• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

AlteredBeast

Don't Watch the Tape!
Oct 27, 2017
You know we still have pretty much no idea what's really going on. There's no reason to take The OA (the character) at face value beyond she got her sight back, and that the interpretative dance was just weird enough the shooter may have paused simply because he thought WTF. I don't think we even found out the shooter's identity.

That's the best part. The dancing was obviously a distraction for the shooter, which is why he paused, and the dancing didn't compel the actual hero to intervene. I don't think the shooter matters, to be honest.

I just want more of that sweet, sweet backstory. lol

DrEvil

Developer
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Canada
They were filming in San Francisco last March, so I imagine they've gotta be close to finished with that by now.

Deleted member 1445

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Oh my... good to have confirmation that it's all real then. I remember that it still wasn't clear by the end of the first season, even debunked actually, by the finale, or am I forgetting something?

Arkeband

Banned
Nov 8, 2017
Alternate dimension seems like she might be taking some cues from Another Earth's premise.

hydruxo

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
Huh, that actually looks pretty cool. Really well shot too. Might have to give it a shot.

Mona

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
the fucking hate the OA, but this trailer is pulling me in

d8krjib-cdd576d9-01d2-4e88-9a4c-387d8c12c8f6.png

SigEpTendo

Oct 27, 2017
The Shadows
I know most hated the conclusion to season 1, but my wife and I adored it. There was something pure there. I am a teacher, so it hit a little closer to home for us.

Still, she definitely could have made it all up! Who knows!

Studge

Oct 25, 2017
day 1, LOVED the first season.

I totally loved their meta-narrative thing they tried to pull in the first season, despite most peole hating it.
Same here. The finale was hated by many by I feel like it completely worked given the rules/abilities they had established in the world. It's a show unlike any I've ever seen and I'll gladly watch more.

gforguava

Oct 25, 2017
Watch her wake up in the hospital in 2018 in the last episode after having been in a coma.
I do find it interesting that the first thing she says(that isn't an answer to the questioning at hand) is "I did it... I jumped."

Throughout the first season she always likened what she was trying to accomplish as 'opening a door,' and then travelling through it. But here, with the particular usage of "jump" to describe her actions, we are drawn back to the opening of the show where she jumps off a bridge. In the first season we never got a clear understanding of that jump, one can assume she was just trying to 'travel' but the rest of the show is her trying to 'travel' via the Movements and her group, the idea of just killing herself to do it is never really dealt with.

We are already through the looking glass.

Atrophis

Oct 25, 2017
I thought the first season was pretty great. Marathoned it in a day.

Not gonna watch the trailer as Netflix always spoil too much in their trailers.

Plainswalker

Apr 14, 2018
Canada
No the new season. I've seen S1 and just wanted to know if there was anything people would consider a S2 spoiler in the new trailer. I should probably just not watch it and go in 100% blind.
Well yeah of course there are "spoilers". This isn't a trailer of people brooding and looking at the camera. The first few seconds of the trailer clearly establish the premise of the season.

Anyway, looks great, I am definitely back in for this.

EternalDarko

Oct 26, 2017
My wife and I loved season 1 and funnily enough, I was just browsing my list on Netflix and clicked on the show to realise it says its returning on the 22nd March. Absolutely can't wait!
I've been a big fan of Brit Marling's other work previously so this is right up my street.

Deleted member 4247

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I recently rewatched S1 in anticipation of this. I understand why this show was divisive, but I loved it, and I'm not even slightly spiritual.

OmniGamer

Oct 27, 2017
This show definitely exists in a weird space for me, but I liked season 1 enough to check this out (still haven't seen the season 2 trailer...may go in blind)

Einchy

Oct 25, 2017
Spoiler tags, bad. Replying to a two weeks old post, bad. Hold on I'm writing this down so that I can become a respectable Internet citizen.
If being respectable means getting mad at being spoiled over a two year old show when you willingly entered a thread about the second season, then I don't wanna be respectable.