• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Chrno

Oct 25, 2017
for a while I have been getting bit overnight while I sleep. Initially I thought ants/bedbugs but I have literally turned my bed upside down, stripped it of all sheets/bedding and inspected every crevice of the mattress. There are 0 traces of any insects and I'm not sure wth is going on. Any ideas?

Munti

Oct 26, 2017
To med-people:
It is well known that an unhealthy lifestyle, permanent high stress, bad sleep habits and alcohol excesses can cause serious issues to your body (and strkes and heart attacks).
If someone had all this for years/decades(!) since young age, but manages later to have a healthy lifestyle, will the body recover all from this, or is the damage irreparable and the person can expect facing issues sooner or later?

Guppeth

Oct 25, 2017
Sheffield, UK
When people recommend that you not wash your hair every day, do they mean shampoo and conditioner, or straight up don't get your hair wet?
It's also very common to condition every day but not shampoo, especially if you have curly hair. I shampoo once a week. Some people never or almost never use it and only use conditioners.

www.cosmopolitan.com

Why Co-Washing Can Give You the Best Hair of Your *Life*

And here’s exactly how to do it like a pro.

I got one nose hair that's too long but I dont wanna buy a trimmer for 1 hair. Can't seem to yank it what should I do, call the police?
Don't you have tweezers? Some very pointy scissors would also work but tweezers are the best.

But that one hair will soon be two, will soon be twenty, will soon be hundreds. So maybe buy that trimmer after all.

Last edited:

weemadarthur

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
To med-people:
It is well known that an unhealthy lifestyle, permanent high stress, bad sleep habits and alcohol excesses can cause serious issues to your body (and strkes and heart attacks).
If someone had all this for years/decades(!) since young age, but manages later to have a healthy lifestyle, will the body recover all from this, or is the damage irreparable and the person can expect facing issues sooner or later?
The body rebounds quite well, and common risks are lowered (like heart disease), at typical intervals. But probably not to the theoretical 100% that the same person might have had with a healthier lifestyle.

woo

Nov 11, 2017
for a while I have been getting bit overnight while I sleep. Initially I thought ants/bedbugs but I have literally turned my bed upside down, stripped it of all sheets/bedding and inspected every crevice of the mattress. There are 0 traces of any insects and I'm not sure wth is going on. Any ideas?

Mosquitos and/or cat/dog fleas would be my guess.

To med-people:

The human body is astonishingly resilient. It can put up with decades of mistreatment and still keep on ticking. It varies due to the genetics of the individual but it can recover from a lot of abuse. Lungs can recover from years of smoke inhalation, the liver can recover from alcohol abuse, and so on. One has to really work at it to cause irreparable harm. However, trying to live a healthier lifestyle is preferrable not so much from this aspect but from the fact that the individual concerned with have a better quality of life.

Pikachu

Traded his Bone Marrow for Pizza
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
When looking for roommates as a young person in a transplant city, are the two requirements

1. at 9pm on a weeknight you shut up
2. no pot

that inconvenient?

Morrigan

Spear of the Metal Church
Oct 24, 2017
When people recommend that you not wash your hair every day, do they mean shampoo and conditioner, or straight up don't get your hair wet?
Depends on the type of hair. Not getting it wet is better in some cases.

When looking for roommates as a young person in a transplant city, are the two requirements

2. no pot

that inconvenient?
#2 no, #1... uh yes. That's not a common schedule.

woo

Nov 11, 2017

2. no pot

that inconvenient?

If that is what suits you then go for it. You might find someone who is well suited to that. If not you can always re-think and re-try. Just don't go all Sheldon on them with a legally binding roommate agreement or anything.

Pikachu

Traded his Bone Marrow for Pizza
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
To be clear I don't mean enforcing people go to bed at 9, but you're all in agreement that even asking at around 9 is when people retire to their bedrooms and keep their music to a level that doesn't permeate walls, or put headphones on is unreasonable? And laundry - that pisses me off very much when I'm going to bed and someone is just starting a load when they've been home for five hours and could have done it earlier.

Re transplant city - just a place a lot of young people move to after college, so many people are trying to find housing.

The thing is I am the only person staying in my apartment and I have to find two new people so I really do have final say over who gets it.

boi

Nov 1, 2017
There is a super cool French rap song from like the 90s or something which became world famous - but I don`t remember what it was called. Unfortunately I cannot remember the lyrics because my French is horrible, but I know it was world famous because I heard it on the radio. Anyone has a good wild guess?

woo

Nov 11, 2017
To be clear I don't mean enforcing people go to bed at 9, but you're all in agreement that even asking at around 9 is when people retire to their bedrooms and keep their music to a level that doesn't permeate walls, or put headphones on is unreasonable? And laundry - that pisses me off very much when I'm going to bed and someone is just starting a load when they've been home for five hours and could have done it earlier.

Re transplant city - just a place a lot of young people move to after college, so many people are trying to find housing.

The thing is I am the only person staying in my apartment and I have to find two new people so I really do have final say over who gets it.

I think your concerns are eminently reasonable and you are perfectly entitled to seek someone who would fit in well with you. If you can find a nice, quiet introvert then you would be well suited I think. Good luck!

Dash Kappei

Nov 1, 2017
Guys I'm going crazy here, help me out if you can.
Basically I'm managing a FB account (ugh) and posting in multiple languages (instead of using auto translate there's a function to write a post adding your own translation) but the emojis show up only for the "predetermined" language while on the others emojis appear as black question marks ??????.

Even copy/pasting the emoji from the ones showing to the added languages will brake them when I publish.

Tried adding a Chrome emoji extension or even accessing to the desktop version of FB from my iPhone so that I could use iOS' emojis but nope, same problem.

Help?
Little example here, as you can see even when you go edit the post the emoji are busted on the spanish and english ones while ok on the italian (first on top)
sAJWZuB.jpg

Last edited:

Ronin0510

Oct 27, 2017
So, I use Google play music. I had a playlist that lost some music. I understand that licenses change and all that. My problem is I lost a song but I dont know the name of nor do I know the artist! All I remember is that it's a Japanese singer but she sang in English. I think her name is Emi Meyer but she was featuring on the song. The refrain was " For you, For you" lol I know its terrible that that is all I can remember but it's what I have to go on. What would be the best way I could go about finding this song. Note my Google Fu is not good at all. Anyhow thanks for any input.

Caeda

Oct 25, 2017
Danbury, CT
How and why did the middle finger become the sign for "fuck you"? What's the equivalent in other countries, so I don't accidentally insult someone if I go abroad?

LastCaress

Avenger
Oct 29, 2017
Am I going to burn down my house? I'm trying to have a raspberry pi zero on full solar power. I think my setup uses about 500ma (even though they recommend 2A power supply). I have a 30W solar panel and a 14ah battery, but the cables I have connecting the battery to the mppt are very thin, rated for 2A max. Should I buy larger cables? Thanks.

MrMegaPhoenix

Oct 27, 2017
any ideas on how to get rid of flaky/dead skin on my face?

i got a little bit on my eyebrow, a tiny bit under my nose and a little bit near my cheek. none of is rubbing on glasses or anything like that and i've tried "not touching it" and ive tried "rubbing the flaky skin off to see if it helps it grow back properly" and using a hydration moisteriser but nothing is healing it so far.

any ideas of a chemical i can get from a pharmacy to look out for that might work? or really any solution? i'm not caring about perfect skin, just skin that doesnt look like its peeling every day :(

NateDog

Jan 8, 2018
any ideas on how to get rid of flaky/dead skin on my face?

i got a little bit on my eyebrow, a tiny bit under my nose and a little bit near my cheek. none of is rubbing on glasses or anything like that and i've tried "not touching it" and ive tried "rubbing the flaky skin off to see if it helps it grow back properly" and using a hydration moisteriser but nothing is healing it so far.

any ideas of a chemical i can get from a pharmacy to look out for that might work? or really any solution? i'm not caring about perfect skin, just skin that doesnt look like its peeling every day :(
How often do you wash / scrub your face? I used to have something similar, my partner gave me this, that and everything for it in terms of skincare products and I found they all tended to exacerbate the issue or give me other problems. I found just simply ensuring I gave my face a good wash while in the shower and outside of it with cold water if it was bad would generally do the job. Maybe that's just me though, she gets annoyed I don't want to use some of her stuff but I find after trying moisturisers and creams and etc. that if I then don't use them endlessly my skin gets really bad, while if I don't use them at all I tend to be fine.

FliX

Master of the Reality Stone
Oct 25, 2017
Metro Detroit
In a thread I created I cannot for the life of me figure out how to delete the poll and create a new one. Is that not possible and if it is, how?

Nov 8, 2017
This might be a stupid question, but is it weird/unusual to be able to tell by sight the order in which the lines are being drawn on a CRT TV/monitor? (e.g. from top to bottom, or from right to left on a portrait display, etc.)

Lucky Forward

Oct 27, 2017
I have an iPhone 7. I want to to send 6 photos with a text, but even though I select the pics from the album chronologically, when they are added to the text it scrambles the order.

Why doesn't it place the photos the same order they were selected? Anything I can do to re-order them?

MrMegaPhoenix

Oct 27, 2017
How often do you wash / scrub your face? I used to have something similar, my partner gave me this, that and everything for it in terms of skincare products and I found they all tended to exacerbate the issue or give me other problems. I found just simply ensuring I gave my face a good wash while in the shower and outside of it with cold water if it was bad would generally do the job. Maybe that's just me though, she gets annoyed I don't want to use some of her stuff but I find after trying moisturisers and creams and etc. that if I then don't use them endlessly my skin gets really bad, while if I don't use them at all I tend to be fine.
Once a day in the hot shower I rinse it without any soap, but yeah very rarely outside of that. I do notice the area is generally just red (not flaky white bits), so maybe that's connected.

Do you just use water? Or a typical face washing lotion also?

NateDog

Jan 8, 2018
Once a day in the hot shower I rinse it without any soap, but yeah very rarely outside of that. I do notice the area is generally just red (not flaky white bits), so maybe that's connected.

Do you just use water? Or a typical face washing lotion also?
The only thing I use on my face is beard oil and that's it, and that was only really for the health of my bears hair and the smoothness of it. Do you use shower gel or soap on your face when you shower? I used to do that (including when clean shaven) and personally I think it actually made things worse for my face.

Deleted member 29293

User requested account closure
Banned
Nov 1, 2017
Era, I need your help, KoreanEra if possible.

I just marinated some beef in Galbi sauce for tomorrow. The thing is, this was supermarket galbi sauce that had been open in the fridge for quite some time (a few month)? The best before date is 10/2020 so that's not an issue but since the product is in korean I have no idea what is even in it and whether something could have spoiled since it was open. Am I already dead?

MrMegaPhoenix

Oct 27, 2017
Thanks, I'll take a photo when I can and se if that helps.

The only thing I use on my face is beard oil and that's it, and that was only really for the health of my bears hair and the smoothness of it. Do you use shower gel or soap on your face when you shower? I used to do that (including when clean shaven) and personally I think it actually made things worse for my face.
I never use any soap, just shaving gel when I shave. I'll se if it helps, just since it's the only parts of my skin anywhere on my body that isn't growing back. Strange lol

Bentendo24

Feb 20, 2020
Please someone, pick a rug for this space:

ZhWQAcZ_d.jpg

If you don't know what would look good, does anyone know any online communities that help with home decor questions?

angelgrievous

Middle fingers up
Nov 8, 2017
Ohio
What does "low balling" mean and why is it so bad?

People selling stuff often say to not low ball and if you do you'll be ignored. Why?