• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Oct 27, 2017
Would you look at that!

They removed the PS3 version of the Doom Collection (yes the PS3 version which shouldn't affect the PS4 version technically) because they knew it was a much better value because you literally get EVERYTHING classic Doom. That includes the Master Levels, Final Doom, a special episode made from DOOM 2 Xbox version called No Rest for The Living and of course Ultimate Doom and Doom 2. Also had online CO OP and deathmatch alongside split screen.

Fuck you Bethesda. Not buying the classic games. Only Doom 3 if the port is good.

Hopefully Sony allows every PS3 game to be playable on PS5 because what we are getting now is a huge downgrade.

Oct 28, 2017
dpqBORU.jpg

Not this port.

Aprikurt

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 29, 2017
Just missing Final Doom and Doom 64 now. And that weird light gun iPhone game based on D3 that was actually okay.

DrMoguera

Oct 27, 2017
Someone should really make a topic about this Bethesda.net thing. This is incredibly shady and should not be tolerated.

BassForever

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
CT
I accidentally botched typing my email and setting up a bethesda account and it still let me play the game.

ArchedThunder

Uncle Beerus
Oct 25, 2017
Why do I have to bother at all? I barley touch Bethesda games and I already have Nintendo Online why do I need to sign in for extra crap?

Pass.
It's not like it costs you money or anything. It's a short, one time inconvenience and you never have to worry about it again. Is it dumb? Sure, but I don't see how it's a reason to not buy the game.

Neiteio

Oct 25, 2017
Played the first four missions of Doom 1 on Switch. Plays fantastic -- just be sure to dial down the sensitivity under "Gameplay" to about 50%, otherwise you'll be slipping all over the place, lol.

Bufbaf

Don't F5!
Oct 25, 2017
Hamburg, Germany
Hey id can you please add another splitscreen mode for two players with counterpart screens, so the screen can just be placed on a table with two players sitting on opposite edges? It makes so much sense!

also, I accidentally the whole email, can I change it somehow after the fact to link with my actual account?

Pokémon

Oct 27, 2017
Lol this thread is pure ERA meltdowns from hype to anger to hype to anger again calm down guys lol

And like always it is something minuscule being blown out of proportion. The bigger issue is the one from the other thread where Bethesda is removing the BC version of Doom 3 BFG so you can't redownload it anymore.

ArchedThunder

Uncle Beerus
Oct 25, 2017
So I have to create a new account for some random site I've never heard off to play a game that's almost 30 years old?

I'll probably still get it but it's fucking stupid.
Nobody is saying it's not stupid, but it'll take you like 60 seconds to do it and then you never have to bother with it again. It's certainly not something that should be a deal breaker.

Deleted member 249

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
So I have to create a new account for some random site I've never heard off to play a game that's almost 30 years old?

I'll probably still get it but it's fucking stupid.
You don't even have to verify the account; and if you're going to be playing Bethesda games, you'll probably need to use that account going forward, so might as well get it out of the way now.
I don't disagree that it's stupid, mind you. I just don't think it's a deal breaker, that's all.

ArchedThunder

Uncle Beerus
Oct 25, 2017
And like always it is something minuscule being blown out of proportion. The bigger issue is the one from the other thread where Bethesda is removing the BC version of Doom 3 BFG so you can't redownload it anymore.
Doom 1 and 2 are gone too, I had both games and they are gone from my Ready to Install page.

DrMoguera

Oct 27, 2017
This is not a minuscule issue. This is Bethesda ensuring that all of their games now have an expiration date.

rpm

Into the Woods
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Parts Unknown
Oh cool, DOOM on Switch

*sees Bethesda.net account/online only internet connection required upon first launch DRM bullshit*
ETMNe.gif

Last edited: