• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Wheatly

Nov 18, 2017
South Korea, Vietnam, and other Asian couturiers hear the warning. The US knew about it for months and just didn't take it seriously.

Tis true - I dont see how any one can disagree with this part of the video, regardless of what you think about China

The video is spot on with the shit response of the US and some countries. The "world" received information from China at the same time and you can clearly see which countries took it seriously and which didn't.

Wheatly

Nov 18, 2017
Pretty much. They failed to warn the rest of the world, and their low infection/death numbers are very dubious. Not to mention having these dangerous wet markets to begin with.

This is misinformation

Its hard to know when the Chinese government actually identified this virus - but you make it sound like it is easy and quick to identify a novel virus. The fact is, although this virus is deadly, we have data that many people that carry this virus with only mild symptoms or are asymptomatic. Coupled with a long incubation time - no country would have contained this in time.

Also there is nothing wrong with "wet markets" - 99% of these are just like your typical farmers markets.

AstronaughtE

Nov 26, 2017
Huh ho lampooned! Skewered as though government were a Far Side comic. I can't wait to see what toys trump uses in response! Tonka no doubt, it looks enough like trump if you improve your vision with an eclipse enough.

ps3ud0

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Let pretend China was far more transparent and raised these issues earlier. Now ask yourself do you think the US would have done anything better?

I understand why you need to deflect but fuck me hold your governments accountable first. It's their duty to serve you...

ps3ud0 8)

Scuffed

Oct 28, 2017
There literally couldn't be a worse messenger for this. Anyway everyone knows Trump has done and continues to do a terrible job so this is really low hanging fruit. It's more just a taunt than clever satire.

Ocarina_117

Oct 26, 2017
God I hate the Chinese government. They're so detestable.

At no point should they ever be allowed to take a leadership role in global politics. At least with the US there is eventual hope that things will change. But China is stuck with their monsters.
US has a long history, and future, of monsters.

You, too, have a detestable history and present.

Rydeen

Oct 25, 2017
Seattle, WA.
Yeah the U.S. response was a disaster waiting to happen, but this is a lot of deflecting from China considering the virus started there in the first place and they attempted to silence the late Dr Li Wenliang from trying to do anything about it.

Echoing the sentiment of posters above: China should shut the fuck up.
"Those who live in glass houses should not throw stones" and all...

Xando

Oct 28, 2017
God I hate the Chinese government. They're so detestable.

At no point should they ever be allowed to take a leadership role in global politics. At least with the US there is eventual hope that things will change. But China is stuck with their monsters.
Lol i love how some of you americans eat your own propaganda

BADMAN

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Two is a little bit better than one wouldn't you say?

They've conditioned their own people to prefer the system they have. They've even got people reporting on a

It isn't my election.

And there is choice in China. Don't you ever think what China has is better.

We're currently choosing between a rapist who locked up immigrant children and a rapist who locked up immigrant children for president sooo.....

blaze

Oct 25, 2017
UK
The reaction from the rest of the world was terrible, there was enough time to better respond to the obvious problem China had but the response was so slow it allowed it to get to the point it's at now. The video itself is ridiculous though, China is entirely to blame for allowing the situation to happen in the first place, they silenced doctors warning of it and over time it's very reasonable to now question whether their numbers were being fudged to downplay the severity. China is just deflecting given when we finally come out of this situation there's going to be serious questions asked of them.

Oct 26, 2017
With our two party system? Eh, not really.
It's hilarious isn't it? Haha. Other countries are the same or worse. Nah. They're a communist dictatorship coupled with the worst aspects of human nature in the form of modern capitalism.

They openly mock other countries and care little for the values in the West that we (or rather some of us) hold sacrosanct. Already there are people responding to me like they're some kind of messed up propaganda agents.

I caught one of them out on twitter a few months ago. Two accounts were posting the same pro China messages and when i pointed it out he quite literally said to me "fuck your freedom".

We're currently choosing between a rapist who locked up immigrant children and a rapist who locked up immigrant children for president sooo.....
Gee. If only democracy exists in places other than the USA. I'm not from there. Don't keep on throwing out the choosing between two rapists line at me.

BADMAN

Banned
Oct 25, 2017

It's hilarious isn't it? Haha. Other countries are the same or worse. Nah. They're a communist dictatorship coupled with the worst aspects of human nature in the form of modern capitalism.

They openly mock other countries and care little for the values in the West that we (or rather some of us) hold sacrosanct. Already there are people responding to me like they're some kind of messed up propaganda agents.

I caught one of them out on twitter a few months ago. Two accounts were posting the same pro China messages and when i pointed it out he quite literally said to me "fuck your freedom".

Gee. If only democracy exists in places other than the USA. I'm not from there. Don't keep on throwing out the choosing between two rapists line at me.
I'm not gonna stand up for the Chinese government, but we aren't in a great position to challenge them on ethical behavior. Look at American foreign policy. Shit look at American domestic policy as it relates to minorities, poor people, and the homeless. Or look at the entirety of American history. China isn't attacking your values in this animation, they're attacking our shit government. Democracy as it is implemented is a fucking travesty in this country. Instead of getting mad at criticism, you should ask why that criticism is happening in the first place. Because I'm telling you that it's valid, regardless of the source.

Oct 26, 2017
I'm not gonna stand up for the Chinese government, but we aren't in a great position to challenge them on ethical behavior. Look at American foreign policy. Shit look at American domestic policy as it relates to minorities, poor people, and the homeless. Or look at the entirety of American history. China isn't attacking your values in this animation, they're attacking our shit government. Democracy as it is implemented is a fucking travesty in this country. Instead of getting mad at criticism, you should ask why that criticism is happening in the first place. Because I'm telling you that it's valid, regardless of the source.
I love this stuff... maybe you mean it, maybe it's a line. Regardless it's the same strategy. China acts like total shit and their approach is to point out how others act the same, or in similar ways.

What's the goal here? Pointing that out so nothing ever changes, no one is held accountable, and China can happily going on being the way they are?

It's a bizarre strategy from them. There's no manipulative attempt to win hearts and minds here. Just a process of telling you how shit and pathetic your country is.

At least Russia manipulates subtly. China just bludgeons in the laziest way.

Dazraell

The Fallen
Oct 28, 2017
Poland
What an idiotic response. Love you to tell me what viruses in the past have taken heed of borders...

ps3ud0 8)

I only said that trolling about other country reaction is insensitive if your country was a point of origin. I'm not pointing fingers here or anything, not blaming anyone at all, so I'm not sure why you're saying those stuff to me.

hEist

Oct 26, 2017
never suspected this kind of disinformation.
True that the west screwed up, but we all know the Chinese government isn't innocent.

Z-Beat

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
"Haha you're poorly handling the virus we failed to contain or warn anyone about!"

Frank

Oct 25, 2017
I'm not gonna stand up for the Chinese government, but we aren't in a great position to challenge them on ethical behavior.
American's don't run slave labour camps where they harvest the organs of the prisoners. Oh, and the whole killing 10000+ students asking for democracy back in 1989 was pretty unethical if you ask me.

Shadownet

Oct 29, 2017
C-658VsXoAo3ovC.jpg

Antiwhippy

Oct 25, 2017
American's don't run slave labour camps where they harvest the organs of the prisoners. Oh, and the whole killing 10000+ students asking for democracy back in 1989 was pretty unethical if you ask me.

Locally china are monsters, but there's no doubt the US caused way more damage globally.

The fact that George W Bush Jnr hasn't been tried as a war criminal shows how much the US can bully the world and get away with it.

Honestly the CIA might be one of the most monstrous organisations in history with an untold amounts of blood on their hands.

Last edited:

D.Dragoon

Mar 2, 2018
America has it's own slave labour camps, they are just called prison. America in its ever growing generosity exports democracy to places like the middle east through invasions and bombing brown people.

Timbuktu

Oct 25, 2017
never suspected this kind of disinformation.
True that the west screwed up, but we all know the Chinese government isn't innocent.

The finger pointing from both sides works more to deflect accountability to their own people than it is about the other side.

I remember a time at the beginning of February when the news came out that the whistleblower died, CCP was under pressure and people wonder if it might lead to some change. The west's mishandling after that and Trump's daily sound bites have given CCP an easy way out of that. Just point the finger at the US as Trump points his finger at China, stoke up nationalism and never accept responsibility.

RoyalJCC

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
User banned (permanent): dismissing concerns of human rights violations, prior severe ban for the same
This from the regime that keeps Muslims in concentration camps.
Hmmmm i know what you're talking but it's not muslims. Most muslims leave free and with no problem so I think this is an over exaggeration as always.

This mocking is kinda bad but the US really fucked up big time with this. China should restrain themselves from doing this though.

thediamondage

Oct 25, 2017
China is in an extremely precarious position - the population is entirely controlled by a booming economy, they NEED a gdp growth rate of 6%+ every year simply to absorb new workers entering the workforce, they need the rest of the world to trade with to support a growing middle class, they need industries running to support the growing real estate and stock markets their population leverages as accumulating wealth. Their authoritarian streak is tolerated by the citizens as long as the economy grows.

Covid19 has brought that to a crashing halt worldwide. Other countries will struggle and have recessions, but China entering a recession or depression is doubly dangerous for them since if you have a population already resentful of the social, political, religious, etc restrictions will economic stagnation be the straw that breaks the camels back? The primary trigger of the 1989 Tiananmen square protests was corruption, inflation, and a wealth gap between rural farmers (the government was giving them IOUs in lieu of real money for crops) and the elite.

China has over 800m workers in its labor force and over 10m new workers every year compete for jobs, the numbers are just staggering compared to most Western countries. Thats a lot of people who are going to get angry if they lose their house, can't support their family, and see their future crumble. Mix in the fact that men far outnumber women in China due to a number of factors (1 child policy, infanticide, etc) and you are building a recipe for a catastrophe.

This is a picture of an art university entrance exam from a single school in 2018, 7000 students competing for like 200 spots. I think the photo sums up the hypercompetitive world of the Chinese economy and how something like covid 19 is going to have long lasting, unknown effects

Test-admission-for-Academy-of-Arts-in-China.-2018.jpeg

grand

Oct 25, 2017
Imagine the chaos if US government answered back with an Pooh meme.
"How did WW3 start, daddy? Was it an assassination or did someone invade another country?"

"No sweetie, Trump posted a meme of he who should not be named"

"Huh?! You mean...."

"Yes... THE POOH BEAR"

Last edited:

shuno

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
User Banned (Permanent): Advocating genocide; prior severe bans for dismissing transphobia and inflammatory behavior
Can we just nuke US and China out of their fucking existence? Thanks.