• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Deleted member 2802

Community Resetter
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Do Krispy Kreme cake donuts taste as good as their original dough ones?

cake
Traditional-Cake.aspx

OG
Original-Glazed-Doughnut.aspx

The Albatross

Oct 25, 2017
So..... I've got a question about the old site but I don't want to go back there to login or anything, so I thought I'd ask it here incase anybody knew.

On this site, users can request a ban and request that their name be deleted/changed to "Deleted User 1234." Does that exist similarly on the old site? I hate making performative "PLEASE BAN ME" posts, I think they just bring up undo drama and I don't really feel like posting over there. Does anybody know if there's a feature or link on the site I can self-request that? If you don't want to reply in thread to avoid drama please DM me about it.

ALso I know that this site isn't the old site, but jsut... I know there's a lot of crossover here and there and the software is the same... so hoping someone may know.

Oct 30, 2017
Quick question: anyone agree that the new xbox phone application has ruined the touch screen input? I mean, it super unresponsive now and I have to try 3-4 time to swipe in any direction before it moves... also pressing A is not consistent as well. It used to be much better with the previous version. Anyone agreeing with this?

DarkChronic

Oct 27, 2017
The new Destiny expansion, Beyond Light .. do we know generally what "size" expansion this is? Is this more Taken King size or Rise of Iron size?

Nostremitus

Nov 15, 2017
Alabama
The new Destiny expansion, Beyond Light .. do we know generally what "size" expansion this is? Is this more Taken King size or Rise of Iron size?
Supposedly the transition to what would have been "Destiny 3" sized. They decided that instead of releasing a new game and splitting the playerbase again, that they'd turn Destiny 2 into the new game instead. So hard to tell...

Fleck0

Oct 25, 2017
You were right!!

www.youtube.com

Spooky Scherzo - Ren and Stimpy Production Music

Production music from Ren and Stimpy.
www.youtube.com

APM MUSIC Sam Fonteyn - Spooky Scherzo

The last of the three APM songs I've re-uploaded. This one I fondly remember hearing in many Halloween episodes of Nickelodeon shows back in the 90s, such as...

Spooky Scherzo by Sam Fonteyn!

The mystery is solved!! Apparently it was used in quite a few cartoons... .... and in toonstruck itself... 😅
It doesn't appear to be on spotify, but thankfully youtube has at least a couple of uploads of it! Thank you for searching, and pointing me in the right direction! After all these years... whew...

Now, there is a Ren and Stimpy playlist on Spotify that I'm gonna have to finish checking out see if there's any other good ones 😉
Awesome!!

Oct 28, 2017
Still though, if "up to 6mbps" is available why am I only getting 2
Pretty much a bit to byte unit conversion. 8 bits = 1 byte. Also Mbps is Megabits per second vs MBps which is Megabytes per second.
www.howtogeek.com

Why Is My Download Speed Slower Than the Internet I Pay For?

Your ISP advertises a 40 megabit per second connection, but that doesn’t look anything like the download speed you see when you’re grabbing a big file. What’s the deal? Are you not getting all the bandwidth you’re paying for?

RatskyWatsky

Are we human or are we dancer?
Oct 25, 2017
Pretty much a bit to byte unit conversion. 8 bits = 1 byte. Also Mbps is Megabits per second vs MBps which is Megabytes per second.
www.howtogeek.com

Why Is My Download Speed Slower Than the Internet I Pay For?

Your ISP advertises a 40 megabit per second connection, but that doesn’t look anything like the download speed you see when you’re grabbing a big file. What’s the deal? Are you not getting all the bandwidth you’re paying for?

Hmm, looks like I'll have to contact my ISP according to your link. Thanks!

I am a Bird

Oct 31, 2017
Hey I'm working on a small electrical project, and I need to add some LEDs, would anyone here know a good recourse for learning how to wire LEDs in series or parallel?

Nikus

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
The US Election OT is almost a thousand pages, damn.
I'm wondering why there hasn't been an OT2? I remember on the old forum we had to make one every 400 pages otherwise there could be bugs? And OT here are closed way before 1000 pages to make new ones. I'm just curious about why ^^;

weemadarthur

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
The US Election OT is almost a thousand pages, damn.
I'm wondering why there hasn't been an OT2? I remember on the old forum we had to make one every 400 pages otherwise there could be bugs? And OT here are closed way before 1000 pages to make new ones. I'm just curious about why ^^;
They used to be closed around 20000 posts due to software inefficiency. They got terrible slowdown around that point.

Resetera mostly replaces OTs because the community wants a refresh and not because it's necessary for usage. It was discussed somewhere on the tech board.

Ottaro

Oct 25, 2017
Does anyone know of a site/service that compiles streaming services together?? Like, i would tell it that i have netflix and hbo and it would show me everything available to watch across both platforms? Or even just a site that tells me where particular movies are streaming on various services would be helpful..

NateDog

Jan 8, 2018
Does anyone know of a site/service that compiles streaming services together?? Like, i would tell it that i have netflix and hbo and it would show me everything available to watch across both platforms? Or even just a site that tells me where particular movies are streaming on various services would be helpful..
Not sure about the first but https://www.justwatch.com is good for the latter, even tells you the price of streaming something if not on a subscription.

The Albatross

Oct 25, 2017
Is there a way, either natively or w/ google or something, to find all posts by a user in a particular thread?

Someone replied to me in the Xbox preorder thread with this link to a website that checks "walk in purchase only" stock at retailers like Target, Best Buy, etc. I repleid to the person saying "Thanks!" but... a month later I can't find the link to the site, or the post. It's too late to check my notifications, and the thread is 360+ pages long.

Any functionality like that? Like a "find all posts by [me] in [thread]" functionality?

Number45

Oct 25, 2017
Is there a way, either natively or w/ google or something, to find all posts by a user in a particular thread?

Someone replied to me in the Xbox preorder thread with this link to a website that checks "walk in purchase only" stock at retailers like Target, Best Buy, etc. I repleid to the person saying "Thanks!" but... a month later I can't find the link to the site, or the post. It's too late to check my notifications, and the thread is 360+ pages long.

Any functionality like that? Like a "find all posts by [me] in [thread]" functionality?
Looks like Search > This Thread > By Member should do this.

y2kyle89

Mar 16, 2018
Mass
In the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles theme, the Heroes in a Half-shell part. I get it's because they are turtles but it's a play on words, right? What's a half-shell?

weemadarthur

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
In the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles theme, the Heroes in a Half-shell part. I get it's because they are turtles but it's a play on words, right? What's a half-shell?
It's a term used for serving seafood, like oysters. Rather than being fully shucked, they can be left in one half of the shell and eaten.

At least, I don't know of any other uses of the term. XD

WhovianGamer

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
How do I get a pop-up box to appear in Microsoft Excel before the user can edit/input data? I want to add a quick developer note so people don't do mad things.

Croc Man

Oct 27, 2017
You know when people use a legit issue to cover for the real reason they want something, is there a name for that?

For example business leaders arguing against lockdown on mental health grounds when they couldn't care less and just want to make more money.

woo

Nov 11, 2017
You know when people use a legit issue to cover for the real reason they want something, is there a name for that?

For example business leaders arguing against lockdown on mental health grounds when they couldn't care less and just want to make more money.

The word 'duplicitous' popped into my head but I don't think that it precisely expresses what you had in mind. 'Agenda driven' and 'ideologically possessed' also came to mind. I can't think of a word or phrase which precisely encapsulates your example but I would be interested in knowing it if there is. The way things work, however, someone is likely to come up with one that catches on and enters the realm of accepted verbiage. I learnt a new word yesterday, for example, 'cuttlefishing'.

Lucky Forward

Oct 27, 2017

...Or maybe, "ulterior motive".

As in, "He says it's about mental health, but his ulterior motive is just making more money."

woo

Nov 11, 2017
I read online somewhere recently that Italians have a custom of going for a walk without any purpose in mind, purely for the pleasure of walking. I can't for the life of me remember where I saw it and it's bugging me. Does anyone know what this word would be?

Stencil

Oct 30, 2017
USA
How come I can't for the life of me get my Netgear Nighthawk router to act as an Access Point (? I just want to extend the signal into my basement) for my Centurylink router?

I've googled but I have no idea how any of this shit works...

PtM

Banned
Dec 7, 2017

A hypocritical argument?

Randam

Oct 27, 2017
Germany
is there a way to subscripe to threads without getting any notifications, every time a new post is made?

just so I can find all my favorite threads faster, when there weren't any new posts in a couple of hours or days.

"watching" a thread gives me to many notifications.. :/

Vert boil

Oct 27, 2017
blackpool, england

Trainrot

Nov 5, 2020
I read online somewhere recently that Italians have a custom of going for a walk without any purpose in mind, purely for the pleasure of walking. I can't for the life of me remember where I saw it and it's bugging me. Does anyone know what this word would be?

Could the word be Passeggiata? I am not 100% sure, but I think this is it.

Jambi

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Is the option to remove the sidebar and stretch out forum views gone? I hate having the side bar up and there used to be an option to remove it but when I got online today the sidebar was back and I can't seem to find the option to remove it again.

Number45

Oct 25, 2017
Is the option to remove the sidebar and stretch out forum views gone? I hate having the side bar up and there used to be an option to remove it but when I got online today the sidebar was back and I can't seem to find the option to remove it again.
You should just be able to click the hamburger (top left, next to the forum icon) to get rid of the menu and then click the arrows (bottom left, next to the theme switcher) to expand it to the whole width of your browser window.

Judau

Oct 28, 2017
Does anyone here happen to have a Panasonic VSX-933 A/V receiver? I have some questions regarding passthrough options for the Series X. If anyone has answers, could you please PM me?

woo

Nov 11, 2017
I am currently playing a 3D action game (Dauntless) on Switch where the left stick is configured for avatar movement and left click re-centers the camera on the beastie with right stick controlling the camera. However, in the last few days I have had an intermittent problem where either clicking the left stick or pushing up on the left stick to move my avatar forward causes the camera to either give me a top down view of the ground or the sky. My thumb is nowhere near the right stick so am I experiencing the infamous joycon drift or is it a game bug?