• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

iFirez

Oct 25, 2017
England
Quick question for all the lovely folk in here and follow OT creators.

If I wanted to make a 'franchise' OT similar to those found in the Hangout sections of the gaming side of Era, do I need to do a claim? Would I just post it in the main gaming forum and then it would be moved to Hangouts later like normal OTs? Anything I should know about this sort of thread? I've only done OTs for newly released games, nothing quite on the scale I have in mind for this franchise OT (which doesn't currently have any thread similar to to this to discuss to franchise btw).

Just checking before I do anything :)

OP
OP
TheMoon

TheMoon

|OT|
Oct 25, 2017
Video Games
Quick question for all the lovely folk in here and follow OT creators.

If I wanted to make a 'franchise' OT similar to those found in the Hangout sections of the gaming side of Era, do I need to do a claim? Would I just post it in the main gaming forum and then it would be moved to Hangouts later like normal OTs? Anything I should know about this sort of thread? I've only done OTs for newly released games, nothing quite on the scale I have in mind for this franchise OT (which doesn't currently have any thread similar to to this to discuss to franchise btw).

Just checking before I do anything :)

yoooo!!!

Upfront​
You do not need to claim threads that are just random threads about a thing or an issue or an idea. If you want to post a Salami OT, or your local bathouse, or about jaywalking while cosplaying as a pixel art frog, just go ahead and do it. No need to go through this procedure. Same goes for already released games/products. If you have an OT ready to go for something that is already in the past, you do not need to claim it either as there is a super low chance someone was working on the same thing. This is for products/events/media releases that are tied to release dates and follow a certain pattern. Claiming OTs is a measure to avoid conflict and multiple people putting work into elaborate threads on the same thing. In general, follow the rules about creating threads found in the Resetera General FAQ at the top of the page.

OP
OP
TheMoon

TheMoon

|OT|
Oct 25, 2017
Video Games

Hoo hoot! Oh, several things, I see! Let's take a look, shall we...? Yes! We will gladly take these off your hands! ...Ah, there's no need for you to pull them all out! I'll handle the rest from here! Hoot hoo! We pride ourselves in exhibiting all OT claims in a somewhat timely manner. Thank you very much!

Dancrane212

Oct 25, 2017
Hoo hoot! Oh, several things, I see! Let's take a look, shall we...? Yes! We will gladly take these off your hands! ...Ah, there's no need for you to pull them all out! I'll handle the rest from here! Hoot hoo! We pride ourselves in exhibiting all OT claims in a somewhat timely manner. Thank you very much!

A random Tweet just gave me the context for this haha.

I guess that's another point for Animal Crossing's reign over social media.

Uzzy

Gabe’s little helper
Oct 25, 2017
Hull, UK
If/when Bloodborne is announced for PC, I demand that the thread title is 'A Hunter is a Hunter, even on Steam'

purseowner

From the mirror universe
Oct 25, 2017
UK
13 Sentinels: Aegis Rim by purseowner (13/06/20)

Releases September 8th

This is my most anticipated game of the year - looking forward to putting together an OT that does it justice. Surprised this hadn't been claimed yet, so if anyone had their heart set on doing the OT for this, reply/message me and I'll happily collab or step aside.

donkey

Sumo Digital Dev
Verified
Oct 24, 2017
Quick q and apologies if this has been answered already. What's the call on OTs going up early if they have an Open Access/Early Access via pre-order situation?

Gundam Extreme VS Maxiboost ON is having an open access for online versus (which is the meat of the game) for anyone starting this weekend for the next couple of weekends until launch with an extended play time for those who've pre-ordered the game.

vestan

#REFANTAZIO SWEEP
Dec 28, 2017

BAD

Oct 25, 2017
USA
What's a typical period for no spoilers in the OT? I have seen people set dates for that but don't recall how long. Should it be like the first 2 weeks after release spoilers should go in the spoiler threads?

OP
OP
TheMoon

TheMoon

|OT|
Oct 25, 2017
Video Games
What's a typical period for no spoilers in the OT? I have seen people set dates for that but don't recall how long. Should it be like the first 2 weeks after release spoilers should go in the spoiler threads?
I assume this is about the TLOU2 OT? As this is such a story heavy game, I'd definitely try to have a very clear "no open spoilers" agreement going, with full spoiler talk in a separate thread entirely and spoiler tagging guidelines for the main thread.

Maybe put a little help thing in there showing the formatting options
[spoiler]spoiler content[/spoiler]
[spoiler=Spoiler Title]spoiler content[/spoiler]
[ispoiler]spoiler content[/ispoiler] Looks like this when you hide spoiler content with ispoiler
[cross]spoiler content[/cross] Looks like this when you hide spoiler content with cross.

or something. But imo a game like that, spoiler talk should be handled carefully.

Last edited:

BAD

Oct 25, 2017
USA
I assume this is about the TLOU2 OT? As this is such a story heavy game, I'd definitely try to have a very clear "no open spoilers" agreement going, with full spoiler talk in a separate thread entirely and spoiler tagging guidelines for the main thread.

Maybe put a little help thing in there showing the formatting options
[spoiler]spoiler content[/spoiler] [spoiler=Spoiler Title]spoiler content[/spoiler] [ispoiler]spoiler content[/ispoiler]

or something. But imo a game like that, spoiler talk should be handled carefully.
At the moment, it is up with a pure "[NO Spoilers]" in the title but yeah, I know the norm for major story releases would be to keep them out for a set time. Thanks for the tips!

vestan

#REFANTAZIO SWEEP
Dec 28, 2017
I completely forgot that today was the 18th, so apologies if anyone was looking forward to this as I've not done anything for it yet, and won't be able to before launch in a few hours time.
Want some help or? I can whip up the graphical assets if you've got a OT name in mind and can post the thread.