• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Arthands

Banned
Oct 26, 2017

So Nvidia is going to start selling RTX 3060 in a couple hours from now. Who's going to try their luck?

10prophix-opener.jpg

fracas

Oct 27, 2017
The Nvidia GeForce RTX 3060 will be sold out starting today at 9AM PST

ftfy

:(

dgrdsv

Oct 25, 2017

JonnyDBrit

God and Anime
Oct 25, 2017
Eurogamer's write-up:
www.eurogamer.net

Nvidia GeForce RTX 3060 review: Ampere goes mainstream

Digital Foundry review the Nvidia GeForce RTX 3060, the first mainstream Ampere GPU. Game benchmarks, power efficiency …

On the VRAM front, it's basically a result of the structure of the memory bus, and other bottlenecks mean that sheer capacity isn't usually a factor in bringing it closer to the Ti's performance

Madjoki

Oct 25, 2017
Correction:

The Nvidia GeForce RTX 3060 will be out of stock starting today at 9AM PST

Tbm24

Oct 25, 2017
I'm interesting in this world where getting any other card currently will pretty much just be practically impossible.

Astandahl

Oct 28, 2017
Retail prices already all over the place in Italy going easily over 500 and 600 euro for some customs.

JonnyDBrit

God and Anime
Oct 25, 2017
Essentially, if you can straight upgrade from 1060 to 3060, or thereabouts, for the retail price, then it's a pretty nice upgrade

In other contexts, there's a bunch of asterisks to consider

Serious Sam

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Retail prices already all over the place in Italy going easily over 500 and 600 euro for some customs.
These prices are just riding on the back of other card prices. If 3060 is bad for mining and if Nvidia delivers on their promise of supply, then prices should quickly drop. I really hope no one who is gamer will pay these stupid prices and just wait a month or two. It's very likely you'll be able to get 3060 at MSRP at that time.

oneils

Oct 25, 2017
Ottawa Canada
HDMI 2.1
12gb vram
Outperforms rtx 2070 most of the time
Outperforms rtx 2070 super some of the time.
If you could get it at msrp, it seems like a decent deal to me?
I have a rig with a 1070 in it, and I'm tempted by this.

I feel weird updating that rig with a 3070 at 8gb vram.

Qudi

Jul 26, 2018
Its barely better than a 2060 super and at times worse than 5700xt. Thats rough.

JonnyDBrit

God and Anime
Oct 25, 2017
Worth an upgrade if I have an RTX 2060 KO ultra?

Becomes much more title and use case based if you're trying to bridge that gap. Like, if it's in a title where the 2060 series already outperform? Not especially. If it's the difference between hitting the 60 frames a second bar or not, there are some cases where you could maybe argue for it, but in some instances you will see little difference at all. You'd have to really check specific benchmarks

JahIthBer

Jan 27, 2018
Should be a $250 GPU with 8GB's of VRAM, it should also be called the RTX 3050 because the step down from the Ti is huge. Probably the most disappointing xx60 in a while.

Roytheone

Oct 25, 2017
The re sizable bar stuff in the digital foundry review is interesting. It seems like a decent performance boost!

GSG

Oct 25, 2017
Though the performance is disappointing, I might still jump on it if I get a chance because it'll still be a good upgrade from my R9 390, especially since I game on a 1080p monitor(or stream in 1080p to my TV).

Linus815

Oct 29, 2017
HDMI 2.1
12gb vram
Outperforms rtx 2070 most of the time
Outperforms rtx 2070 super some of the time.
If you could get it at msrp, it seems like a decent deal to me?
I have a rig with a 1070 in it, and I'm tempted by this.

I feel weird updating that rig with a 3070 at 8gb vram.

i have not found a single game yet in any review where it outperformed the 2070s

Duxxy3

Oct 27, 2017
USA
Seems like a good upgrade for 1060 owners. Definitely not worth more than its MSRP though.

oneils

Oct 25, 2017
Ottawa Canada
i have not found a single game yet in any review where it outperformed the 2070s

That's what the eurogamer review said. But when I went through the benchmarks the only time it beat 2070 super was for hitman 2 at 1080p by 2fps. So that was a stretch....they probably shouldn't say that then.

edit: my bad. I got cross eyed and mixed up 2070 with 2070s. So even that's wrong. I'll reread the article.

edit 2: here is the quote from the last page of the eurogamer review:

"Compared to last-gen models, the 3060 comfortably outperforms the RTX 2070 in almost every game and resolution we tested, occasionally eclipsing even the 2070 Super that debuted in mid-2019 for $500. It does particularly well in ray tracing titles, and there's often the option of DLSS to increase frame-rates even further."

As I continue through the review I'm guessing this may be in very narrow scenarios - maybe when using rtx and dlss.

edit 3: it has to be the Rebar stuff, but they do not have a comparison of performance of 3060 using ReBAR to 2070super. Will have to compare manually.

Last edited:

JonnyDBrit

God and Anime
Oct 25, 2017
Wait there is no FE card for this?

Nope, just the aftermarket variants, with apparently difficulties in supplying for some reviewers. So that $330 MSRP? (£300 UK)
Even harder to hit. I suspect something like the Palit models will be closest, on this side of the pond

OP
OP
Arthands

Arthands

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
www.nvidia.com

GeForce RTX 3060 Game Ready Driver Released

Also included: support for the Outriders demo, as well as support for NVIDIA DLSS in Nioh 2 - The Complete Edition and Mount & Blade II: Bannerlord, NVIDIA Reflex in Rainbow Six Siege Test Server, and 25 new GeForce Experience one-click Optimal Game Settings profiles for the latest games.

The driver is out. Some of the stuffs here

GeForce RTX 3060, the newest member of the GeForce RTX 30 Series family, is out now. Featuring 10x the ray tracing performance of the GeForce GTX 1060, and double the rasterized performance, the new GeForce RTX 3060 offers previous-gen gamers a massive upgrade that'll get them playing the latest and greatest games with fast frame rates, high fidelity graphics, and game-changing features like ray tracing, NVIDIA DLSS, NVIDIA Reflex, and Resizable BAR.

nvidia-geforce-rtx-3060-performance-chart.jpg

Game Ready For The Outriders Demo
Outriders, from Square Enix and People Can Fly, is a hotly tipped single-player and co-op sci-fi RPG shooter. Ahead of the game's official April 1st release, you can download and play a meaty demo that is available today from the official Outriders website.

To ensure you have the best possible experience in the high octane, hectic action shooter, download and install our newest Game Ready Driver.
Game Ready For NVIDIA DLSS In New Titles
Only GeForce RTX GPUs feature Tensor Cores, dedicated AI processors that power revolutionary technologies such as NVIDIA DLSS, which greatly accelerates frame rates. With faster performance you can enjoy smoother gameplay, or reinvest those frames in higher detail levels, higher rendering resolutions, and higher ray tracing settings, giving you the most immersive experience possible.
Each month new games add support for NVIDIA DLSS, and February is no different, with NVIDIA DLSS being introduced to Nioh 2 - The Complete Edition and Mount & Blade II: Bannerlord. With DLSS, instantly improve your experience by boosting frame rates by up to 58% with a single click:

Delusibeta

Prophet of Truth
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Yeah, this is a real disappointment. If anything, $330 is too much. Under normal circumstances, the 3060Ti would render it null and void. However, under current circumstances, I can see it being among the most common card to find at RRP on shop shelves this summer. Beggars can't be choosers, after all. Roll on the AMD Radeon 6700 launch, and hope that they can actually get stores to make listings this time, rather than the paper launch of the 6800 series.

Deleted member 11008

User requested account closure
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
I would like get a cheaper card for only 1080/720p gaming, but if I could get this a decent price I wouldn't mind get it. I really want a affordable GPU card at a decent price :(

Granadier

Nov 4, 2018
Pre-builts are already going up for sale.

es0NxQA.jpg

it's a joke these cards will never be available