• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

DrForester

Mod of the Year 2006
Oct 25, 2017
This just showed up on my Hulu recommendations. Apparently it was made a whiles ago, and I just never heard of it. Watching now and it's pretty good. Goes over teh creation of the channel, and the golden years of the channel, including a lot of interviews with people involved.

www.hulu.com

The Orange Years: The Nickelodeon Story

The Orange Years chronicles the rise of the Nickelodeon network, featuring interviews with the actors, writers, and creators from all the golden age Nickelodeon shows that shaped your lives. It’s wild. It’s crazy. It changed the world.

Enjoying ti so far. 90's Nick was such a part of my childhood.

Tavernade

Tavernade
Sep 18, 2018
It'll be interesting to watch this after having devoured every Nick Knacks episode on YouTube a few months ago.

OP
OP
DrForester

DrForester

Mod of the Year 2006
Oct 25, 2017
Just finished it, it's pretty good if this was something you watched all the time. They basically just go in order over all the shows they made. Lots of good guests in the video.

I remembered watching that Nick News interview with Magic Johnson after his diagnosis when it aired.

Cheesebu

Wrong About Cheese
Sep 21, 2020
I really enjoyed this. I loved hearing about how Rugrats, Doug, and Ricky started. They even mentioned that all the Rugrats music was from a guy in Devo, which has always been my favorite bit of trivia. That show would be nothing without that music.

I had never seen that All That skit with Chris Farley so that was a treat too. And the Legends of the Hidden Temple section was great too.

Oct 25, 2017
Saw it pop up on Thursday. Was interesting to see how the started out and how they had a lot of women at the top.

And then at the end they're like
aaaaaaaand spongebob and Dora happened, making us a ton of cash and people left. Was both funny and sad.

TheHyde

Oct 29, 2017
I thought The Orange Years referred to something completely different....nevermind :)

DJ88

Oct 26, 2017
Oh man more people need to see this!

I loved learning about the origins of so many of the network staples, the creation of Nickelodeon Studios, and all the actors they brought back for interviews. So good and really made me miss that era of Nick.

Ruken

Oct 29, 2017
That was pretty good. Hearing about their whole philosophy at the time was really interesting, how they really made it a physical thing with Nickelodeon Studios, the magazine, and all their branded stuff like moon shoes and gak.

Bigkrev

Oct 25, 2017
I watched this a couple of days ago. I kinda like how for the first 90% of the show it's all about showing new creative things, talking about them... and then at the end its like "well, then Spongebob and Dora happened and then everything changed forever"