• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

delete12345

One Winged Slayer
Nov 17, 2017
Boston, MA
Minecraft Official Jira Bug Tracker, sorted

I just find it amazing to see these old bugs with over 100+ versions being tracked for this game, since Minecraft 1.4.1. This is when the public Jira bug tracker is opened up for everyone to report bugs.

Technically, they can close all of those bug tickets and be done with them. I still appreciate the older tickets just for the technical history of the game itself.

I can probably say these active bugs are just too hard to fix, or it's just there for posterity.

collige

Oct 31, 2017

Holy shit I had to deal with this exact same problem like a month ago and it was a massive headache. Fucking Java.

I can probably say these active bugs are just too hard to fix, or it's just there for posterity.
Since they made it public facing it kind of works as a known issues list so closing the tickets as "won't fix" would probably just lead to someone re-reporting a bug.

OP
OP
delete12345

delete12345

One Winged Slayer
Nov 17, 2017
Boston, MA

Holy shit I had to deal with this exact same problem like a month ago and it was a massive headache. Fucking Java.

The fact that the latest Java recommends reading the PROPERTIES file in UTF-8, but you're still having encoding issues even in the latest snapshot, is interesting. Maybe the server code hasn't been touched in a while.

collige

Oct 31, 2017
The fact that the latest Java recommends reading the PROPERTIES file in UTF-8, but you're still having encoding issues even in the latest snapshot, is interesting. Maybe the server code hasn't been touched in a while.
It was on an older app and I didn't have direct access to the actual file API call since it's handled by an internationalization library.

Zuly

Oct 26, 2017
Puerto Rico
code is nuts, arcane, and fragile

you fix one thing, you break 5 others
FTvcEDe.gif