• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Dec 23, 2017
Damn right it was!

I still play my copy on the PCSX2 supersampled.

www.resetera.com

Let's talk about Skygunner (PS2)

Release Date: (JP) September 27, 2001 / (US) June 24, 2002 Developer: PixelArts Publisher: (JP) Sony Interactive Entertainment / (US) Atlus Characters & Ships: Opening Animation: If you don't know what Skygunner is, this video does a pretty good job explaining the game and its...

gsdx_20200322212411.png

gsdx_20200322212514.png

gsdx_20200322213231.png

Last edited:
Oct 25, 2017
This game had a massive Mega Man Legends/Kiki's Delivery Service vibe to it, but sadly I never found a copy at that age. I remember seeing pretty negative reviews at the time too. I should still hunt down a copy and finally give it a try.

But yeah, DEFINITELY remember catching this on late nights on cinematech. So many obscure Japanese titles found that way.

Distantmantra

Oct 26, 2017
Seattle
This game had a massive Mega Man Legends/Kiki's Delivery Service vibe to it, but sadly I never found a copy at that age. I remember seeing pretty negative reviews at the time too. I should still hunt down a copy and finally give it a try.

But yeah, DEFINITELY remember catching this on late nights on cinematech. So many obscure Japanese titles found that way.

The frame rate at times is a slog, but it's definitely a charming game. Was shocked/not shocked to see that it's going for $100+ now.

Bradford

terminus est
Aug 12, 2018
I found a remarkable amount of games through Cinematech. I really wish there was something like it around today.