• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Lube Man

Alt-Account
Banned
Jan 18, 2021
All yours, OP

F7ErUCN.jpg
Metal Gear Soda. Now that was fun.

Deleted member 721

User-requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
next metal gear is in development will be a horror psychologic game starring psycho mantis in a small town with fog, that had a hidden research center with metal gear and super soldiers that suffered an accident, developed by kojima starring keanu reeves as psycho mantis
silent metal gear

PancakeFlip

Oct 26, 2017
Just brand maintenance. Social media managers sit there with all of these accounts at their fingertips and just decide to post something for a bit of engagement.
I don't really care unless there's a possibility for a full blown remake, but at the places I've worked this doesn't seem like it makes sense to pointlessly do? Social media guys typically need some kind of direction before doing stuff like this, especially for something dead.

cvbas

Oct 25, 2017
Brazil
I strongly doubt Konami is just interacting in-character with a random fan account. This seems like pretty obvious viral marketing to me.

Not that it will lead to anything spectacular, mind you. Quick ports of the HD Collection to PS5/Steam/Xbox are all I expect.

Extra Sauce

Oct 27, 2017
for the love of god konami, give me the collection on all platforms.

as someone who never played the Metal Gear series and thought Death Stranding was the best video game I played in a decade (not mentioning PT being the scariest video game I ever played), this, this right here is all I want for Christmas.

Ariakon44

Prophet of Truth
Nov 17, 2020
It seems like a pretty innocent Twitter exchange to me. Would be awesome if I'm wrong, though.

liquidtmd

Avenger
Oct 28, 2017
I want 1-4 Playable on current gen, 4k 60fps
Not that it will lead to anything spectacular, mind you. Quick ports of the HD Collection to PS5/Steam/Xbox are all I expect.

At this point, if it included 1 as well, I'd absolutely take it

Native 4k 60 MGS 1-3 in an easy to play current gen form will always have my monies

NateDog

Jan 8, 2018
I've been itching to play MGS again, just bought the Legacy edition on PS3 last week actually. What I'm saying is, I'm ready to be disappointed again, Konami.

Tonswelt

Aug 25, 2018
Germany
Just yesterday I downloaded RPCS3 to play the HD collection. I'd definitely prefer if we'd get some official ports... But yeah. Konami still is Konami.

PSOreo

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Konami won't deliver what we want. I've went through all the stages of MGS grief and now happily in acceptance. I'm happy with my Legacy Collection but I would love a current or even previous gen direct port. The only thing they'd have to find a way around is the pressure sensitive face button controls. The adaptive triggers seem ripe for this.

Kopite

Oct 28, 2017
Why would you remake MGS2 instead of 1 or MG? It's a HD collection port if it's anything at all

erlim

Oct 26, 2017
London
I reckon it's not any sort of remaster, collection, and certainly not a new game (since this is Konami we are talking about), but it's weird they are are even resourcing somebody to post strange in-character tweets for a dead series.

Last edited:

Deleted member 7148

Oct 25, 2017
Watch it be a Metal Gear Survive next gen patch or some shit.

Koklusz

Oct 27, 2017
It might be nothing, but whoever is running the Tom Olsen account is able to use free cam and spawn / despawn characters. Not sure if someone managed to hack HD collection to do that.

Pankratous

Oct 26, 2017
Oh my god, dream come true?

1/2/3/4 remastered and 5 delisted from all stores and recalled, then shoved into a dark corner and we go back to the before times where it didn't happen!?

Serpens007

Well, Tosca isn't for everyone
Oct 31, 2017
Chile
I'd be amazed if it was anything to do with Bluepoint's remake of the original game, since all the tweets are MGS2-based. Not unless they're going to pull a Mafia and include updated but not remade versions of 2 and 3 in the package (and I wouldn't complain about that).

I'm calling that it's finally the release of Metal Gear Solid X.

4kawsfwh4sr61.jpg

Or failing that, an announcement of an announcement. "KEPT YA WAITING, HUH? METAL GEAR SOLID RETURNS... MORE INFORMATION IN JUNE."

God I always wanted this.

I've been replaying the MGS HD Collection on the PS3, so this would be the perfect time to announce a next gen port. But nothing will come out of this

B78W6hxIQAA-HUk.jpg

Butch

Oct 27, 2017
Random and very unlikely guess given that this is probably nothing,

MGS4 on PC... Epic exclusive. Probably a collection of all the others as well.

Kazuhira

Oct 26, 2017
No idea what this is all about, mgs2 incident was during april 29 but the tweet hints about something next week.
Are they going announce a new port of mgs2 next week? and the release date is the 29?
No energy to get excited about this tho, i'll just believe it's something stupid.

CrackaFett

The Fallen
Oct 29, 2017
No idea what this is all about, mgs2 incident was during april 29 but the tweet hints about something next week.
Are they going announce a new port of mgs2 next week? and the release date is the 29?
No energy to get excited about this tho, i'll just believe it's something stupid.
"Do you know what day it is tomorrow?!"