• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Deleted member 21709

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
That's a tad hyperbolic. lol. They definitely retooled the game more than a bit to where I could see how fans of the original version don't like it as much but none of what they did is even close to equivalent to the absolutely abysmal/botched SH HD Collection.

Neutering the flashlight mechanic is completely missing the point of Doom 3 though.

Spider-Man

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
3FB5GLD.jpg

This might be the sexiest thing I've seen on my Switch ever.

Solidus

Oct 27, 2017
The most shocking thing about all this to me is that the original DOOM and DOOM II weren't already on mobile. I can't believe that took so long.

Vivian-Pogo

Jan 9, 2018
Would you look at that!

They removed the PS3 version of the Doom Collection (yes the PS3 version which shouldn't affect the PS4 version technically) because they knew it was a much better value because you literally get EVERYTHING classic Doom. That includes the Master Levels, Final Doom, a special episode made from DOOM 2 Xbox version called No Rest for The Living and of course Ultimate Doom and Doom 2. Also had online CO OP and deathmatch alongside split screen.

Fuck you Bethesda. Not buying the classic games. Only Doom 3 if the port is good.

Hopefully Sony allows every PS3 game to be playable on PS5 because what we are getting now is a huge downgrade.
DOOM Classic Complete PS3 is still on the store and you can still buy it. What are you talking about?

https://store.playstation.com/en-us/product/UP1003-NPUB30808_00-DOOMCOMPLETEPACK

sleepnaught

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Doom 3 looks pretty nice on Switch with native res. Have to say, looks better than the blurry ports from Wolfenstein.

Psyborg

Aug 6, 2018
This is amazing.

Probably the fastest I've ever gone from discovering the existence of a game to purchasing and playing it. Doom in handheld bois!

Anyone know if Doom3 has gyro?

badcrumble

Oct 25, 2017
Does Doom 3 have the duct tape flashlight mod? Can't remember if that was official or not but the game wasn't particularly playable without it.

Advc

Nov 3, 2017
DOOM is still a masterpiece. It's the Western equivalent of Super Mario Bros 3 as far as perfectly executed old-school games go.
Yessss. And for some reason, I always relate the old school Doom games to Nintendo, even though they used to be PC exclusives. It's a weird relationship but I think it's because of how well designed Doom games usually are.

thepenguin55

Oct 28, 2017
Sadly no. Which is a shame, since I prefer playing on 360 over PS3, since holding run speeds up turning as well as movement.

I want to say Wolfenstein 3D on both 360 & PS3 had this speed issue as well, right?
Yessss. And for some reason, I always relate the old school Doom games to Nintendo, even though they used to be PC exclusives. It's a weird relationship but I think it's because of how well designed Doom games usually are.

Doom did come to the SNES with the cool black cartridge. There's Doom 64. Doom & Doom 2 came to the GBA... so I think your Nintendo association with Doom is reasonable.

Narpas Sword0

Oct 28, 2017
Would you look at that!

They removed the PS3 version of the Doom Collection (yes the PS3 version which shouldn't affect the PS4 version technically) because they knew it was a much better value because you literally get EVERYTHING classic Doom. That includes the Master Levels, Final Doom, a special episode made from DOOM 2 Xbox version called No Rest for The Living and of course Ultimate Doom and Doom 2. Also had online CO OP and deathmatch alongside split screen.

Fuck you Bethesda. Not buying the classic games. Only Doom 3 if the port is good.

Hopefully Sony allows every PS3 game to be playable on PS5 because what we are getting now is a huge downgrade.

Wait does this not have plutonia experiment and shit?

Oct 27, 2017

Suede

Gotham's Finest
Oct 28, 2017
Scotland
I kinda wish also they gave you an option to play in 4:3, not really a fan of stretching the sprites so it fills more of the screen.

The Real Abed

Oct 25, 2017
Pennsylvania
Serious question: Do the DOOM and DOOM II ports have blurry textures? i.e. are the graphics smoothed, and if so can you disable it? Because this is literally a deal breaker if the textures and sprites are smoothed. I want my pixels crisp and blocky. I won't buy it if there isn't an option to play it that way.