• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Slash

One Winged Slayer
Banned
Sep 12, 2018

E-Hy89SX0AEHbZ4

Featuring Woody Harrselson with this beautiful face:
E-H1tmpXsAQe1SE

Syf

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
USA
i don't care how bad this is my inner child just can't wait to see live action carnage

VAD

Oct 28, 2017
I mean the main differentiator between them is that one sticks his tongue out all the time and the other almost never. I wanted live action Carnage but not like this dammit!!

BassForever

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
CT
Those cg artist need to make carnage more red. It's hard to tell them apart in the poster I'm worried the fight between them is gonna be a mess. I'm also color blind but it seems I'm not the only person concerned about it.

MrCibb

Dec 12, 2018
UK
Woody's face is like mine when my girlfriend blames her sister for eating the last bit of cake and I just sit there silently knowing it was really me.

I actually like that poster tbh.

Biestmann

Oct 25, 2017
Man, that's bad. But when you think about, that's pretty amazing for the series we are talking about. Can't wait!

K' Dash

Banned
Nov 10, 2017
Sony should stop this nonsense. Let Marvel do their thing and collect their share, as soon as this shit touches the MCU the whole thing is gonna be cursed, lol.

CONCHOBAR

Oct 25, 2017
Wow that's a bad poster.

• Oversharpened (though maybe this is just Twitter?)
  • Woody Harrelson's face
  • 7 figures, but only 4 characters
  • Actor's names on the wrong sides (I understand top-billed actor goes on the left so it's the first thing you read... but then they should've designed the poster so Venom is on the same side)

The Artisan

"Angels are singing in monasteries..."
Oct 27, 2017
I'm really not digging that Carnage design. His teeth should be part of his face, not in his mouth. And he usually doesn't have a prominent tongue. He basically looks like Venom if Venom was red but in the comics (and most other adaptations) his face is made distinct enough from Venom's to be its own, yet still meant to be terrifying.

Why did they ignore all of that and take the easy way out?

Odesu

Oct 26, 2017
The Venom movies look like the last remnants of those bad early 2000s comic movies a la Daredevil. Every part of it, including the marketing.

Also, lol at the villain looking almost 100% exactly the same as the...uh, hero?

Bane

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Man, modern movie posters just suck. I miss when I would look forward to seeing them.

Oct 25, 2017
Atlanta GA
I'm really not digging that Carnage design. His teeth should be part of his face, not in his mouth. And he usually doesn't have a prominent tongue. He basically looks like Venom if Venom was red but in the comics (and most other adaptations) his face is made distinct enough from Venom's to be its own, yet still meant to be terrifying.

Why did they ignore all of that and take the easy way out?

They're doing some weird shit with Carnage here. Like I guess the symbiote is in his blood or something because it doesn't cover his body like in the comics, he straight up transforms into Carnage and it looks really off

zma1013

Oct 27, 2017
I don't know how you make 2 different movies where the monsters look virtually identical to each other.