• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

vestan

#REFANTAZIO SWEEP
Dec 28, 2017
I will be rescinding my claims on the following OTs, they're up for grabs
  • PlayStation 5
  • Mafia: Definitive Edition
iFirez will be handling the Ghost of Tsushima OT instead of me

Last edited:

Dee Dee

Nov 2, 2017
Death Come True by Dee Dee (June 21st, 2020)
June 25th, 2020 (global release)

I know I already claimed the OT for Brigandine on the same day, but it's not my fault 3 of my favourite Japanese Voice Actors are in two games that come out in the same day.
I have the week off, so I'm confident I can work on both. If anyone wants to help or take over, I'll part with them of course. Just really want to highlight these games, I'll definitely be playing both.

purseowner

From the mirror universe
Oct 25, 2017
UK
Death Come True by Dee Dee (June 21st, 2020)
June 25th, 2020 (global release)

I know I already claimed the OT for Brigandine on the same day, but it's not my fault 3 of my favourite Japanese Voice Actors are in two games that come out in the same day.
I have the week off, so I'm confident I can work on both. If anyone wants to help or take over, I'll part with them of course. Just really want to highlight these games, I'll definitely be playing both.

Came here to claim this - pleased to see it already covered. Concerned this one's going to slip under the radar rather.

Radec

Oct 26, 2017
We can't claim an OT unless there's a release date right?

Been itching to make one after years stopping. Been eying for Horizon 2, but that's gonna be 2021 the least.

OP
OP
TheMoon

TheMoon

|OT|
Oct 25, 2017
Video Games
We can't claim an OT unless there's a release date right?

there is only one way to find out :P
screenshot_2020-06-2938k7n.png

GrrImAFridge

ONE THOUSAND DOLLARYDOOS
Oct 25, 2017
Western Australia
Last edited:

Barrel_Roll

Self-requested ban
Banned
Oct 30, 2017
[ETC]Lego© Super Mario™ - 8-bit Bricks by Barrel_Roll (7/20/20)

The first Lego Mario sets release in a little under two weeks (8/1/20). I think it would be cool to have a separate thread for people to show off their sets, customs builds, ideas for future sets, etc. Open for suggestions on a better OT name.

OP
OP
TheMoon

TheMoon

|OT|
Oct 25, 2017
Video Games
[ETC]Lego© Super Mario™ - 8-bit Bricks by Barrel_Roll (7/20/20)

The first Lego Mario sets release in a little under two weeks (8/1/20). I think it would be cool to have a separate thread for people to show off their sets, customs builds, ideas for future sets, etc. Open for suggestions on a better OT name.
challenge: come up with a reference to this:
nintendo.fandom.com

N&B Block

N&B Blocks() are toys that Nintendo created in 1968 to compete against the popular LEGO brand. Several different sets were released in the 1960s that proved to be very popular. Nintendo aired advertisements comparing LEGO bricks to N&B Blocks that showcased how attractive their circular pieces...

purseowner

From the mirror universe
Oct 25, 2017
UK
13 Sentinels: Aegis Rim by purseowner (13/06/20)

Releases September 8th

This is my most anticipated game of the year - looking forward to putting together an OT that does it justice. Surprised this hadn't been claimed yet, so if anyone had their heart set on doing the OT for this, reply/message me and I'll happily collab or step aside.

Delayed to September 22nd (https://www.gematsu.com/2020/07/13-sentinels-aegis-rim-delayed-to-september-22-in-the-west), and I'm collabing with VZ_Blade on this one.

Dyashen

Dec 20, 2017
Belgium
Halo Infinite by iFirez (July 15th, 2020)
Holiday 2020

I was talking to vestan about this one and as we're now six months out from 'Holiday 2020' I'm within the claim window. I'll update the date on this claim when we get the firm 2020 release date (possibly later this month at the Xbox event).

Nice!! Really looking forward to it. If you need any help or someone to collaborate with, I'm always ready to help ;)

OP
OP
TheMoon

TheMoon

|OT|
Oct 25, 2017
Video Games
Tell Me Why by Slicer Dyster (July 25th, 2020)
August 27th, 2020

Since the three episodes will be coming rapidly after each other (one week in between each episode), would it be better to make three seperate OTs or rather one? First time doing an OT on an episodic game ;)
difficult call ...I can see various scenarios make sense with these interactive drama games (excuse the forced genre descriptor, you know what I mean).

• 1 OT for everything: easy to manage, bad for non-day-1 latecomers since they have to sift through what can only be spoiler-heavy talk, even with tags used to obscure actual plot/character events
  • 1 OT + 1 spoiler thread: you still maintain one thread for basic info setup, and discussing mechanical things but separate out the plot/character talk into its own thread that will always be full-spoilers for the latest episode as it hits.
  • 1 OT per episode: you avoid the problem with new players jumpin into the middle of spoiler talk but with the planned frequency you'll end up three OTs for the same game running concurrently. However, you get the benefit of openly talking about the events from the previous episode in the OT of the subsequent one without needing to dance around everything so anyone starting to play once those are out would find their way into those OTs. You'd need to make that structure extra clear in the title (nobody reads the OP) and the OP itself, right at the very top that this is a three-way OT per episode
  • 1 OT per episode + an overall spoiler thread: same as above but you have a thread for the big picture talk, as not to off-load that all onto the episode 3 OT
these are the options I see.

but if they really plan to have these out weekly(??) then you lose the necessity for multiple threads after those three weeks as it's then just a normal complete game.

I think I'm currently leaning towards the idea of 1 OT + spoiler thread where you have a very very strict no-spoiler policy (past the first ep) in the OT for the first three weeks until all eps are out and you can treat it like a normal game. I may also just look at this in a needlessly complicated way...

tl;dr
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Uzzy

Gabe’s little helper
Oct 25, 2017
Hull, UK
Tell Me Why by Slicer Dyster (July 25th, 2020)
August 27th, 2020

Since the three episodes will be coming rapidly after each other (one week in between each episode), would it be better to make three seperate OTs or rather one? First time doing an OT on an episodic game ;)

Three separate OTs seems like overkill, depending on how many people post and given that all the episodes will be out in a very short space of time. Personally I'd stick with one thread and use threadmarks to define when each episode is out. During the week everything is spoiler tagged, but after the week is up only major spoilers need tags (It's a DONTNOD game so that'll probably mean the ending of each episode. Keep it loose, people will know what the major spoilers are.)

Looking forward to the OT whatever you decide!