• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

JigglesBunny

Prophet of Truth
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Chicago
If you want good Alien stories nowadays, you go for the comics. It's a shame that Isolation doesn't get a proper game sequel but this is better than nothing, personally. At least FOX scrapped Ridley's next Alien so there's less shit to suffer through as a franchise fan.

PanzerKraken

Nov 1, 2017
It's a tease for an upcoming comic that was already announced to feature Amanda Ripley. "The Alien Universe Expands" kinda also teases that.

Blackout is not a sequel to Isolation, and Isolation 2 was confirmed to not be in development by Eurogamer last year.

Theres been rumors of another Alien video game in the works though, and with the 40th anniversary coming up, perhaps this is gonna be a multi part announcement of new stuff coming next year.

Jobbs

Banned
Oct 25, 2017

IGN, gamespot, and polygon all gave it a 6/10. Makes me want to cry

Best fucking horror game ever made and one of the best games of the generation. Meanwhile each time Rockstar produces a new bowel movement they trip over themselves to give it a 10 and then months later write opinion pieces about the problems with the game. You know, the ones not mentioned in any reviews

Professional games journalists, guys!

Pitchfork

Oct 28, 2017
England
Edit - beaten by a nanosecond!

We've gotten an Amanda Ripley game and comics (which are great btw) so maybe this is the long rumoured tv show?

Strafer

The Flagpole is Wider
Oct 25, 2017
Sweden
I finished the game on Nightmare last night.

most intense playthrough yet holy fucking shit bros.

Agent 47

Banned
Jun 24, 2018
I thought it was revealed to be a book sequel to Isolation? Is this not just promo material for the release?

Mivey

Oct 25, 2017
IGN, gamespot, and polygon all gave it a 6/10. Makes me want to cry

Best fucking horror game ever made and one of the best games of the generation. Meanwhile each time Rockstar produces a new bowel movement they trip over themselves to give it a 10 and then months later write opinion pieces about the problems with the game. You know, the ones not mentioned in any reviews

Professional games journalists, guys!
Most people don't like uncompromising horror games. Which isn't surprising as they are actually .. you know scary.
As with Rockstar, it seems reviewers seem to buy the hype as well, and only sober up after months too. At least, that's the only way - short of good ol' corruption - I can explain these repeating pattern with games from certain "big" developers/publishers.

Tokyo_Funk

Banned
Dec 10, 2018
Hoping that Blackout is its own thing and Isolation 2 is its own thing. Isolation with multiplayer would ruin the "alone in space with an asshole alien" vibe.

Read, Play, Watch sounds like a comic, a game and a short video/series. Usual multi marketing thing.

Pitchfork

Oct 28, 2017
England
I thought it was revealed to be a book sequel to Isolation? Is this not just promo material for the release?
There is a novelisation of the Alien Isolation game about to be released plus Aliens resistance - a new comic arc following on from Isolation and the Defiance comic - These have already been announced though, and the #Watch hashtag would imply either a movie or tv show