• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

ghostcrew

The Shrouded Ghost
Administrator
Oct 27, 2017
The game should've released for 30$. The reviews would've been better, that's for sure.

Honestly, I don't think so. I got it on rental and I thought it was trash. I essentially paid $0 for it (I pay monthly and I get tons of games through every month so I didn't drop any cash specifically on The Order), finished it in 5 and a half hours, got the platinum in probably another hour then sent it back. I didn't like it for free.

Dr. Ludwig

Oct 31, 2017
It's a linear, cinematic game with terrible writing and characters.

That combination is a guaranteed death sentence and they completely missed the appeal of Naughty Dog games in the first place.

Landford

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
No way. They're an incredible VR dev now. They made probably the best VR title available, Lone Echo. They're wizards in that space.

Really? Thats amazing to hear then. Last I heard of them was a very ill received "Deformer" game that got killed super fast on Steam.

Wackamole

Oct 27, 2017
Great graphics, amazing sound and good weapons.
I think the term "walking simulator" is kinda dumb but the game certainly left a lot to desire.

The developers really showed what poor character they have when the reviews bombed. They completely abandoned the game.
The game still needs an indication at the start of every chapter to see how many things are found and how much are left.

jimtothehum

Mar 23, 2018
I enjoyed it. I really feel if they had a chance for a sequel, that could have been something special.

Harlequin

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I will never quite understand the amount of hate this game got. Did it have the potential to be a lot more? Yeah. Was it a brilliant masterpiece? No. But it wasn't bad by a long shot. I had a good time with it and I actually liked the story (but then storytelling is a super subjective thing). The atmosphere and the world were really cool, the shooting felt satisfying, the graphics were very pretty (though I feel like, in retrospect, some of the facial animation hasn't aged particularly well),... It was a better game than its reception might have you believe (and I'd definitely play a sequel).

MadMod

Dec 4, 2017
Got it on the cheap, really enjoyed it. Great world and cool art style. Id love a sequel.

DarthBuzzard

Banned
Jul 17, 2018
Its sad that Ready at Dawn is now a husk of a company.
You realize that they made some of the best PC games this generation? Lone Echo / Echo VR and the upcoming Lone Echo 2.

They actually managed to establish a formula for locomotion in zero gravity that will be standard going forward, just like Mario 64's 3rd person controls.

Cosmo Kramer

Prophet of Regret - Chicken Chaser
Oct 28, 2017
MĂ©xico
I got it at full price at launch despite the terrible reviews which i think were too harsh, i liked it, i enjoy short story driven games with great atmosphere so it was right uo my alley.

Would love to se a sequel for sure

Fonst

Nov 16, 2017
Gunplay felt great, didn't care for the setting but I thought it was good enough.

Deleted member 50761

User requested account closure
Banned
Dec 11, 2018
I bought this for <ÂŁ10 about 18 months ago and never got further than 30 minutes in, is it worth playing?

Harris Katz

Apr 9, 2018
The game may have been lackluster in regard to gameplay and story, but it desperately needs a sequel. They can fix all of the issues in the first game and create something really special in that world. I am sure that it sold enough to warrant a sequel and I think that it would sell really well.

Raide

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
Too much focus on making a cinematic and graphically impressive showpiece, instead of making a good game. It had its moments but mostly surrounded with bad. The fact most people only really cared how pretty it was, was pretty telling.

Aztechnology

Community Resettler
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Despite that, the setup was great. Artwork amazing and shooting was pretty solid. The world is great. It's on the short list of games I want a sequel for.

Landford

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
You realize that they made some of the best PC games this generation? Lone Echo / Echo VR and the upcoming Lone Echo 2.

They actually managed to establish a formula for locomotion in zero gravity that will be standard going forward, just like Mario 64's 3rd person controls.

Like I said some posts before, No, I didn't know. Last I heard of them was the Deformer game that bombed super hard on Steam. I am super happy that they bounced back to an awesome position again. I don't have any VR Equipment, but looking at the Lone Echo videos they truly did something amazing.

Bishop89

What Are Ya' Selling?
Oct 25, 2017
Melbourne, Australia
So much potential wasted.
When you actually had full control of the combat, it was amazing. However the game stripped that control from you at every corner.

The world /story/characters/ graphics were great.

The qte, shitty boss battles and constant interruptions were not.

Wish we got a sequel which was more focused on gameplay, damn Cliffhangers

Deleted member 16136

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Was kind of gutted, finally completed it a few months ago, the setting/characters had so much potential, graphics were ridiculous, but the actual game was just the worst things about many modern games. Too many cut scenes, the most basic of cover shooting, so few shootouts, and then its over and done with within a few hours. Wasn't the final boss 1 long QTE ...... which you did previously in the game anyway?

I really hope they get a chance to do a sequel, as there's something there.

Knowing my luck it will probably be open world.

Bumrush

Oct 25, 2017
I ended up getting it for around $4 and actually really liked it. It had a ton of wasted potential as the setting was SO good - and visually it was the best thing out on consoles at the time - but I enjoyed my ~8 hours with it.

HStallion

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Idk....the whole setting with Werewolves was enough for me to play it. Pretty game but a waste of $60

What's funny is the werewolves were the worst enemie in the game by far. I never got hit by one of them once and you could stand in one single spot and kill a group of them without even aiming. They would follow the same exact path to attack you each and every time and run right into your bullets. Just all around terrible.

Ricky_R

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Still salty over them regular ass lycan encounters. Fuckers were probably place holder, but at the end they said "fuck it leave them there".

Suikodan

Oct 25, 2017
The things that insulted me the most about this game are the black bars. Why play a game if you can only see half of it on your screen?

I know it was meant to save render space but I'm already pissed about 16:10 movies on a 16:9 screen, don't do the same with games.

Don't know if a PS4 Pro patch could have solved that problem though...

Slappy White

Oct 27, 2017
It was worth the $5 I paid for a clearance copy I guess. I'd never play it again.total missed opportunity.

DarthWalden

Prophet of Truth
The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
It definitely had its issues, the second half was incredibly rough from both a gameplay and story perspective but for the 5$ I paid for it I thought it was pretty great.

I'd play a sequal that fleshed out the gameplay, got rid of the insta-death stealth and fleshed out the story some more

Alex2DX

Nov 6, 2017
Could have been much better, but I won't lie I did enjoy it. Guns were cool. Game was beautiful.

HStallion

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
The things that insulted me the most about this game are the black bars. Why play a game if you can only see half of it on your screen?

I know it was meant to save render space but I'm already pissed about 16:10 movies on a 16:9 screen, don't do the same with games.

Don't know if a PS4 Pro patch could have solved that problem though...

It was an artistic choice as much as it was technical. Same goes for movies that do this.

Raboon

Oct 30, 2017
I enjoyed it. Gunplay was really fun! Had high Hope's for the sequel but I doubt we'll get one.. :(

Fisty

Oct 25, 2017
Paid $60 on launch day. Interesting premise, great characters, weapon feedback and shooting was good.

Probably would have been happier paying sub-$40 for it but there was definitely potential if they could have kept going. Well, it didnt have Days Gone-level of sequel potential, but it could have continued and improved greatly with another game

Metalgus

Oct 27, 2017
I liked the characters and the setting. I'm always rooting for a sequel to show up one day!

shinobi602

Verified
Oct 24, 2017
They spent a lot of time (A LOT) building and trying to perfect that engine, which caused problems with allocating content, gameplay mechanics, etc. They certainly cut a lot to get it to ship. That's the main reason.

Deepwater

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
When it was announced I always envisioned it as a squad based shooter, a la Star Wars Republic Commando.

How disappointed I was to find out it wasn't anything close to that.

Deleted member 16365

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
The story was good, the game was beautiful, but the actual gameplay was lacking. If they'd have doubled the overall length it would have been a great experience.

The whole thing felt like a rushed tech demo for the PS4 that would have been remembered fondly if it were bundled, or at least $30 instead of $60.

Cels

Oct 26, 2017
they made ghost of sparta which was pretty damn good, so sony probably though ok we'll have them make the next big new IP on PS4

too bad the gamble didn't work out

The-Demon

Alt account
Banned
Jun 7, 2019
This game has some of the best aiming I have ever experienced. Such precision on a console especially when auto aim is turned off.