• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Goodlifr

Nov 6, 2017
Remember, when it comes to Brexit this is all pointless.
The numbers in the house don't change

Yossarian

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
It's like waiting to find out whether your nuts are going to get stamped on by spiky golf-shoes or a sharp stiletto heel, except more pointless.

Yossarian

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Look, Yoss, we don't kink shame in Era.

paul-newman-gif2.gif

Rosur

Oct 28, 2017
Expecting Boris to win this and would rather him than Hunt (considering he would definitely sell the NHS off).

I'm not sure who it should be but I'd think Labour might do better if they sidelined Corbyn. He's got too much baggage and people don't trust him. One side of my family always vote Labour (working class Northerners) and they don't like him and are considering voting Lib Dem which is unheard of for them.

Reckon they would as Corbyn's been useless on Brexit (for either side and playing the middle seems to be the worst thing). I feel Lib Dems have a better chance to win next general election than Labour if Corbyn still is the leader.

Tregard

Oct 27, 2017
It's appalling how, after the years of blatant manoeuvres to become PM in the middle of this shit-show, Johnson is about to get his way. Every pundit, every commentator, saw the nonsense he was trying to pull, and it's worked.

Psychotext

Oct 30, 2017
Reckon they would as Corbyn's been useless on Brexit (for either side and playing the middle seems to be the worst thing). I feel Lib Dems have a better chance to win next general election than Labour if Corbyn still is the leader.
What reality are you living in? Don't mistake recent polling (especially in relation to European Elections) to what would happen in first past the post voting for the GE.

The Lib Dems would be lucky to get 50 seats. They aren't coming within a country mile of winning anything.

Zellia

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
UK
I suppose the best hope is that Johnson wins, doesn't stand up to scrutiny, doesn't have the numbers to do anything with Brexit and so a GE happens. Not sure even that will fix anything though. We're kinda fucked.

PJV3

Oct 25, 2017
London
What reality are you living in? Don't mistake recent polling (especially in relation to European Elections) to what would happen in first past the post voting for the GE.

The Lib Dems would be lucky to get 50 seats. They aren't coming within a country mile of winning anything.

Yeah, stuff is up in the air due to the crazy polling but the system is really tough to break in reality, i just hope if Boris manages to pull the brexit vote back together, the rest of the electorate does what is needed to prevent the tories getting a "crushing mandate" and a huge majority to change the country in very bad ways.

16bits

Apr 26, 2019
You mean the completely made up baseless lies that will 100% be applied to any successor?

Made up and baseless?

You do realise than many labour mps have resigned over this, dont you? Directly quoting "Labour had become institutionally anti-Semitic".

It's one thing not liking Conservative MPs, but ignoring the faults of Corbyn (and there are many) and dismissing reports as baseless is dangerous and ridiculous.

Dirtyshubb

Oct 25, 2017
UK
Made up and baseless?

You do realise than many labour mps have resigned over this, dont you? Directly quoting "Labour had become institutionally anti-Semitic".

It's one thing not liking Conservative MPs, but ignoring the faults of Corbyn (and there are many) and dismissing reports as baseless is dangerous and ridiculous.
I don't have all the details but from what I have read, a lot of the AS issues are historic and were actually dragged out by the more centre side of the party and not corbyn. There was a leak recently that showed this IIRC.

Corbyn has also introduced a lot of measure to help with these issues but of course they don't get coverage.

I mean I'm not saying there isn't an AS issue in the party, but the scale of it and blame at corbyns feet seems to have been grossly exaggerated, especially in comparison the all the parties issues (mainly tories and anti Muslim bigotry).

With regards to your point about MPs leaving the party because of AS, while true that doesn't show the whole picture.

One left due to racism and instantly referred to Bame people as having a funny tinge.

Another compared her ordeal with being like a Jewish person in the run up to ww2 and having a suitcase packed and ready to go on the run from the SS. She then came out with 'explosive' evidence of how racist corbyn was by *checks notes* secretly recording him admitting the party has a history of AS and that he wants to tackle it.

Pata Hikari

Banned
Jan 15, 2018
User Banned (1 Week): Dismissing concerns surrounding antisemitism.
Made up and baseless?

Yes it's made up and baseless and those resigning politicians are right wingers mad that they're not dragging the party to the right and resigning with the lie to further smear Corybn.

It's entirely based off him criticizing Israel.

Noodle

Banned
Aug 22, 2018
Yes it's made up and baseless and those resigning politicians are right wingers mad that they're not dragging the party to the right and resigning with the lie to further smear Corybn.

It's entirely based off him criticizing Israel.

From an internal review carried out by those Corbyn-hating right-wingers in the............. Labour NEC?

LBC has had this leaked document reviewed by Mak Chishty, who was in charge of dealing with hate crime for the Metropolitan police until last year.

He has reviewed all 45 anti-Semitism cases within this dossier and found 17 should have been reported to the police as a race-hate incident for investigation.

Which led to....

Police arrest three in Labour antisemitism case

Or there was this case regarding *checks notes* holocaust denial.

The head of the Labour Party's disputes panel has quit after it emerged she opposed the suspension of a council candidate accused of Holocaust denial.

Cover-pic-alan-bull-e1521647622303-640x400.jpg

And of course, there was the claim that anti-Semitism in Labour was a "real problem" by the ultra-neoliberalist..... Jeremy Corbyn.

You are truly disgusting to try and deny the existence of these hate-crimes. What kind of lowlife ends up with such a warped view of the world they're willing to handwave holocaust denial to excuse their political party of choice?

Pata Hikari

Banned
Jan 15, 2018
You literally posted a link about Jeremy Corbyn promising to fight against anti-semitism in response to me saying Jeremy Corbyn is falsely smeared about being an anti-semite. (By people who want the Holocaust back)

Deleted member 14649

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
From an internal review carried out by those Corbyn-hating right-wingers in the............. Labour NEC?

Which led to....

Or there was this case regarding *checks notes* holocaust denial.

Cover-pic-alan-bull-e1521647622303-640x400.jpg

And of course, there was the claim that anti-Semitism in Labour was a "real problem" by the ultra-neoliberalist..... Jeremy Corbyn.

You are truly disgusting to try and deny the existence of these hate-crimes. What kind of lowlife ends up with such a warped view of the world they're willing to handwave holocaust denial to excuse their political party of choice?

At this point, it would be fair to point out the corresponding anti-muslim agenda of the Conservative party, which extends to actual policy as well as posts on Twitter.

Noodle

Banned
Aug 22, 2018
At this point, it would be fair to point out the corresponding anti-muslim agenda of the Conservative party, which extends to actual policy as well as posts on Twitter.

That would be whataboutism. No one here denies the Tories are islamophobic. And it has absolutely zero bearing on what Labour has done or not done.

Siggy-P

Avenger
Mar 18, 2018

Ideally we should have the integrity to say there shouldn't be antisemitism rather than excusing it because the other side does something bad as well.