm obviously hyped, but I would be much more hyped if Disco Elysium wasn't out in a few days.

Mett

Oct 29, 2017
Would love to play it, but just dont have the funds for it till after the holidays, looks great though!

Ghostie

Self-requested ban
Banned
Oct 5, 2019
I like what I see, but I need to know if Oxhorn is going to do lore for it.

Carbon

Deploying the stealth Cruise Missile
Oct 27, 2017
I will be game passing the shit out of Outer Worlds once it comes out. And if it is great (oh please be great), I'll buy it again on Steam once it's on there.

matrix-cat

Oct 27, 2017
I'm hoyped!

This game just happens to coincide with the new PC I'm putting together, my first full upgrade since 2012, so I'm excited for this to be the first game I play on it. And on Game Pass, too!

christocolus

Oct 27, 2017
Edit. Just saw your other posts.

You could just buy an Xbox if you wanted to but choose not to because reasons and don't want to spend any money having a PC that can run it anyway.

So mental gymnastics 101 to get around the fact that you really just wanted to say "I hate Xbox"
He has posted similar comments about Double Fine and their games going forward. Lol

kostacurtas

Oct 27, 2017
I wanted to play the game but the announcement for the PC version of Red Dead Redemption 2 happened so maybe I will try it at a later date.

Wag

Nov 3, 2017
I've got it pre-loaded on my PC. I really hate the Gamepass platform- a lot of the games I've tried have been a buggy mess. I couldn't even get Gears 4/5 to run.

Tetrinski

Banned
May 17, 2018
Obsidian basically got screwed over and over again by publishers who didn't respect them. I'm not surprised they never took off the way they should have when they had partners like Bethesda and BioWare deliberately kicking their legs out from underneath them.
They also had commercial failures like Alpha Protocol and never built a store like CDPR did. You are comparing them with a very exceptional case.

Messofanego

Oct 25, 2017
UK
I'm more hyped for Disco Elysium in terms of dialogue and story heavy RPGs go. Plus, aesthetically this doesn't look appealing nor does the shooting look any good.

Foxnull

Alt-Account
Banned
May 30, 2019
I LOVE Fallout New Vegas, but from what I've seen of this game, it doesn't look too similar nor promising. It's not open world, looks really bad technically, gameplay didn't look fun as well... I'm worried. Wanted to support this Day 1, but I'm not too sure anymore.

Deleted member 46948

Account closed at user request
Banned
Aug 22, 2018
I'm lukewarm on the preview and gameplay videos, but then again, it's 2 of the 3 Troika people. Will definitely play it on Game Pass day one.

coldsagging

Oct 27, 2017
Havent heard of Disco Elysium before reading this page. Had a bit of a look, man it looks great.

Another one to tide me over until Death Stranding.

Oct 27, 2017
Knowing Obsidian it will probably be buggy as hell at launch so I will wait for impressions.

I used to be extremely hyped (especially due to Tim Cain and Leonard Boyarsky's involvement), but only until the Epic Store exclusivity announcement. Now I'll have to pass on this game, I can't support this exclusivity bullshit with my money. I'll never buy any game moneyhatted by Epic or anyone else in such a blatant way.

At least theres still the Switch version to bypass that.

DPB

Nov 1, 2017
TOW is lead by the original Fallout creators, and it's not like New Vegas was written by one person.

I think we'll see tons of genius writing, just like every Obsidian project.

You're right that it wasn't written by one person, but this isn't the same Obsidian as 2010. Looking at the credits, the only writer from that team who still works at Obsidian is Josh Sawyer, and he wasn't involved with this.

I'm sure it'll be good, but I don't think it'll be New Vegas 2.

Electro

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Vienna
Love sci fi games but I am not convinced from the gameplay videos what I saw.
And probably the game will have lots of bugs....

Maybe next year in a sale.

Alastor3

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Their rapid fire questions video was the bomb.

But it's Obsidian we are talking, you have to buy the game 6 months from now with some of he gamebreaking bugs corrected that will be filled in release

iFirez

Oct 25, 2017
England
I'm super excited :) I've got the OT all ready to go for ~the 23rd.

Talking about the OT... who wants to vote on the title for the OT? I let a bunch of people suggest some and threw my own into the mix too so have at it awesome ERA members... VOTE AWAY! https://www.strawpoll.me/18782276

Bunga

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Is this party based or is it more like Fallout companions who are just NPCs with you that you don't have to level up etc? Or is it like Mass Effect where they level and you gear them etc?

Kasey

Nov 1, 2017
Boise
You're right that it wasn't written by one person, but this isn't the same Obsidian as 2010. Looking at the credits, the only writer from that team who still works at Obsidian is Josh Sawyer, and he wasn't involved with this.

I'm sure it'll be good, but I don't think it'll be New Vegas 2.
It could be better, could be worse. Again, they have two of the most legendary RPG designers of all time in Sawyer's role, and new writers in place of people like John Gonzales, who by the way went on to write Horizon Zero Dawn which isn't really known for it's story or writing.

OP
OP
Proven

Proven

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
I'm super excited :) I've got the OT all ready to go for ~the 23rd.

Talking about the OT... who wants to vote on the title for the OT? I let a bunch of people suggest some and threw my own into the mix too so have at it awesome ERA members... VOTE AWAY! https://www.strawpoll.me/18782276

awesome! Any idea when the embargo for the game is up? I've been trying to find it but I haven't seen anything

Prine

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Think the game looks undercooked, feels like it needs 6 months of polishing.

JoeNut

Oct 27, 2017
UK
Nah, if this game was coming out 5 years ago maybe, but it just looks like they haven't even tried to change anything from what is now an old fashioned formula. I'm sure it'll be good but when we're so close to next gen and they're making a game that looks exactly like the game they made on ps3, it's hard for me to be hyped

Earthed

Banned
Sep 26, 2019
This and Disco Elysium are definitely on my radar. If both turn out great, it's gonna be a good couple week for me RPG-wise.

Fezan

Oct 26, 2017
One thing I want to add is that right now I am playing Destiny 2 and compared to that third feels very generic. I am bit talking about graphics I am talking about art direction. A game in space looking generic is the least thing I expected from obsidian

marimo

Oct 25, 2017
I'm cautiously hyped. I haven't really been paying much attention to this game so I don't know a lot about it, but I have enjoyed pretty much every Obsidian game I've played so far.

It could be better, could be worse. Again, they have two of the most legendary RPG designers of all time in Sawyer's role, and new writers in place of people like John Gonzales, who by the way went on to write Horizon Zero Dawn which isn't really known for it's story or writing.
HZD won the WGA award for its writing though? And Pillars 2 got nominated for the same award in its release year. I don't know who exactly is writing The Outer Worlds but I assume some of the Deadfire team are on it.

Magoo

Oct 28, 2017
UK
I'm looking forward to it. Not had anything to play for a while and I've got it first in my Boomerang rental list so hopefully I'll get it for launch. I've got a free month too so that's a nice bonus.

Edit. Just saw your other posts.

You could just buy an Xbox if you wanted to but choose not to because reasons and don't want to spend any money having a PC that can run it anyway.

So mental gymnastics 101 to get around the fact that you really just wanted to say "I hate Xbox"

PlanetSmasher hates everything, it isn't confined to one thing. Sony games that aren't a JRPG get the same reaction. Just read the comments and picture Droopy the dog. It helps.

Anddo

Oct 28, 2017
Hyped!

I canceled my GMG order when I realized this was coming to game pass (PC)
Between Gears 5, Outer Worlds and Slay The Spire game pass has already paid for itself.

Bigwombat

Banned
Nov 30, 2018
Very excited. Kept getting outer wilds and worlds confused but since worlds is coming out the 15th on ps I'll get that first. Still got control to finish and try out farm simulation 19 before I send it back to the library.

Very hype. Looks like a lot of fun