• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Predict METACRITIC SCORE

• 90-100 (Best Obsidian game yet)

Votes: 67 4.5%
  • 80-89 (Just as good as PoE, PoEII, Fallout New Vegas, South Park, KOTOR 2)

Votes: 1,018 68.6%
  • 70-79 ( It's good, but not good enough, well Alpha Protocol is a good game but scored in this rang)

Votes: 384 25.9%
  • 60-69 ( Worst Obsidian game ever made)

Votes: 8 0.5%
  • 59 or lower (Complete disaster)

Votes: 8 0.5%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Breqesk

Oct 28, 2017
Mid eighties, probably. It's the classic Obsidian range.

I am firmly of the opinion that a good Obsidian 8~ beats most 90+ games by a decent margin.

eathdemon

Oct 27, 2017
I think it will be like other obsidan games. aka a dimond in the rough. kotor 2 is one of my favorite rpgs, but its definitely flawed before the restore patch. obsidain as a dev always feels like a studio that if they had 6 months longer on their games, they would be 90+ on reviews. as is, they are well regarded rpgs for more core rpg players.

Vault

â–˛ Legend â–˛
Oct 25, 2017
Low 80s

Obsidian games never get a pass for technical problems like Bethesda seem to

Carbon

Deploying the stealth Cruise Missile
Oct 27, 2017
Hope springs eternal, but man I would be shocked if it cracks the 90s. These days getting a 90+ is really hard in the $60 range unless you're dumping oodles of money into polish and "content".

That said, with a bit of Microsoft dosh backing them up and a good ramp up for development next-gen, I could see their followup being a 90+ juggernaut.

Dark Knight

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Hope springs eternal, but man I would be shocked if it cracks the 90s. These days getting a 90+ is really hard in the $60 range unless you're dumping oodles of money into polish and "content".

That said, with a bit of Microsoft dosh backing them up and a good ramp up for development next-gen, I could see their followup being a 90+ juggernaut.
I think that its merit being measured in the context of strong nostalgia for Obsidian Fallout could work in its favor, if it successfully brings us back to a time when rich world-building, addictive combat and shooter RPG elements, and branching quest lines meant something. But I am an optimist. Either way I think it will be at least pretty good, so 70-80 would definitely be a safer bet.

CandySTX

Mar 17, 2018
Scotland
High 70 / Low 80.
Can imagine another Alpha Protocol/New Vegas situation. Majority of critics find the edges too rough, but it'll grow a following in time.

Fingers crossed it comes out the gate strong and is deserving of high praise, though!

ToddBonzalez

The Pyramids? That's nothing compared to RDR2
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
83-86. Probably a good game that will got knocked down a bit for lack of polish/ lack of content.

JohnF

Jan 19, 2019
Surprisingly, a person I know who played the game said he ran into only one major bug the whole game, with virtually no other bugs to even speak of. He wasn't wildly enamored with the game itself though.

Massicot

RPG Site
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
United States
I feel like some players (and critics too) won't take well to the more limited scope of the game (I wonder how many people still think it's open world), while others won't be able to see past the dated presentation aspects. I think it will be a high 70s sort of game with some really neat ideas while also carrying a fair slew of obvious weaknesses.

(I am not reviewing the game and haven't played it btw, this is my personal hunch based on publically available preview footage and impressions)

SRTtoZ

Dec 8, 2017
70's/80's. I expect them to say its a good fun RPG but feels like its a bit dated and stuck in time.

eathdemon

Oct 27, 2017
I feel like some players (and critics too) won't take well to the more limited scope of the game (I wonder how many people still think it's open world), while others won't be able to see past the dated presentation aspects. I think it will be a high 70s sort of game with some really neat ideas while also carrying a fair slew of obvious weaknesses.

(I am not reviewing the game and haven't played it btw, this is my personal hunch based on publically available preview footage and impressions)
everything I have seen seems to imply a kotor 2/new vegas hybrid. if thats the case, I am 100% all in. but hey kotor 2, even before the content restore fan patch, was one of my all time favrite rpgs. I will take a diamond in the rough, over a polished snore fest any day of the week.

Welfare

Prophet of Truth - You’re my Numberwall
Oct 26, 2017
I'm hoping it can score at least an 80. Anything above that is a bonus.

Expecting the lowest to be a 75.

nib95

Contains No Misinformation on Philly Cheesesteaks
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
You've picked a bit of a wide band of score possibilities. Should have instead seperated choices in to 0.5 point increments. In any case, I'm thinking low 80's to high 70's.

Unicorn

One Winged Slayer
Oct 29, 2017
Guessed in the 70s,but honestly I don't think I'd like this. Seems toothless even compared to FO games.

Jawmuncher

Crisis Dino
Oct 25, 2017
Ibis Island

It's not open world? That's a selling point for me lol.

Carbon

Deploying the stealth Cruise Missile
Oct 27, 2017

No matter how loudly Obsidian screams "BUDGET! BUDGET", once they attached "from the makers of Fallout" to the marketing, that is what many people will expect. Because the majority of people who know about Fallout know it from 3 onward, and many people are desperate for another Bethesda-like open world game.

Massicot

RPG Site
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
United States
No matter how loudly Obsidian screams "BUDGET! BUDGET", once they attached "from the makers of Fallout" to the marketing, that is what many people will expect. Because the majority of people who know about Fallout know it from 3 onward, and many people are desperate for another Bethesda-like open world game.

Yea, I'm with you. They should have leaned more into "Original Creators of Fallout" and less "Remember Fallout New Vegas?" maybe..

IIFloodyII

Oct 26, 2017
Low 80s, seems to be common this year. Mostly interested in the performance on base console. I know I'll like the game, New Vegas is a all-time favorite of mine, so it's even half as good it'd still be great, but I'm being very strict on what I play this gen or wait for next now.

Status
Not open for further replies.