• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

thecowboypoet

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Mildly interested because Beasties were the Transformers I grew up with. But if it takes place in 1994 it's probably not going to be what I would want out of a Beasties film.

Wrexis

Nov 4, 2017
Wait, it's starring Optimus Prime?

Are they going to retcon it by saying Prime went beast mode and spent 10 years in a jungle on earth or something?

EDIT: *reads Twitter*

Wait this movie sounds wild.

Set in New York, with beasts? And no-one noticed this shit between 1994 and 20xx?

EDIT2: Wait, what?

Hieronymus Bosch

Alt Account
Banned
Jun 10, 2021
I'm well aware but me not wanting a dude like Bay to continue being involved with a beloved IP of mine like Transformers has little to nothing to do with other directors being shitty people.

So this is specific to Transformers? Gotcha.

Bumblebee was probably the best thing to happen to this franchise after the other 4 (or 5?) Honestly can't remember now.

Sibersk Esto

Changed the hierarchy of thread titles
Oct 25, 2017
Find it weird how they continue to dance around the Bayverse in regards to these movies. The Last Knight should've already been an indicator that this interpretation of the Transformers series had worn out its welcome. If the movie's good, much like Bumblebee, I'll be there for it, but there's no point in keeping yourself chained down to what once was.

The Bayverse was extremely lucrative, and the people in charge kept coming back to Bay even when he wanted out.

viskod

Nov 9, 2017
Optimus in Transformers Prime is stoic.

Optimus in the Bay movies is just horribly written.

SageShinigami

Oct 27, 2017
Robots turning into vehicles are much cooler than robots turning into animals, so I'm out on this one. Guess I'll just enjoy the Bumblebee one.

Wrexis

Nov 4, 2017
Optimus Prime's going to be like "GIVE ME YOUR FACE" and Optimus Primal will be like "WHAT'S WRONG WITH YOU".

jdmc13

Mar 14, 2019
Wait, it's starring Optimus Prime?

Are they going to retcon it by saying Prime went beast mode and spent 10 years in a jungle on earth or something?

EDIT: *reads Twitter*

Wait this movie sounds wild.

Set in New York, with beasts? And no-one noticed this shit between 1994 and 20xx?

EDIT2: Wait, what?

So, Peter Cullen as Prime sounds like a cameo or supporting character to Primal? I'm actually okay with this.

Also, they better do right by my boy dinobot.

Starphanluke

â–˛ Legend â–˛
Nov 15, 2017
This is following Bumblebee. They have confirmed many times that this is a new timeline and the Bay films are over.

HammerOfThor

Oct 26, 2017
My response reading "Rise of the Beast"
giphy.gif

Me, reading the rest:

ron-swanson-says-dont-even-care-700x.gif

Starphanluke

â–˛ Legend â–˛
Nov 15, 2017
So, Peter Cullen as Prime sounds like a cameo or supporting character to Primal? I'm actually okay with this.

Also, they better do right by my boy dinobot.

They literally said in this event that Optimus Prime (the "G1" persion) is the main character of the movie. So not a cameo.

Oct 25, 2017
Beast Wars stuff in a new Bayformers?

This could be very good or very, very, VERY bad.

Sincerely, a big Beast Wars fan!

Dali

Oct 27, 2017
It's amazing to think something as simple as car robots still hasn't been done right. Bumblebee was okay but that scene at the beginning was so hype it kind of took the wind out of the rest of the movie, all the live action movies that came before, and this.

Make a proper G1 design based transformers movie before moving on to other stuff!

Lost Lemurian

Nov 30, 2019
Man, why couldn't they just do the Beast Wars story? Set the movie in Earth's prehistoric past, no human characters. Everyone went nuts for Bumblebee's opening scene of just Transformers fighting on Cybertron, the whole internet said, "Yes, that's what we want, do that!", but it looks like we'll get yet another movie with a million human characters that nobody likes or cares about.

And, man, when I read the thread title, I was all ready to post the Megatron "Yes" compilation. Oh, well, I'm doing it anyway.

Starphanluke

â–˛ Legend â–˛
Nov 15, 2017
TFW2005 confirms in their summary of the event that it was outwardly confirmed in the beginning that this movie and Bumblebee are a reboot and no longer in the Bay timeline.

news.tfw2005.com

Transformers: Rise Of The Beasts Officially Announced

Today, TFW2005 got invited to a special announcement event by Paramount Pictures. During the event, we were briefed on... Transformers: Rise of the Beasts The 7th live-action movie by Hasbro, eOne, and Paramount Pictures. Release date : June 24 - 2022 The events of the movie will take place in...

crienne

Oct 25, 2017
I legit don't think we're getting a better Transformers movie than Bumblebee. Which was really fucking good IMO.

Nateo

Oct 27, 2017
Gary fuckin Chalk better be voicing Primal. And if Megatron(Beast) is in David Kaye better be onboard.

Nateo

Oct 27, 2017
Also TFW2005 has said its officially confirmed that this is a new universe Bayformers is gone! This is Bumblebee 2

Dali

Oct 27, 2017
TFW2005 confirms in their summary of the event that it was outwardly confirmed in the beginning that this movie and Bumblebee are a reboot and no longer in the Bay timeline.

news.tfw2005.com

Transformers: Rise Of The Beasts Officially Announced

Today, TFW2005 got invited to a special announcement event by Paramount Pictures. During the event, we were briefed on... Transformers: Rise of the Beasts The 7th live-action movie by Hasbro, eOne, and Paramount Pictures. Release date : June 24 - 2022 The events of the movie will take place in...
Why use the Bay bumblebee design and tell the story of him losing his voice if they wanted it to be separate from bayformers.

CrocodileGrin

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Beast Wars was the only thing Transformers that ever hooked me. It was such a great series. I'm all for whatever they are planning.

Nateo

Oct 27, 2017
Why use the Bay bumblebee design and tell the story of him losing his voice if they wanted it to be separate from bayformers.
Because that has now extended beyond Bay media. Bumblebee has no voice or starts with no voice in all recent Transformers media(Besides WFC)

Starphanluke

â–˛ Legend â–˛
Nov 15, 2017

Because those are just key Bumblebee character traits in most Transformers media nowadays, not just the Bay films.

He's also not really his Bay design. Check out the end of the Bumblebee movie (once he scans the Camaro) to get a sense of how he'll look in this.

Mr. Poolman

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
So, I take this is a sequel to Bumblebee?

(also, Bumblebee is the only good live action TF movie)