• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

woo

Nov 11, 2017
When you setup the payment via Paypal you should have a choice of how you want the payment to be taken, it's been a while since I've setup a recurring payment on Paypal so I'm not sure the exact process.

You don't need any balance in your Paypal account though.

Got it. Thanks so much.

Sunster

The Fallen
Oct 5, 2018
if the motherboard i just bought for the pc i'm building has 2 fan headers can I still have 3 case fans plus 1 over the cpu?

Rainy

Oct 25, 2017
So do other people get dry mouth after keeping their AC on all night? I've been waking up super thirsty and parched.

Is a humidifier the solution here? Anyone have recommendations?

More_Badass

Oct 25, 2017
Have a movie app that's HDMI Adaptor-compatable, and mirroring worked earlier in the day but now my iPad screen won't mirror only the audio. Any ideas why the mirroring might not be working now when it did earlier?

DarthWoo

Oct 27, 2017
Planning to swap out my old 1TB HDD for a 2TB SSD tomorrow. Do I need to uninstall licensed software like Clip Studio Paint and Corel Paint before I do that in order to reclaim my licenses for when I reinstall them on the new drive or are the licenses linked to the mobo somehow?

Also, if something goes wrong with the new drive, as long as I don't format my old drive, I could just pop it right back in and it should start back up as if I'd never swapped it out, right?

Number45

Oct 25, 2017
Planning to swap out my old 1TB HDD for a 2TB SSD tomorrow. Do I need to uninstall licensed software like Clip Studio Paint and Corel Paint before I do that in order to reclaim my licenses for when I reinstall them on the new drive or are the licenses linked to the mobo somehow?
Unfortunately it's going to differ from product to product - some you might need to deactivate from the software, others you might need to deactivate from a web portal (O365 is like this) and yet others will just be a licence string that you have to enter.

Also, if something goes wrong with the new drive, as long as I don't format my old drive, I could just pop it right back in and it should start back up as if I'd never swapped it out, right?
Yeah this should be fine depending on what you needed to do to reclaim licences in the first place.

Siyou

Oct 27, 2017
This is probably a weird place to put this question, but I don't know where to put it. Being from Michigan and having local hairdressers up at arms with the governor, what's a good counter argument to people who blame her for their financial issues?

Deleted member 21411

Account closed at user request
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
I got a situation I just want someone's take.

I'm currently a victim of workplace hurassment and the job is low pay enough I'm ready to move on. Now I have been contacted for a final interview of a customer service job which pays more which is FANTASTIC.

Problem is that 1. It's very intense, very very intense. It's a position where every call is recorded and I am constantly given feed back. I also will be called in randomly which means I won't have a set schedule. It wouldn't be so bad but

2. I have c-ptsd and bpd and this job contains all of my triggers that leads to panic attacks. Turn over rate is 30-45 percent and I'm not stable.

With covid as a thing idk if I can find other work. I feel like no matter what I do it's gonna lead to a meltdown and I don't know what the appropriate move is

Nov 5, 2017
How do I make my Samsung HDTV automatically switch to optical out instead of sound through the TV speakers? I switch it but it always reverts back. Only way I figured out is to turn on my soundbar before turning on the TV. Works that way but isn't guaranteed.

I got a situation I just want someone's take.

I'm currently a victim of workplace hurassment and the job is low pay enough I'm ready to move on. Now I have been contacted for a final interview of a customer service job which pays more which is FANTASTIC.

Problem is that 1. It's very intense, very very intense. It's a position where every call is recorded and I am constantly given feed back. I also will be called in randomly which means I won't have a set schedule. It wouldn't be so bad but

2. I have c-ptsd and bpd and this job contains all of my triggers that leads to panic attacks. Turn over rate is 30-45 percent and I'm not stable.

With covid as a thing idk if I can find other work. I feel like no matter what I do it's gonna lead to a meltdown and I don't know what the appropriate move is
This is a tough one. Part of me says give it a try for a few days and see if it works. However, if you give it a try and it doesn't work, you believe it'll be hard to find something else, which leads to you staying at this new job until you find something new. That'll definitely be harmful. If it doesn't work out and you can't find another job immediately, would quitting until you find one be financially harmful to you? Would you be able to live off savings for a bit?

Sunster

The Fallen
Oct 5, 2018
This is probably a weird place to put this question, but I don't know where to put it. Being from Michigan and having local hairdressers up at arms with the governor, what's a good counter argument to people who blame her for their financial issues?
People's lives are more important than your business sns

Sunster

The Fallen
Oct 5, 2018
Couldn't agree more. It's so frustrating that it's all about themselves and not everyone.
like if I'm choosing between my auntie or an infinite number of other people's auntie's possibly dying or you paying rent at your salon? Yeah I'm gonna go ahead and say we need to keep following the CDC guidelines. We aren't ANY safer than we were 3 months ago. The only difference is that now hospitals are better prepared.

Deleted member 21411

Account closed at user request
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
How do I make my Samsung HDTV automatically switch to optical out instead of sound through the TV speakers? I switch it but it always reverts back. Only way I figured out is to turn on my soundbar before turning on the TV. Works that way but isn't guaranteed.

This is a tough one. Part of me says give it a try for a few days and see if it works. However, if you give it a try and it doesn't work, you believe it'll be hard to find something else, which leads to you staying at this new job until you find something new. That'll definitely be harmful. If it doesn't work out and you can't find another job immediately, would quitting until you find one be financially harmful to you? Would you be able to live off savings for a bit?
Unfortunately no. At my current job I barely make enough money as it is. Ultimately what I want to do is work somewhere, make just enough to move of my childhood bedroom, and learn programming or a real skill (which I'm currently attempting to do now but this home is also very much the source of my c-ptsd so.... It's not easy to learn here). I have a degree but unfortunately it's become obvious there was no real job in it.

It's very much a victim of my location having no real job opportunities so the only things available just do not pay enough.

Siyou

Oct 27, 2017
like if I'm choosing between my auntie or an infinite number of other people's auntie's possibly dying or you paying rent at your salon? Yeah I'm gonna go ahead and say we need to keep following the CDC guidelines. We aren't ANY safer than we were 3 months ago. The only difference is that now hospitals are better prepared.
Absolutely. In Michigan it feels like our governor has gotten an unfair fate of being blamed at the start, and I'm pissed.

Midas

Oct 27, 2017
I have a memory of some animated movie/series I saw when I was a kid. It was some bears in a cave/prison at some part being rescued. It could've been care bears, but looking at care bears stuff, it doesn't seem like it. Memories can be strange though, so maybe it was care bears. But if anyone have any suggestions of kids movies/shows with some bear looking creatures trapped in a prison (which looked like a cave?) let me know.

T0M

Alt-Account
Banned
Aug 13, 2019
What's a good newspaper to subscribe to that's DC-based? Probably gonna end my Amazon Prime sub since I don't use it enough. Is WaPo the golden standard? Or maybe USA Today?

Deleted member 8860

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
What's a good newspaper to subscribe to that's DC-based? Probably gonna end my Amazon Prime sub since I don't use it enough. Is WaPo the golden standard? Or maybe USA Today?

For all its flaws, WaPo is the gold standard. It's the best major newspaper in the US and a no-brainer if you're in the DMV region.

USA Today is just fluff.

davepoobond

Oct 25, 2017
www.squackle.com
so, my headphones will leave oil on paper/napkins if i put them on top after use. presumably this is from my skin that soaks into the material

question is: should i be doing this so that the oil is removed from the headphones or is this a BAD thing to do for the longevity of the headphone material?

Ringten

Nov 15, 2017
Stupid question here...

But is there a way to post pictures/videos here, directly from your phone storage?

I only know how to insert links etc...

Number45

Oct 25, 2017
Stupid question here...

But is there a way to post pictures/videos here, directly from your phone storage?

I only know how to insert links etc...
I don't think there's a way to upload directly to the site, but you can use something like the Imgur app on your phone and grab a link straight from there.

Samuel

Oct 27, 2017
I'm looking the name of a trope typically seen in anime where the girl is so impressed by seemingly trivial things, like how to cook or how to use a computer, and becomes dependent on the male protagonist to take care of her and teach her how to be a functioning person. And she falls in love with him or whatever.

The girl is often an alien or a goddess or a robot trying to learn how to be human, or maybe a girl with amnesia, or just someone with a child like innocence. I think this trope is meant for the audience to insert themselves into the story as the male protagonist so they can fantasize about winning the affection of someone beautiful and pure (?) with as little effort or expertise as possible. A kind of wish fulfillment.

I think I saw the name of this trope somewhere on Youtube but I can't find anything on it..

Anyone know what I'm talking about?

Yourfawthaaa

Nov 2, 2017
Bronx, NY
To those of you that live in boston,

Is south Station Operational at the moment? I need to take a bus to Nashua from south station but im unsure if i actually can.

woo

Nov 11, 2017
Found that one in the mean time but then its a guess work on who to contact for what and who is active at what moment.

Well good luck then I guess. I suppose you could pick a username, check their profile and see from their post history if they are online at that time. Only thing I can think of to suggest.

Gotchaforce

Oct 31, 2017
I got a new TV, TCL 65 inch. The stands are on two different desks (long story). It's maybe just a smidge higher on one side than the other. I'm talking not even noticeable. But my dad is convinced its bad for the tv to be not perfectly balanced. I think it's fine. What say y'all?

Nov 27, 2017
To those of you that live in boston,

Is south Station Operational at the moment? I need to take a bus to Nashua from south station but im unsure if i actually can.

I believe the station itself is open, as all the subway and train lines are running. You should probably verify with your bus line to make sure everything is going as scheduled though.

Number45

Oct 25, 2017
I got a new TV, TCL 65 inch. The stands are on two different desks (long story). It's maybe just a smidge higher on one side than the other. I'm talking not even noticeable. But my dad is convinced its bad for the tv to be not perfectly balanced. I think it's fine. What say y'all?
I don't see why it would be bad for the TV... but it not being 100% flat would a) annoy me immensely when looking at it and b) surely be some kind of accident waiting to happen?

FluxWaveZ

Persona Central
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
When you're in support chat with someone and they answer your question and it's all good, is it more polite for you to say thank you and immediately close the chat window, or to say thank you and potentially wait minutes for them to go, "You're welcome, is there anything else I can do?"

weemadarthur

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
When you're in support chat with someone and they answer your question and it's all good, is it more polite for you to say thank you and immediately close the chat window, or to say thank you and potentially wait minutes for them to go, "You're welcome, is there anything else I can do?"
Both are equally polite and shouldn't harm their career.

So choose how much time you've got.

T0M

Alt-Account
Banned
Aug 13, 2019
Anyone apply body powder to their sack/buttcrack on a daily basis?

It's been a revelation with reducing sweat and musk especially in this summer heat. Have you had any adverse effects from doing it on the daily after a shower?

Number45

Oct 25, 2017
Anyone apply body powder to their sack/buttcrack on a daily basis?

It's been a revelation with reducing sweat and musk especially in this summer heat. Have you had any adverse effects from doing it on the daily after a shower?
I do this after showing, but more because I'm terrible at drying myself properly and it sometimes caused me irritation. Been doing it for years now without any problems.

EDIT: I use medicated talc which I'm guessing is much the same.

The Artisan

"Angels are singing in monasteries..."
Oct 27, 2017
I wanna get a new phone for my uncle for Father's day. He has a Galaxy S5 on Verizon. I was thinking of getting him either the Galaxy A70, A71, the Note 10 Lite, or S10 Lite. The problem I think is that all those phones are only GSM only, and I'm pretty sure Verizon is CDMA. I don't know what either of those things mean and I called Verizon customer service. They said as long as the phone I buy is factory unlocked, it can be activated on Verizon. It doesn't matter if it's GSM unlocked.

Is this true?

Oct 28, 2017
As a project, I want to set up an old laptop of mine to be like a media center, mostly for streaming media like Netflix and YouTube. The key part is having a "game console" or Roku like interface that I could use an air mouse remote with easily. The problem is, most of the guides I find on Google involve using Kodi, which doesn't appear to have an easy way to set up Netflix on it legitimately. Is there a way to do what I described, but more within Windows 10, or at least not by using Kodi?

Adder7806

Dec 16, 2018
Need help posting pictures on ERA. I uploaded them to my Facebook account. I click the ad picture button and it gives me back a technical error. Posting random internet photos still works. Any ideas? Keep in mind these are kitten photos.

Number45

Oct 25, 2017
Need help posting pictures on ERA. I uploaded them to my Facebook account. I click the ad picture button and it gives me back a technical error. Posting random internet photos still works. Any ideas? Keep in mind these are kitten photos.
A lot of places don't give you a direct link to the image when you ask it, but a link to a web page with the image on it - if it's like that the forum software won't recognise it as an image and will throw an error. Can you post the link that you're trying to use?

T002 Tyrant

Nov 8, 2018
If gravity suddenly stopped working would we just float upward into space or would everything be neutrality buoyant?

Ringten

Nov 15, 2017
If gravity suddenly stopped working would we just float upward into space or would everything be neutrality buoyant?

Yep. We would fly off. Have a read :)

BBC Earth | Environment, Climate Change, AI, Food, Health, Social, & Technology

As we face the world’s greatest environmental challenges, BBC Earth brings you solutions in psychology, food, climate change, health, social trends, and technology that can make the world a more sustainable place.

Adder7806

Dec 16, 2018
A lot of places don't give you a direct link to the image when you ask it, but a link to a web page with the image on it - if it's like that the forum software won't recognise it as an image and will throw an error. Can you post the link that you're trying to use?

Thank you for your help. This is what I get when I copy image location.

Number45

Oct 25, 2017
Actually if you go to that page you've linked then right click on the image it gives you a different link and that seems to work. :)

The new link is: 105349340_10223367530921070_3673960644865891667_o.jpg

Example below:

105349340_10223367530921070_3673960644865891667_o.jpg

You should also be able to manually manipulate it by removing everything after the question mark in the initial link that you posted.

https://scontent-lax3-1.xx.fbcdn.net/v/t1.0-9/105349340_10223367530921070_3673960644865891667_o.jpg

mattiewheels

Oct 27, 2017
Whenever I post a news story, I can't figure out how to get the embedded preview with the image in it. And when I try to put the link in the media option it doesn't recognize.

I looked at the code and "unfurl" seems to be the command, but when I use those flags on my link it doesn't do anything either. What do you guys do?

Adder7806

Dec 16, 2018
Actually if you go to that page you've linked then right click on the image it gives you a different link and that seems to work. :)

The new link is: 105349340_10223367530921070_3673960644865891667_o.jpg

Example below:

105349340_10223367530921070_3673960644865891667_o.jpg

You should also be able to manually manipulate it by removing everything after the question mark in the initial link that you posted.

https://scontent-lax3-1.xx.fbcdn.net/v/t1.0-9/105349340_10223367530921070_3673960644865891667_o.jpg

It's still throwing up an error for me. Even the new link you posted.

Drain You

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 27, 2017
Connecticut
I live in a three family house, first floor. Is it rude that I go out and grill at random hours of the night? The people on the 2nd floor have an infant so I try to be as courteous as I can.