• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

mutantmagnet

Oct 28, 2017
I haven't finished this yet but I have to post how much I'm loving this season.

They still know how to hook you in with each episode ending.

it's also funny that the show just went totally anime for ten minutes.

Palantiri

Oct 25, 2017
I am really happy that they jumped on with both feet this season. I enjoyed the first season well enough, but they really take it places in season 2.

Mejilan

Oct 27, 2017
That was a fantastic interview, but holy shit, don't even think of reading it unless you've completed finished both seasons.
Both the interviewers and Isaacs warn you off.

Tap In

Oct 28, 2017
Gilbert AZ
Thought it was great. S1 was captivating albeit a weird ending but s2 built on it. I love the direction it went and the depth of the mysticism, intrigue and mystery.

Storybook

Oct 27, 2017
Definitely higher production values in season 2. Kareem character is interesting. But overall good show nothing more nothing less.

Adree

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I came into it thinking season 1 was ridiculous trash that I ate up and finished season 2 needing desperately to see more of this mad woman's interdimensional love triangle.

DrWong

Oct 29, 2017
Another great Isaacs interview with big spoilers about season 2 ending so don't click if you're still watching.
https://www.indiewire.com/2019/03/the-oa-season-3-jason-isaacs-interview-spoilers-1202054701/amp/

Just one quote without spoilers:
It's all part of a puzzle Isaacs is confident will come together because of how Batmanglij and Marling operate: "There are some shows on the air, where they're implying there's a big puzzle or mythology, and they're gradually revealing it piece by piece. But those people inside the business know full well that the writers are just winging it. […] Whereas Zal and Brit, they've got the whole puzzle in their head. That's why things overlap from Season 1 to Season 3, and there are bits of Season 5 in Season 2."

Arkeband

Banned
Nov 8, 2017
Should I go back and rewatch S1? Because I'm only on episode 2 and feel like they're making such specific references that I'm missing something.

Homer's hand reaching up into the ceiling.

jefjay

Oct 25, 2017
I'm torn if I should watch OA season 2. The first season was entertaining. But I'm one of those who consider the ending the worst ending ever to a show. So I don't know what to make of spending time watching a second season.

Killthee

Oct 25, 2017
I'm torn if I should watch OA season 2. The first season was entertaining. But I'm one of those who consider the ending the worst ending ever to a show. So I don't know what to make of spending time watching a second season.
If you enjoyed the first season except for the ending, watch season 2. I don't wanna spoil anything but this season was much better overall.

Awesome Kev

Banned
Jan 10, 2018
Should I go back and rewatch S1? Because I'm only on episode 2 and feel like they're making such specific references that I'm missing something.

Homer's hand reaching up into the ceiling.
Absolutely. It made it waaaaay better for me. Part I was nearly two years ago and upon my rewatch of it I realized I'd forgotten nearly everything. Plus, just watching it a second time I was catching things I didn't before and overall it made me appreciate the first season way more. Worth the time.

Oct 25, 2017
Just finished Part 2. I love it. Some people will call that gimmicky, but to me that's what makes it so audacious. Absolutely loved it, beginning to end.

Bob White

Oct 27, 2017
Man... this shit was soooo good. I'm trying to put it in words right now but I'm just buzzing after finishing it. Bring on season 3!

DrEvil

Developer
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Canada
Just finished.

So that's two shows in the Netflix arsenal that's done... that.

Season 3 should definitely be interesting.
At least this seasons ending didnt infuriate me.

This is a way better Twin Peaks show than Twin Peaks ever was :D

Haha yeah it definitely does have a TP: return vibe for sure.

EternalDarko

Oct 26, 2017
I rewatched season 1 just before S2 came out, and literally just finished the last episode of S2. Wow, what a ride that was. I can't wait for more! I bloody hope it doesn't take another 2 years, but can certainly understand the amount of time and effort it takes to make something so spectacular.
That ending was immense.

Mejilan

Oct 27, 2017
S1 was decent with a bad ending. S2 starts off strong and never lets up.
Some folks may be disappointed by the occasional ep that stars BBA & co., but those eps serve two purposes.
One is to keep a foot in the "original" dimension, and the other becomes evident in the final episodes.

There's no moment in S1 that's better than the worst that S2 has to offer (which isn't much, IMO).
It's just that much of an improvement over the first.

I'm not sure how RT aggregates a TV show's seasons, but I think it's very telling that S1 has a 75% on RT, and S2 is blasting it out of the water with a 93%.
I hope audiences pick up on the upswing from S1 to S2, and the numbers justify letting Britt and Zal continue, hopefully through all 5 planned seasons.

sonnyboy

Oct 25, 2017
I enjoyed S1 but was put off by the ending. S2 more than made up for it, it was absolutely stellar.

Roy

Oct 27, 2017
2 episodes in and I might already be enjoying it more than season one ☝️

DrWong

Oct 29, 2017
What's the problem with season 1 ending guys? When people complain there's never a reason (5 movements is "it's ridiculous", ok) from what I've read? To me the ending is great and makes sense given what they try to convey in that season but maybe the fact that I didn't have to wait 3 years to get season 2 (I watched season 1 for the first time a few weeks ago) maybe helps. If it's related to not have a clear response about the truth of Prairie's story I can get the frustration, if it's for some other reason I'm curious to know.

Takuhi

Oct 27, 2017
Should I back in this show? I hated s1 ending

It kind of depends on why you hated the ending. They're still swinging for the fences with the twists in this season, but I think it's much more satisfying and since there's much more happening throughout the season, I don't think it will feel like it was all a waste if you don't end up liking the actual final ending.

CreepingFear

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I found season one finale scene to be one of the most ridiculous, yet funny scenes of all time. For those of you looking to watch season two, I don't think you'll be disappointed.

Tribal_Cult

Banned
Nov 1, 2017
How is this show supposed to live till season 5 with 3 people total watching. I love it but I'm pretty sure we won't get a third season given the amount of people talking about it.

FutureLarking

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
As someone who actually really liked the season 1 ending for what it was at the time - what do people who didn't like it think about it now after season 2 has put it into context? Surely it must be more palatable to them now?

nekomix

Oct 30, 2017
I personally liked Season 1 and the wacky ending. And that season 2 was a hell of a ride, I was in WTF mode during the first 4 episodes. But that ending was satisfying and I can't wait to see where they really want to go... And the story of the mysterious woman, give it !

DrWong

Oct 29, 2017
How is this show supposed to live till season 5 with 3 people total watching. I love it but I'm pretty sure we won't get a third season given the amount of people talking about it.
I don't know about the audience, and we don't know about S1 audience too but critically this season has better rating/reception overall. I think we'll get the S3, this is not a Sense8 budget situation.

PHOENIXZERO

Oct 29, 2017
They delivered again on making season finale where I busted out laughing near the end but in a much better way. Actually looking forward to where this rabbit hole of insanity goes.

DrWong

Oct 29, 2017
About the S1 ending: guys, do you really think the
"school shoot(ing)er"
is a randome event? I bet you it's not what we thought at first and that
someone was "helping" Praire to jump is my guess
, or something.

Incite

Oct 25, 2017
Really enjoyed season 1 but the way season 2 builds upon the first and contextualizes it while pushing forward was more than I expected. What a fun, interesting ride. The cinematography throughout both seasons has been great as well.

AlteredBeast

Don't Watch the Tape!
Oct 27, 2017
Finished season 2. Loved it :)

Ready for Season 3, let's not make it forever again, shall we?

VoxPop

Oct 30, 2017
I feel bad for people who saw the S1 ending out of context and will never watch this show. Missing out on an absolute gem.

I hate sci fi but I love anything that has to do with time traveling/alternate dimensions.

Nacho

Oct 25, 2017
NYC
Finished season 2 just now. Hot damn. Spent the first couple episodes lamenting that I kinda wish the show was more focused on the group left behind, and their faith in OA, but by the end I was completely on board. Totally hit all the right notes for me.

JonCha

Oct 29, 2017
UK
Yeah I finished season two this morning and I literally have no idea where they're gonna go.
That line from Isaacs that said 'I'm her husband' was a whaaaaaaaat moment. Assuming she wakes up of course (which she will).