• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Rösti

Oct 25, 2017
Would the usual E3 | General Information & FAQ thread be of interest? If so I can post it over the weekend in time for the Pre-E3 Media Days (June 7-11).

OP
OP
TheMoon

TheMoon

|OT|
Oct 25, 2017
Video Games
I was thinking just E3 but I can of course add a section for Summer Game Fest as well.
just an idea but maybe check in with the other users doing the OTs for the events surrounding the week, maybe you could all have some connections/shared schedule and links to each other's threads since all of this is one big event blob that is partially overlapping.

Rösti

Oct 25, 2017
just an idea but maybe check in with the other users doing the OTs for the events surrounding the week, maybe you could all have some connections/shared schedule and links to each other's threads since all of this is one big event blob that is partially overlapping.
Certainly. I usually include links to all threads concerning E3.

OP
OP
TheMoon

TheMoon

|OT|
Oct 25, 2017
Video Games
Ok, I never did one of those but no one claimed it so why not.

Summer Game Fest 2021 KickOff Live Event by Uzupedro (May 29th, 2021)
June 10th, 2021

(I think I didn't screw up here)
Please do not claim threads again and then request a self-ban which then means you won't be around to create the actual thread without notice. The whole bit about this being a commitment is in the OP for a reason.

Rösti

Oct 25, 2017
I thought about the matter of the E3 General Information & FAQ thread and concluded that it may be superfluous due to stealthyfrog's Summer Gaming Events 2021 Megathread. I also have some work that takes away time for me to put a thread together, thus I won't create the thread this year. I think the threads already in place will do just fine. If anyone needs logo files for threads on the various presentations (Nintendo Direct etc.) however, send me a DM. I've got various files.

Nachos

Oct 26, 2017
The Great Ace Attorney: Chronicles by Nachos (June 12, 2021)
July 27, 2021

It's been years since I've done an OT, and I've never done one on the new site. It'll be fun to make one for old time's sake.
Unfortunately, I'll have to give up on this one. It turns out that these next few months are going to be really busy for me, and I'm not even sure how many video games I'll be able to play, much less make OTs for.

Jawmuncher

Crisis Dino
Oct 25, 2017
Ibis Island
Monster Hunter Stories 2 by Jawmuncher
July 9th
The World Ends With You: Neo by Jawmuncher
July 27th

I'll handle these 2 as no one else has claimed them and I don't want another repeat of Final Fantasy VIIR Integrade

Unfortunately, I'll have to give up on this one. It turns out that these next few months are going to be really busy for me, and I'm not even sure how many video games I'll be able to play, much less make OTs for.

I'll cover this, though my OTs aren't as elaborate as others (Though they contain all needed info and are nicely structured). Thus

If someone else feels they can make a more elaborate OT, just let me know and you can make it instead.

That goes The World Ends With You

Last edited:
OP
OP
TheMoon

TheMoon

|OT|
Oct 25, 2017
Video Games
what's happening with several big titles not getting OTs these days until the last minute? are people too intimidated by professional designers making highly involved graphics? is the process too convoluted? do they just all assume someone else is doing it already? is "reading the op" too big an ask for someone who wants to make one themselves for others to read?

always surprises me.

you'd think at least NeoTWEWY would have hardcore fans chomping at the bits to make one

Jawmuncher

Crisis Dino
Oct 25, 2017
Ibis Island
what's happening with several big titles not getting OTs these days until the last minute? are people too intimidated by professional designers making highly involved graphics? is the process too convoluted? do they just all assume someone else is doing it already? is "reading the op" too big an ask for someone who wants to make one themselves for others to read?

always surprises me.

you'd think at least NeoTWEWY would have hardcore fans chomping at the bits to make one

I'm unsure as well, has been rather odd to see. Might need to make a reminder thread about it later (Even though this is pinned lol).

Moogle

Top Mog
Oct 27, 2017
The Great Ace Attorney: Chronicles by Jawmuncher
July 27th

If someone else feels they can make a more elaborate OT, just let me know and you can make it instead.

That goes for Ace Attorney or The World Ends With You

may I get this one, Jaw...? I already started saving images yesterday after seeing the dropped claim and forgot to yoink it here 😟
edit: I saw you pinged GSR in the AA community thread, if he wants it give it to him first lol

Jawmuncher

Crisis Dino
Oct 25, 2017
Ibis Island
may I get this one, Jaw...? I already started saving images yesterday after seeing the dropped claim and forgot to yoink it here 😟
edit: I saw you pinged GSR in the AA community thread, if he wants it give it to him first lol

You can have it. Just let moon know. GSR can collab with you if he wants as they never replied.

PJTierney

Social Media Manager • EA SPORTS WRC
Verified
Mar 28, 2021
Warwick, UK
Just curious about something regarding OTs.

I notice some are posted in Gaming Forum and some are in Gaming Hangouts. What's the reasoning for choosing one area over another?

OP
OP
TheMoon

TheMoon

|OT|
Oct 25, 2017
Video Games
Just curious about something regarding OTs.

I notice some are posted in Gaming Forum and some are in Gaming Hangouts. What's the reasoning for choosing one area over another?
there's no choice involved.

OTs go into "gaming" and all of them get moved to hangouts after one month has passed (afaik this happens manually so some low-profile OTs may slip through the cracks)

PJTierney

Social Media Manager • EA SPORTS WRC
Verified
Mar 28, 2021
Warwick, UK
Okay, sounds good 🙂

If anyone is making one for F1 2021 ping me and I'll see if I can help with setting it up.