• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Starlightmuse

Saw the truth behind the copied door
Oct 27, 2017
Golden Sun

Oh hell I really miss Golden Sun and I don't see Nintendo ever bringing it back
(Fuck Dark Dawn though)

Baron Von Beans

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Wipeout for Playstation is a huge one for me. Its been around since the beginning of psx, and its such a fantastic game. A close second is Evolve. While not that old, I long for the days when its playerbase was at its peak, and I can only dream what it would be like today.

Lobster Roll

signature-less, now and forever
Sep 24, 2019
Square gave us a taste of (classic) Final Fantasy Tactics and then never gave us more.

Boogiepop

Oct 25, 2017
The series I got used to having consistently are the ones I feel the absence of worst, feels like. Like Castlevania and Mega Man. And honestly it's been long enough with Etrian Odyssey it's starting to get that way.

Ouendan's definitely one that comes to mind otherwise, shame that we got three great games on DS... and then Inis went on to do other stuff I haven't heard good impressions of and never came back to it.

Also, Pikmin 4 seriously needs to surface finally...

Square gave us a taste of (classic) Final Fantasy Tactics and then never gave us more.
Oh man, I actually COULD go for a Tactics A3... (The plot and characters of A2 were definitely incredibly lacking, but it was still a ton of fun to play IMO. So a shame that the series just vanished entirely on us.)

Dec 6, 2017
US
I REALLY miss these two series:

Metroid Prime
Tomb Raider (Core)

They provided a feeling of isolation and wonder without ever being overtly dark per say, always having this mystical atmosphere. I constantly pop back into both of these series' various games still for that atmosphere fix.

NeverWas

Feb 28, 2019
Wipeout on PS is a big one. It was a huge reason why I stuck with the brand. It was great having the Omega Collection on PS4, in VR no less, but I'd played all those tracks to death before the Omega Collection was even a thing. I would love to see a new big budget entry into the series.

NewDayMarch

Nov 25, 2017
My Top 2 have already been said (Final fantasy tactics and Wild Arms). God would they get my money quick for either.

Beyond that, a new Ape Escape has so much potential given the advancements in graphics, online play, etc. And it hurts my heart that we will never see a Viewtiful Joe 3.

RPGam3r

Oct 27, 2017
Final Fantasy Tactics (of the PSX variety, not the Advanced versions) and Parasite Eve come to mind for me.

I give a big thumbs down on Golden Sun. Those games to me only did well bc of their visuals. They reminded me too much of Beyond the Beyond.

Valkerion

Oct 29, 2017
Ridge Racer. Glad Ace Combat is back for now at least, but it's RR's time Namco!

Also going to ditto Front Mission, going to replay 3 at some point this year and I want a proper entry so bad. But Square Enix is determined to not make anymore srpgs it seems aside from their mobile game.

Parasite Eve too.

Spacejaws

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Scotland
For me, defo F Zero, Star Wars Rogue Squadron, Turok and Timesplitters are great examples.

There's a few games that their franchises have warped a little bit, that I kinda consider them lost to a degree. The new titles can be great but kinda far removed in a way that what pulled those nostalgia strings is no longer part of the franchoe. I'd say Baldurs Gate, Fallout and Final Fantasy for me those were my favs growing up.

Pallo

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Golden Sun.

Great music, great dungeons and puzzles, great combat system.
The Golden Sun MUST rise again one day...

ann3nova.

Oct 27, 2017
P1sYzl5.jpg

YBLkotE.jpg

I still feel like we've never had good follow ups to these games.

Oct 27, 2017
Ridge Racer and Project Gotham Racing. We need more arcade racers, we've had our fill of Sims and simcades.

Doesn't help that all the Need for Speeds since Hot Pursuit have ranged from "OK" to "Awful" to "Payback".

Yep. It's an entire genre near enough MIA. The worst thing is they're very seldom preserved or available to buy on modern storefronts or systems either. It's like a double whammy.

Ridge Racer, Wipeout, Motorstorm, Blur, Burnout, Sega Rally, Daytona, F-Zero, Wave Race, Project Gotham Racing.. if any one of those got revived in some form this year then it would be a good year.

Izzard

Banned
Sep 21, 2018
Just the one game, so not really a franchise, and I guess Legends means it's still going, but SWG was a truly special game for me and I'd be highly emotional if they made a newer one.

Undrey

Oct 29, 2017
Get nae nae'd!

I just started playing again and this is one of the newer tracks, they still got it.

I can't get into the game again like I used to. I always play it for a week or two and then unintentionally drop off, which makes the game even more nostalgic knowing I will never experience that level of commitment with it again.

oldzac

Jan 22, 2020
Jak and Sly. I love almost all of the Ratchet games made since the PS2 era. It's a shame that Jak and Sly have been left behind.

(That being said, I adore Uncharted and The Last of Us and I like/love the inFAMOUS games and Ghost of Tsushima in varying degrees. I just wish someone like Japan Studio or Sumo Digital would get a swing at one of the classic PS2 character platformers.)

Henrayuh

Oct 15, 2019
Sly Cooper.

Its stealth platformer gameplay was great. I wish Sony would green-light another.

Urishizu

Dead Drop Studios Founder
Verified
Nov 5, 2017
Although it's more of a subfranchise than anything, my vote is and will always be Resident Evil: Outbreak titles. I would very much enjoy revisiting that series on modern platforms and see a new title. And of course, Dino Crisis. But a real Dino Crisis, not whatever the heck the most recent one was supposed to be.

calibos

Dec 13, 2017
Final Fantasy 7 because I am pretty much an Xbox/Win gamer these days. My PS4 runs like a jet engine and I haven't scored a PS5 yet.

Wonder when that remake is hitting Xbox or Windows?

itfiend

Dec 31, 2019
Project Gotham, Elite Beat Agents, 1 vs 100 (although that was never a franchise and is due to come back), Populous.