• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Will anyone in the NFC East have a winning record at the end of the year?

• Yes

Votes: 78 24.2%
  • No

Votes: 244 75.8%

• Total voters

Martinski

Jan 15, 2019
Göteborg
Cowboys lost two close games against pretty great teams, if they didnt knee cap themselves with bone headed penalties, play calls etc It mightve been wins.

Falcons were Also a bone headed games with tons of turnovers. If they sort themselves out they might pull out a decent season and run.

psynergyadept

Oct 26, 2017
#tank4trevor

"Danny Dimes" is a bum and I want my money back!!!!

Cowboys should be 0-3 but the Falcons forgot how to fall on a fucking ball!!!

NFC LEAST black at or again...,

Hoa

Jun 6, 2018
zkp8ewsbu2941.png

Nick Foles over there in Chicago leading 4th quarter comebacks and we over here doing not a damn thing.

I'm not mad though, still giving them a pass until like 2022 for winning the chip in 18.

Oct 27, 2017
It's alright saying Dallas has a win and two losses to good teams, but that win was against a Falcons team that has made an art form out of throwing games away. And it was the most egregious moment of Fuckball for eons.

That team needs a W without a big fat asterisk next to it.

Martinski

Jan 15, 2019
Göteborg
Dallas should be 0-3.

Couldve been 3-0 Also.. they werent exactly blown out. Except for The falcons game, which were leading big Thanks to turnovers. other 2 games were both pretty close for The most part.

Rams game Shouldve gone to OT but instead they opted to try for TD in the last seconds of The game.

Hawks game were Also close to OT but mistake by Dak doing an errant throw on 3rd escaping a sack.

Oct 27, 2017
Nuke it and give the other NFC teams the playoff spot
That would make divisions irrelevant. If a 7-9 team gets in because they play in a crap division over a 10-6 decent team in another division that's just the way it is and should be.
Not like it's without precedent. The Seahawks got into the playoffs with a 7-9 record (and then beat New Orleans including with the Beast Quake).

SageShinigami

Oct 27, 2017
The Cowboys will have a winning record.

Browns - Win
Giants - Win
Cardinals - Win (toss-up, really)
Washington - Loss
Eagles - Win
Steelers - Loss
Vikings - Win
Washington - Win
Ravens - Loss
Bengals - Win
49ers - Loss
Eagles - Win
Giants - Win

10 - 6 record, booted from the first round of the playoffs.

They'll beat Washington, lose to the Cards. Still probably go 10-6, and maybe win the first round of the playoffs. This will cause them to pay Dak a dumb amount of money.

Squid Bunny

One Winged Slayer
Jun 11, 2018
Punting to tie against the BENGALS will forever be the stupidest thing I have ever seen in sports.

That said, nothing says "shit division" more than "one of these teams has a tie".

Version 3.0

Oct 27, 2017
I've been saying for years, divisions of only 4 teams is stupid. I root, every year, for a(nother) team with a losing record to make the playoffs to bring attention to the stupidity.

The football conferences are a useless leftover from the past. Merge the conferences. You get 8 teams per division. Just one game vs. each of your 7 division opponents per year, alternating home/away each year. Fill in the rest of the slate with another 8-team division, and the 1 leftover game with another same-ranked team (this is the same system they currently use).

Seed the playoffs by record, no stupid conferences, so any two teams could end up in the Super Bowl.

Paper Wario

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 27, 2017
The game against the Cardinals will likely be close but I expect the Cowboys to win at least 7 of their next 8 games before they face the Ravens. Mark my words, they will pummel the Steelers.

ZSaberLink

Oct 26, 2017
Dallas might make it because they have a decent new coach but it can go to hell quickly

Washington is in the same boat but Alex Smith is very... unpredictable

New York is New York

I wouldn't be shocked if Philly fires their OC and DC after the Niners game. At least they don't have to pay Wentz a bigger check than he's worth.
Alex Smith isn't playing at all though? Dwayne Haskins sucks, and maybe Smith comes back (although I think he'd be crazy to do so after that injury...)

Tttssd1972

May 24, 2019
I had Dallas winning it at 9-7 before the start of the season, and I haven't changed on that. They have a 5 game stretch coming up-

- CLE
- NYG
- ARI
- @ WFT
- @ PHI

If they can even go 3-2 in that stretch they will be looking fine in this shit hole division

Lionheart

Oct 26, 2017
Cowboys are 2 safeties and a solid Dlinemen from being dangerous. And a healthy Oline...

But seriously they have potential. Shoulda honestly beat the proverbial number 1 team in the nfl and "da Gawd Russ".

By the time they get those pieces though they will lose other pieces.

OP
OP
Squarehard

Squarehard

Oct 27, 2017
They're 0-2 right now, what are the chances the Eagles and Giants both go down as well? ;D

UberTag

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Kitchener, ON
I have the same reaction as that guy in the pic. I'm just as surprised as he is that the Eagles managed to actually get a win against the injury-ravaged 49ers.
It makes me feel all warm and fuzzy inside that my Bills have more wins than this entire division.

Lunchbox-

Nov 2, 2017
bEast Coast
the only relevant achievements in history of their teams are based on beating the Patriots occasionally. cause they know some 42 year old player is worth more than their franchises put together

says all that needs to be said about that dumpster fire division. If NFL had relegation and second tiers, all of the nfc Least would be down there

Dougieflesh

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Milky Way Ghetto
the only relevant achievements in history of their teams are based on beating the Patriots occasionally. cause they know some 42 year old player is worth more than their franchises put together

says all that needs to be said about that dumpster fire division. If NFL had relegation and second tiers, all of the nfc Least would be down there
Your quarterback is 1-3 against us in the Super Bowl 😂

Lunchbox-

Nov 2, 2017
bEast Coast
Your quarterback is 1-3 against us in the Super Bowl 😂
imagine labeling divisional rivals as "us" to come up with a bigger number and still coming up with 3 less wins than one of my former players and 5 less super bowl appearances... like i said, other teams hang super bowl banners, nfc east hangs "we managed to beat tom brady" banners

Feep

Lead Designer, Iridium Studios
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
imagine labeling divisional rivals as "us" to come up with a bigger number and still coming up with 3 less wins than one of my former players and 5 less super bowl appearances... like i said, other teams hang super bowl banners, nfc east hangs "we managed to beat tom brady" banners
I see he touched a nerve

On topic: hoping for a 6-9-1 Eagles division win

bastardly

Nov 8, 2017
actually they also hang super bowl banners, the pats just got in the way, and they didnt even have to cheat like a bunch of whiny trumpers

Tanerian

Feb 24, 2018
the only relevant achievements in history of their teams are based on beating the Patriots occasionally.

What?

Dallas has been to 8 Super Bowls, winning 5 of them.

They have 33 post season appearances, the most by any NFL team.

They still hold the record for most consecutive winning seasons @ 20.

Forkball

Oct 25, 2017
After five weeks, the Cowboys have taken a COMMANDING lead of the division with a 2-3 record. Also their quarterback is now out for the entire season.

NFC East RISES to 4-15-1, as the division as a whole now has the same amount of wins as the Browns.

OP
OP
Squarehard

Squarehard

Oct 27, 2017
They now have a total of 5 wins, and 1 tie.

It's turning out to be a nail biter of who will win this consolation division.

OP
OP
Squarehard

Squarehard

Oct 27, 2017
I dont think the 2014 NFC South was this bad...

The Panthers won the division on a 7-8-1 record.
The only reason this division will get some wins will be because they have to play each other, and somebody has to win. And even if they tie, two of them still add up to a win. XD

This is just a dumpster fire this season...