• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

KtotheRoc

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
www.marvel.com

New Team of Writers Take Spider-Man Beyond Your Wildest Expectations in 'Amazing Spider-Man' #75

Zeb Wells, Kelly Thompson, Saladin Ahmed, Cody Ziglar, and Patrick Gleason bring you a new era of 'Amazing Spider-Man' this October!

Starting in October, AMAZING SPIDER-MAN will return with a story so bombastic that it will take greatest team of web-writers and arachnid-artists ever assembled to tell it. Kelly Thompson, Saladin Ahmed, Cody Ziglar, Patrick Gleason, and Zeb Wells will team up on the thrice-monthly title to shake up the Spider-Man mythos in ways no one will see coming… The saga will kick off in AMAZING SPIDER-MAN #75 where Ben Reilly will return to take back the mantle of Spider-Man. Backed by the Beyond Corporation, the captivating clone of Peter Parker is determined to be the best version of Spider-Man there ever was.

It's Ben Reilly time. He's technically been back for awhile (after a few moments of being evil), and now he's ready to be Spider-Man again.

NDA-Man

Mar 23, 2020
www.marvel.com

New Team of Writers Take Spider-Man Beyond Your Wildest Expectations in 'Amazing Spider-Man' #75

Zeb Wells, Kelly Thompson, Saladin Ahmed, Cody Ziglar, and Patrick Gleason bring you a new era of 'Amazing Spider-Man' this October!

It's Ben Reilly time.

Does that mean Kaine Parker gets to be the surly asshole Scarlet Spider who vacillates between (a) wanting to run away from all his troubles and (b) wanting to be a badass antihero, and the world not letting either happen?

Dalek

Oct 25, 2017
A team of Kelly Thompson, Zeb Wells and Saladin Ahmed is a massive upgrade from Nick Spencer.

OP
OP
KtotheRoc

KtotheRoc

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Something tells me that Ben's "father" won't be stuck on Spider-Gwen's world for much longer. (Or there's another clone ready to torment Ben at a moment's notice.)

Drakeon

Oct 25, 2017
As someone who read through all the new scarlet spider and clone nonsense when he was the new jackal, glad to have decent Ben Reilly back. And I realize that when I said new, it was actually like 2017? When he was in Las Vegas.

Sou Da

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
A team of Kelly Thompson, Zeb Wells and Saladin Ahmed is a massive upgrade from Nick Spencer.
I liked Nick's writing on Spider-Man but the more I look on twitter the more I realize that are an unnerving amount of people who view certain books as for white dude writers only and think of books like Miles and Captain Marvel as "containment". Comic fans are kinda fucked up.

Dalek

Oct 25, 2017
I liked Nick's writing on Spider-Man but the more I look on twitter the more I realize that are an unnerving amount of people who view certain books as for white dude writers only and think of books like Miles and Captain Marvel as "containment". Comic fans are kinda fucked up.
Jesus really? That sucks.

Kelly Thompson on Spider-Man is such an inspired choice. She really has a great way of making characters seem fresh and new and I'm all for it. Spencer's run has just felt so stale. But Captain Marvel and Black Widow are great right now.

OP
OP
KtotheRoc

KtotheRoc

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
I was enjoying Spencer's run. I also think very highly of Thompson and Ahmed.

(And then there's the guy who had The Lizard eat his own son.)

OP
OP
KtotheRoc

KtotheRoc

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
They're gonna do the Clone Saga in some form after this next Spider-Man movie, aren't they?

8eb7bdaceee6829c4ae8a66aaf415c38.jpg

ZeoVGM

Oct 25, 2017
Providence, RI
I'm pretty excited that ASM is going to be thrice-monthly now. We're going back to the Brand New Day scheduling and I loved that.

This is generally amazing news because Ben is the best. But I don't understand the need to update the suit at all. It's already perfect.

ben-reilly-d60d0115-d55a-4b3a-938c-9c446437bb2-resize-750.gif

Just use that exact suit again.

Maximum Spider

â–˛ Legend â–˛
Oct 25, 2017
Cleveland, OH
I'm pretty excited that ASM is going to be thrice-monthly now. We're going back to the Brand New Day scheduling and I loved that.

This is generally amazing news because Ben is the best. But I don't understand the need to update the suit at all. It's already perfect.

I agree. It way too similar without being better in any aspect. I guess they felt obligated to do something new just because?

OP
OP
KtotheRoc

KtotheRoc

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017

I think they want to differentiate it from Mayday's at this point. Mayday owns it now, lol.

Sou Da

Banned
Oct 25, 2017

Its kind of because Mayday made that suit her own.

Oct 26, 2017
Selim as in "give my regards" in Arabic. Huh.

i mean, in all for this but really i just want Kaine's old purple and blue suit back in some capacity

Art__Thief

Jun 1, 2021
Man, I miss Kaine more then Ben what is he up to these days? Is he just in limbo? Does he still have that sick ass stealth suit?

E4uyvNgWUAMSiG3

Wrexis

Nov 4, 2017
The Clone Saga made me give up comics for about 10 years (1995 to 2005 ish), so pass on this I think.

Deleted member 4461

User Requested Account Deletion
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Just... kill Peter for good. I'm tired of having any hope for this character. SO TIRED.

American comics not written by Hickman are not worth it smfh

EDIT: Someone said that Marvel realizes people like the concept of Spider-Man and his powers more than the person behind the mask. All of a sudden, every comic and movie decision of the past few decades make sense

Freddy=Legend

Drive-in Mutant
Oct 29, 2017
You had me at Kelly Thompson. Everything she touches is gold right now. I just recently read her issue of The Silver Coin & would kill for a full blown slasher story from her. Will be the first Spidey book I've read in a while.

HustleBun

Nov 12, 2017
People treat the Clone saga like it's the Spider-man 3 of the comics. Bad but easy to make fun of. Fans hear the name Ben Reilly and shudder but I think he's earned his redemption.

I'm a Ben Reilly fan and he usually gets the dopest costumes too.

I'm excited!

Ben was always my favorite Spiderman back in the 90's, so I'm for whatever they have planned.
Hell yeah. Also still love your avatar!!

The Clone Saga made me give up comics for about 10 years (1995 to 2005 ish), so pass on this I think.
I don't think the Clone Saga should be blamed on Ben as a character. He also had some awesome moments outside of the Clone Saga and I feel like people have come around to him.

The Star Wars prequels are junk but there are still a lot of awesome characters within them that have been redeemed in other works.

Give Ben a chance!!

NDA-Man

Mar 23, 2020
Right? I thought the first few posts were ironic...

I'm serious about wanting Kaine back, solely because I really did enjoy the 2012 series with him. It's interesting as a story of a guy who had been something of a monstrous dirtbag, with a new lease on life, struggling between urges to be a better person, a desire just to run the fuck away, and knowledge that everything is going to come down on his head as soon as that past catches up to him was a fun read. It veered into edgelord territory at times, but usually managed to take the pass out of its lead fairly regularly.

Like... all of the backstory stuff--the clone saga and spider island, the Other, was never stuff I enjoyed, but blending it together was fun.

ZeoVGM

Oct 25, 2017
Providence, RI
Right? I thought the first few posts were ironic...

Nope. The Clone Saga is very divisive. It's messy and went on too long but by the end, it had a number of beats that some fans became attached too.

The Clone Saga started the same time the 90s cartoon did, so any kid who loved that and wanted to get into the comics, such as myself, was immediately greeted with it.

My dad knew I was really into the cartoon so he stopped at a comic store one day and bought my first ever comic:

554419.jpg