• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Eolz

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
FR
Hey, sorry to ask, but I couldn't find anything in the the search for that:
would there be any interest in a gamedev talks/resources community thread? I want to make a thread for that, but can neither find the indie thread that was on the old forum, nor am sure that it wouldn't be better to just post a thread in the video games section...

Deleted member 2585

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Excellent! I was hoping this would get an OT. :)
Hopefully with more activity than the old Vita one got since this is the definitive version.

Haha, I was waiting to see if I could dump the OT work on someone else anyone else wanted to do it. First OT, so be gentle :)

Is there a hard rule on when to put OT's up here? I know OP says to not post more than 72 hours in advance, so I'm assuming anything between 0 and 72 hours is fine, right? I'm planning on putting it up ~12-24 hours in advance.

Dandy Crocodile

Community Resetter
Oct 25, 2017
Haha, I was waiting to see if I could dump the OT work on someone else anyone else wanted to do it. First OT, so be gentle :)

Is there a hard rule on when to put OT's up here? I know OP says to not post more than 72 hours in advance, so I'm assuming anything between 0 and 72 hours is fine, right? I'm planning on putting it up ~12-24 hours in advance.
Yeah, anything in between is fine. Your time frame will be perfect!
I'm looking forward to it!

OP
OP
TheMoon

TheMoon

|OT|
Oct 25, 2017
Video Games

I love to post OTs late so people lose their minds. As long as it goes up on the day it comes out (if it's a low profile thing, nobody will care if it takes an extra day or so), that's plenty early. I'm personally not too big on this 3-days-in-advance window we officially have here now but whatevs. To me, personally, an OT ideally goes up day of release or a day before as people get their broken streetdate copies or preloaded digital copies unlock. I see no value in having a thread open and people just hyping without anyone actually playing it. But, again, that's just me.

"timely" would be the operative word, I guess.

M1chl

Banned
Nov 20, 2017
Czech Republic
Sorry, if this not the place for my question, but how I become a true member, who can create threads, etc? What's the rules here, I don't find it anywhere. I am new in here, so sorry if I missed samo FAQ or something like that. Thanks in advance for response.

Dandy Crocodile

Community Resetter
Oct 25, 2017
Sorry, if this not the place for my question, but how I become a true member, who can create threads, etc? What's the rules here, I don't find it anywhere. I am new in here, so sorry if I missed samo FAQ or something like that. Thanks in advance for response.
From the FAQ:
III. Junior status

After your account is approved, you'll begin as a Junior Member. This is your chance to prove your worth to the community and also the most critical period for the future of your account. If you break a rule as a junior member, you may be permanently banned which means you can no longer actively participate in discussions.

There is no 'Junior' tag. Everyone has 'Member' tag going forward.

In order to move from being a Junior Member to a full Member, two conditions must be met: (1) 60 days must have passed since your account was approved and (2) you must have made at least 100 posts. Once these two conditions are met, your account will automatically be upgraded to Member status.

OP
OP
TheMoon

TheMoon

|OT|
Oct 25, 2017
Video Games
How long were you looking? :)
faqmkl1h.jpg

M1chl

Banned
Nov 20, 2017
Czech Republic
Thank you very much, and apologies that I did not find that on my own...

How long were you looking? :)

Maybe I am just an idiot, I somehow never look on that bar, my eyes are automatically locked to link to "Video Games" orEtcetera. Thanks for letting me know that I am stupid : D To my defence, I am on Lyrica because of pain I have been enduring for weeks and this medicine helps, but it totally slow my brain down and drop IQ significantly. But anyway, it's my fault and I feel embarrassed. Sorry for my OG useless post...

OP
OP
TheMoon

TheMoon

|OT|
Oct 25, 2017
Video Games
Maybe I am just an idiot, I somehow never look on that bar, my eyes are automatically locked to link to "Video Games" orEtcetera. Thanks for letting me know that I am stupid : D To my defence, I am on Lyrica because of pain I have been enduring for weeks and this medicine helps, but it totally slow my brain down and drop IQ significantly. But anyway, it's my fault and I feel embarrassed. Sorry for my OG useless post...

It's fine, you're medicated lol. Just make sure to look around a bit next time^^

Cornbread78

Oct 25, 2017
Northeast USA
I love to post OTs late so people lose their minds. As long as it goes up on the day it comes out (if it's a low profile thing, nobody will care if it takes an extra day or so), that's plenty early. I'm personally not too big on this 3-days-in-advance window we officially have here now but whatevs. To me, personally, an OT ideally goes up day of release or a day before as people get their broken streetdate copies or preloaded digital copies unlock. I see no value in having a thread open and people just hyping without anyone actually playing it. But, again, that's just me.

"timely" would be the operative word, I guess.

Mine will always be posted on Monday morning EST time, lol.

BTW, have you noticed all the additional contributors making OTs right now? It's pretty great!

Cornbread78

Oct 25, 2017
Northeast USA
So nobody did a Jak and Daxter OT, huh?
Jak and Daxter Collection (PS4 – PSN) – December 6 (NA & EU)

hmmm......

Nobody is doing a LocoRoco either?
LocoRoco 2 Remastered (PS4 – PSN) – December 9 (NA)

jotun?

Oct 28, 2017
What happened to the thread where you can request to have a thread made for you?

Landawng

The Fallen
Nov 9, 2017
Denver/Aurora, CO
Is anyone going to do a Hello Neighbor OT? Officially comes out tomorrow. Wasn't sure if there are any differences between the main game and the alpha that is currently out.

BowieZ

Nov 7, 2017
Has anyone called the OT for John Williams' soundtrack to The Last Jedi? It's officially released in 5 days. I'd be happy to do it, clean and simple. Also, when would be the earliest I can post it? 4 days prior to US release?

[ETC] Star Wars: The Last Jedi (Soundtrack, John Williams) by BowieZ (December 9, 2017)
December 14, 2017 (AUS: 12:01am AEDST / USA: 7pm EST)

Last edited:
OP
OP
TheMoon

TheMoon

|OT|
Oct 25, 2017
Video Games
Has anyone called the OT for John Williams' soundtrack to The Last Jedi? It's officially released in 5 days. I'd be happy to do it, clean and simple. Also, when would be the earliest I can post it? 4 days prior to US release?

[ETC] Star Wars: The Last Jedi (Soundtrack, John Williams) by BowieZ (December 9, 2017)
December 14, 2017 (AUS: 12:01am AEDST / USA: 7pm EST)

read the OP. 72h max

OP
OP
TheMoon

TheMoon

|OT|
Oct 25, 2017
Video Games
Oscars 2018 IOTI Presented by FilmEra. by Flow March 4th 2018. (October 30th 2017)
March 4th 2018.

75th Golden Globe Awards Presented by FilmEra. by Flow (11/30/2017)
January 7th 2018.

These are non-gaming threads that go in the EtcetEra board and thus need the [ETC] tag in the front, as per the OPs templates. I've added them now but please remember this for next time. Just copy paste.

Tokyo Xanadu eX+ by Erheller (December 4 2017)
December 8 2017
You locked your profile. I can't check if you posted the thread so you don't need to link your name if nobody can see your profile anyway :)

Deleted member 2585

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
These are non-gaming threads that go in the EtcetEra board and thus need the [ETC] tag in the front, as per the OPs templates. I've added them now but please remember this for next time. Just copy paste.

You locked your profile. I can't check if you posted the thread so you don't need to link your name if nobody can see your profile anyway :)

I didn't even realize I had it locked, haha. Probably did that the first day I was on the forum and never remembered I did that.

Anyways, profile unlocked now. Also, to save you like 2 seconds here's the thread:
https://www.resetera.com/threads/tokyo-xanadu-ex-ot-a-fantasy-based-on-reality.10047/

Thanks!

Flow

Community Resettler
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Florida, USA

ty. I will edit my post

OP
OP
TheMoon

TheMoon

|OT|
Oct 25, 2017
Video Games

SweetSark

Banned
Nov 29, 2017
Upcoming Releases: Under the Radar Edition by SweetSark (10 December 2017)
Release date: February 2018

First time here writing with the hope I done correctly as the instructions asked.
When I post the Thread, I will make sure to post here to inform OP as well.

Last edited:

Toa TAK

Oct 25, 2017
Just wanted to update my claim on the Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom OT that I will be handing it over to DemonCarnotaur.

Also giving up the Tomb Raider OT.

OP
OP
TheMoon

TheMoon

|OT|
Oct 25, 2017
Video Games
[ETC] Upcoming Releases Of Not so well-known Videogames by SweetSark (10 December 2018)
Release date: Unknown

First time here writing with the hope I done correctly as the instructions asked.
When I post the Thread, I will make sure to post here to inform OP as well.
A rough estimate on when you're going to post it would be nice. Because if it's in a couple of days I don't need to add it to the list. Also, no ETC tag. ETC is for "off-topic" (non-game) stuff. Give me a rough window so I know where to put it in the list. By the way, it's still 2017 XD

Just wanted to update my claim on the Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom OT that I will be handing it over to DemonCarnotaur.

Also giving up the Tomb Raider OT.
Thanks!

SweetSark

Banned
Nov 29, 2017
A rough estimate on when you're going to post it would be nice. Because if it's in a couple of days I don't need to add it to the list. Also, no ETC tag. ETC is for "off-topic" (non-game) stuff. Give me a rough window so I know where to put it in the list. By the way, it's still 2017 XD

Thanks!

Thank you so much for your undestanding. Also it seems I am excited for the next year, which made me forget about our reality. I will fix it.
I guess I can put a Release Date, but it is possible I would made it sooner, so that why I didn't put a date in the first place.

OP
OP
TheMoon

TheMoon

|OT|
Oct 25, 2017
Video Games
Thank you so much for your undestanding. Also it seems I am excited for the next year, which made me forget about our reality. I will fix it.
I guess I can put a Release Date, but it is possible I would made it sooner, so that why I didn't put a date in the first place.
I said a rough window, I don't need you to nail down a "release date" :) (since it's not a product with a release date even^^). "This month" would've been enough^^

SweetSark

Banned
Nov 29, 2017
I said a rough window, I don't need you to nail down a "release date" :) (since it's not a product with a release date even^^). "This month" would've been enough^^

Thank you again, but I will make some changes.
It seems I am a Junior Member and I can't create Threads yet. So maybe is better to change it for January?
Can I write something like "December 2017-January 2018"?

OP
OP
TheMoon

TheMoon

|OT|
Oct 25, 2017
Video Games
Thank you again, but I will make some changes.
It seems I am a Junior Member and I can't create Threads yet. So maybe is better to change it for January?
Can I write something like "December 2017-January 2018"?
Ah yes that's a problem then. Come back once you're out of the Jr period! :)
Which would be February since you registered just at the end of Nov.

Honestly though, this isn't even a thread type you really need to claim as it's very specific and nothing somebody will snatch away.

SweetSark

Banned
Nov 29, 2017
Ah yes that's a problem then. Come back once you're out of the Jr period! :)
Which would be February since you registered just at the end of Nov.

Honestly though, this isn't even a thread type you really need to claim as it's very specific and nothing somebody will snatch away.

Then the only thing I can do is at least put for February.
Quick Question for suggestion: Do you have a better idea for a title for my Thread?

OP
OP
TheMoon

TheMoon

|OT|
Oct 25, 2017
Video Games
Then the only thing I can do is at least put for February.
Quick Question for suggestion: Do you have a better idea for a title for my Thread?
Well, first off, video games is two words and you don't need "video" in your title here at all :D
I'd use "under the radar" over "not-so-well-known"

"Upcoming Under the Radar Releases Overview" or "Upcoming Releases: Under the Radar Edition" or something like that looks snappier to me.

SweetSark

Banned
Nov 29, 2017
Well, first off, video games is two words and you don't need "video" in your title here at all :D
I'd use "under the radar" over "not-so-well-known"

"Upcoming Under the Radar Releases Overview" or "Upcoming Releases: Under the Radar Edition" or something like that looks snappier to me.

Much Appreciated. Indeed, Your titles sound more good.