• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Oct 25, 2017
Reading about WW84 (since I refuse to pay 30 dollars to watch the movie) just bums me out because it reiterates that 90% of the first Wonder Woman movie being good was just a fluke.

SPEA

Oct 29, 2017
Nice! Love this dude!

By the way, watched WW1984 on NYE. Just a nonsensical hot garbage of a film. One of the worse scripts I've ever seen in a movie. Brutal.

Irrotational

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
I watched it but didn't really get it...did he really have a daughter that died in a school shooting!?

JDSN

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Swerving into magic realism is such a lazy Onion move at this point.

VanWinkle

Oct 25, 2017
It bums me out so bad that this movie wasn't good. I haven't watched it yet myself, but only because I've heard so much negativity. So disappointing. I truly loved the first movie.

Dyle

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I hope we get to hear Peter Rosenthal's thoughts on Soul, I've always assumed his role as the Onion's film reviewer was a side gig for him and he spent most of his time teaching high school film class, so it should be the perfect movie for him to reflect upon his life. That and it would be a great opportunity to make more jokes at the Knicks' expense

Oct 30, 2017
The problem with the DC movie universe is that Warner Bros. seems to want to stick with a really generic form of superhero storytelling. They're created to serve the lowest common denominator and so they forego authentic and good storytelling for setpieces and special effects. The narrative is just the necrotic tissue connecting all the beats.

HStallion

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
The problem with the DC movie universe is that Warner Bros. seems to want to stick with a really generic form of superhero storytelling. They're created to serve the lowest common denominator and so they forego authentic and good storytelling for setpieces and special effects. The narrative is just the necrotic tissue connecting all the beats.

This modern day superhero films in general, not just DC.

exodus

Oct 25, 2017

I mean I would say the same about Marvel as well. Seen em one, seen em all. I only really enjoy the few that break free from the mold (e.g. Deadpool, Thor 3).

That's probably part of why The Boys is so popular.

Jan 10, 2018
I've watched so many reviews of this video now that I could've just watched the movie. But not as fun though, if I'm to believe all these reviewers.

Aurica

音楽オタク - Comics Council 2020
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
A mountain in the US
It bums me out so bad that this movie wasn't good. I haven't watched it yet myself, but only because I've heard so much negativity. So disappointing. I truly loved the first movie.
Got any WW omnis to reread? Gal Gadot just isn't the Wonder Woman I love from the comics, and that's a huge bummer. She feels very cold.