• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

SkyOdin

Apr 21, 2018
It is probably a toss up between Breath of Fire and Wild Arms for me. Both of them were really solid RPG series that helped define an era of gaming for me. Suikoden rounds out the trifecta, but it is at least getting a spiritual successor.

Trode

Mar 27, 2018
I miss having a series of 3D choose your own adventure games with branching storylines and dozens of endings.

I miss customizing and strengthening my blade and unlocking cool new features through dozens of playthroughs.

I miss exploring and being immersed in atmospheric and thoughtfully designed game worlds occupied by interesting factions and individuals with their own goals.

I miss Way of the Samurai

jelly

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Splinter Cell. I don't hold out much hope Ubisoft won't Ubisoft it in the worst ways but I do miss it.

Midtown Madness, yeah it's not really that interesting in campaign mode but I miss a big sprawling city silly car racing game. I think it would be great with a forge mode too these days. Maybe Horizon will fill the void with a next generation only release.

barley

Banned
Aug 16, 2018
78637-wave-race-64-kawasaki-jet-ski-nintendo-64-front-cover.png

purseowner

From the mirror universe
Oct 25, 2017
UK
Pikmin but at least there's Deluxe

We were promised more Opoona but that went quiet

Weiss

User requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Banjo-Kazooie, I suppose. It's one of the very small number of games I feel genuine nostalgic attachment to.

It's over and done, but it sure was nice to see them again in Smash.

Kris1977

Nov 25, 2017
Ridge Racer series by far. Its been too long. The series peaked on the psp and I'm not sure it'll ever be bettered.

Also, Jak And Daxter, but not the second and third games, just the first.

Redcrayon

Patient hunter
On Break
Oct 27, 2017
UK
Front Mission I'd like to see again in the vein of FM3- a huge, sweeping mech strategy game with a great story. It surpasses FFT for me.
Skies of Arcadia is all about a lighthearted sense of adventure and exploration, and the ship battles really add something to the JRPG formula. I'd love to see that return.
Lots of my 2D favourites have spiritual successors these days as they perhaps aren't the most profitable choice to spend resources on for the IP owner, but the ideas can still be harnessed by a dedicated small team. I'd like to see Bionic Commando return though, not the 3D one, but as a 2D game.

Pennybags

Prophet of Truth
Oct 27, 2017
Planetside. Yes, I know PS2 is still ongoing and has made some interesting updates lately and has others prised. But it's way past it's heyday.

It offered large scale combined-arms gameplay no other title could match.

I think we're ready for a new Planetside or a game like it. Especially on consoles. If done right, I bet the style of game can be the new trendy subgenre, as Battle Royale was before it.

HibbySloth

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
latest

pEq83pT.gif

tenor.gif

40696d6c4f7a4b6529d79df4a4c914fd.gif

word-image-10.gif

JjfM.gif

2440cbd4f815429c5fb482331c24950c814e52d3.gifv

URJFT7TWikWHgtG_xx920v8Y60tZJSm-P7i0fgWWwt1UNVh6nplKolGvka9Fc2oqjmIfaKePRIWn93VDdYRox32OJU1tbRyxcXVMILmePDzBYkVaNZoyI9eFDnQXEcKlr9E

ReasonableDecimalHagfish-size_restricted.gif

Just Rareware in general. I understand the Rare of today is more successful than ever, but I miss these kinds of games. Nothing has scratched the itch of a Rareware game for me.

EggmaniMN

Banned
May 17, 2020
shadow-hearts-trilogy_6147.jpg

I don't even care about the whole "horror" aspect thing people hang on with Koudelka and SH1 as I find all of the games to be extremely good. I just miss RPGs made by these people and I wish they still made anything at all and I can't even get that because even feelplus is dead following Moon Diver, which ALSO owned and then AQ Interactive died after absorbing them and Marvelous absorbing AQ...and then doing apparently nothing with them.

Arcus Felis

Unshakable Resolve
Oct 26, 2017
Suikoden, although Wild ARMs and Shadow Hearts are not far behind.
And, well, the Mana series, though at this point I've grown numb about it. Trials of Mana was nice, at least.

Oct 27, 2017
Columbus, OH
I know it's not the most "missing" of all franchises but I'd lose it over a fairly high-budget 3D Sonic the Hedgehog that evoked the pre-Adventure games without feeling like a direct throwback.

Something akin to the recent 3D Mario games only with much larger, more athletic spaces and the style of soundtrack and aesthetics of "classic Sonic" where it's not really about speed it's about momentum. Something that feels like the Sonic Mania or CD cinematics (or the not creepy parts of the OVA).

I doubt we'll ever get anything like this. They've moved on and there's an entire generation of people with nostalgia for Adventure and later. But I'd eat it up.

Version 3.0

Oct 27, 2017
Wave Race. The water racing game that best incorporated convincing wave physics into meaningful gameplay is now 25 years old. Wave Race 64 still hasn't been topped. Most of the entries in this genre are hovercraft racers in disguise. They have floaty controls, but little to no physical interaction with water or waves, only visual effects. Jet Moto, Hydro Thunder, Splashdown, etc. Most of the others are just plain bad.

Then the genre gets its last gasp as Wii and Kinect showpieces, and now it's dead.

I will never understand how it went so wrong.

Jul 1, 2020
TTKGQj1.png

The original. The first game feels like a different universe compared to the rest. My hope is that this is what id Software tackles next.
The bizzare mashup of the three or four different games that Quake was supposed to be combined with id's back to basics approach that lead to them eventually shipping the game would be kind of difficult to reproduce. I'd love to see them take a crack at it though.

darthbob

One Winged Slayer
Nov 20, 2017
100% Star Wars Rogue Squadron. It really is unfortunate that Factor5 folded and this game license is... well I don't know WHERE it is, but I'd imagine Disney owns it, considering future movie projects. Hopefully with the movie coming, we'll see a resurrection.

dahyahr-f65d71f4-43eb-4380-b356-0afcb2e02a59.jpg

Deimos

Oct 25, 2017
Not an old franchise but sometimes I really miss Evolve. Ignoring the memes, the game was actually great. The thing I miss the most are the characters. They each had so much personality and despite not having a real story campaign, the game had a crazy amount of world building just through dropship banter. So much potential wasted by a shitty publisher.

The Archon

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
The Legacy of Kain. And it's made worse by th fact that ever since 2003 weve had multiple cancelled games, a follow uo MP beta that had nothing in common with the rest of the franchise, made even worse by the fact that I never got to play it before it was cancelled. And at this point reviving the franchise is moot because AFAIK the original team that worked on it no longer exist and the voice actors that gave it so much life are either dead or very old. :(

Sagroth

Oct 28, 2017
There's many mentioned here I'd adore, but I'd really like to see another Shadowman game.

Huey

Oct 27, 2017
Panzer dragoon.

It's nice to be getting the remakes but the first one was a shadow of the genius of the original game and changed a lot of art. Really I just wish we could get any new team andromeda game.

dogbox

Jan 30, 2019
Spaceball Arena
I have been thinking a lot about Wave Race 64 lately. What an incredible game that was, and a better time. I would love to see a new one on the Switch with some online, character creator, lots of cosmetics etc. Damn.

Poshi

Oct 28, 2017
Sweden
I miss some open world games. We don´t get spoiled with those these days.

Came here to say: ADVANCE WARS FTW.