• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

mogster7777

Oct 27, 2017
I played the arcade game (awesome soundtrack but not a great game). The SNES version is nothing like the arcade version and just shares similar gameplay apparently going from left to right but the mechanics are completely different. SNES version is probably better...the arcade version is just very shallow with no moveset other than attack, shuricken and jump and duck. It is also ridiculously hard. Almost impossible with no continues.

I really liked the Zuntata soundtrack to the arcade version though, with its "Daddy Mulk" track. I'm guessing the soundtrack will be the same as the SNES version which didnt have any of that?

Last edited:

rawhide

Oct 28, 2017
I really liked the Zuntata soundtrack to the arcade version though, with its "Daddy Mulk" track. I'm guessing the soundtrack will be the same as the SNES version which didnt have any of that?

More or less, but they also said you'll be able to unlock the original arcade tunes, but I can't remember if they're taken as-is or they've been arranges SNES-style.

Harpoon

Oct 27, 2017
Can we take a moment to appreciate how friggin' humongous Raiden is?

bOp1TBN.jpg

Slam Tilt

Jan 16, 2018
Can't say I'm impressed, but then I still believe the SNES soundtrack was epic, and arguably one of the best for the SNES.

SilentStorm

Apr 14, 2019
Exclusive to consoles heh?

That's what they said about Wild Guns Reloaded and it's now on my Steam Library, hopefully that will be the case again...please let that be the case again, the game looks great and as a PC gamer i wants it.

Chacranajxy

Oct 29, 2017
I love that this exists. Wild Guns Reloaded basically made the original obsolete for me... I'm guessing it'll be the same here.

OldBoyGamer

Dec 11, 2017
I wonder what the reasoning is behind updating the console game over releasing a port of the original coin op? Or even updating the coin op?

Although I don't think it needs updating tbh. The coin op was nigh on perfect. The graphics still hold up today on a 50" HD TV.

My only criticism of the coin op was the spinning jump could be a little cumbersome to pull off every time. But once you get used to it, you can pull if off most attempts.

Coin op was far, far better than the console games imo.

retroman

Oct 31, 2017
I wonder what the reasoning is behind updating the console game over releasing a port of the original coin op? Or even updating the coin op?

Although I don't think it needs updating tbh. The coin op was nigh on perfect. The graphics still hold up today on a 50" HD TV.

My only criticism of the coin op was the spinning jump could be a little cumbersome to pull off every time. But once you get used to it, you can pull if off most attempts.

Isn't there already an Arcade Archives port of the original coin-op version available on the PS4?

OP
OP

mao2

Oct 28, 2017

As retroman mentioned above, the arcade version is already on PS4, and it'll most likely appear on Switch too in the future.
http://www.hamster.co.jp/american_hamster/arcadearchives/ninjawarriors.htm

Graphically, I don't think it aged well even when compared to the SNES version. I mean, look at these screenshots...

ss_01.jpg

The Ninja Warriors (Arcade)

tp_Screen_SFC.png

The Ninja Warriors (SNES)

tp_Screen_OA.png

The Ninja Warriors: Once Again (PS4/NSW)

Last edited:

Hadok

Feb 14, 2018
Well,Ninja Warriors arcade and Ninja Warriors SNES are not the same game.The SNES version is totally different.

Deleted member 13155

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Owned the cart on SNES, it was complete in box and manual and got it for like a tenner on a flea market in early 2k's. Great game, looks and feels like a Neogeo game. I also put it on the Mini but I am up for this one.

OldBoyGamer

Dec 11, 2017
As retroman mentioned above, the arcade version is already on PS4, and it'll most likely appear on Switch too in the future.
http://www.hamster.co.jp/american_hamster/arcadearchives/ninjawarriors.htm

Graphically, I don't think it aged well even when compared to the SNES version. I mean, look at these screenshots...

ss_01.jpg

The Ninja Warriors (Arcade)

tp_Screen_SFC.png

The Ninja Warriors (SNES)

tp_Screen_OA.png

The Ninja Warriors: Once Again (PS4/NSW)
Obviously this is a matter of opinion but I much prefer the art style of the coin op over the SNES game. The SNES game characters look bloated and over cartoony to me. The coin op has more realistically proportioned figures and animation imo.

You're screenshot looks more pixelated than when I play it. Maybe I've become used to seeing it through at a higher resolution because honestly it looks pretty crisp on my 50" tv playing through my PC.

Kraid

Oct 25, 2017
Cuck Zone
I would love a cartridge of this to go with my copy of Wild Guns but holy fucking shit is that localized title bad. If it ever ends up physical in Japan I will get it I guess. Day one digital though. The SFC version of this is probably my favorite console belt scroller.

Also: Raiden is THICC

rawhide

Oct 28, 2017

Like people already said, the arcade version's available on PS4 if you want that experience again.

Ninja Warriors Again was made by a different studio, Natsume-Atari, and they're the ones remaking their own game with the go-ahead from Taito. This particular game remade one of their other 16-bit games a couple years ago and this one was next on the list. (I can't imagine they'll get the go-ahead for game #3 but if they do, you can look forward to a remake of Gundam Wing: Endless Duel.)

1upsuper

Jan 30, 2018
Can't say I'm impressed, but then I still believe the SNES soundtrack was epic, and arguably one of the best for the SNES.

Did you listen to the whole track? It goes hard halfway through. Like someone else said, Zuntata are legendary. Check out their work on the Darius series. Wild stuff.

Sagadego17

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Nice. Will have to keep an eye on it when pre-orders go up.

In North America and Europe, The Ninja Warriors: Once Again will be distributed both physically and digitally. In addition to a traditional retail version distributed by newly founded publishing label ININ, a limited physical edition marketed through Strictly Limited Games as limited editions will also be available.