• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

BGBW

Oct 25, 2017
No way, they gotta go meme

Mio Honda....
ARMPxvB.png

Last edited:

Deleted member 43657

User requested account closure
Banned
May 19, 2018
I'm excited for pretty much any character tomorrow. There's so many amazing out-of-this-world characters already that anything else is a cherry on top.

That said, I really don't want to see Geno (I do NOT understand the whole Geno thing), Minecraft Steve, and especially Crash Bandicoot.

Fawz

Oct 28, 2017
Montreal
Eugh I really hope it's not an Overwatch character, least of all Tracer. Hopefully just baseless rumour as always

There's still a couple of standout requested characters like Geno from Mario RPG, Isaac from Golden Sun, Lloyd from Tales of Symphonia, Dixie Kong and all sorts of other characters that would be exciting to see. I'm expecting a Pokemon addition personally.

More than anything I hope we finally get our first Heavy DLC character, they're so much fun to play and there could stand to be more of them

Virtua Sanus

Nov 24, 2017
I trust Sakurai and his team to make fun characters no matter what. The only choices I would be really disappointed over would be another Pokemon or something Mario related that is not Paper Mario. I would also prefer no more guests from companies that have so many already, so no more from SEGA, Capcom or Konami... Even if I think Bomberman was hella robbed.

I'd lose my mind over Adol from Ys, Master Chief or something like Scorpion/Sub-Zero from Mortal Kombat (in that case just because of how shocking of a crossover it would be).

HylianSeven

Shin Megami TC - Community Resetter
Oct 25, 2017
So, last minute, what's one character they could show that would absolutely make you lose your shit (in a good way)?

Doesn't matter who the hell they are, how likely they are, or if they're even in the game. I just want to know what characters would make people absolutely lose it.

I'm gonna throw down three: Ryu Hayabusa (possible), the Knight from Hollow Knight (unlikely), and the Black Knight from Fire Emblem (no chance).
Demi-Fiend and Neku from The World Ends With You

The former is a realistic possibility and is my prediction for tomorrow. The latter is extremely unlikely, but a Mii Costume is very possible.

Oct 27, 2017
It's so sad Namco-Bandai stopped utilizing Go Shiina, he composed some of my favorite Idolmaster songs. But I guess he got to score Demon Slayer which is huge... so upgrade for him?

He's still around though! Did Code Vein, God Eater 3, and is still doing songs for the Tales of the Rays mobage as recent as lost month.

Definitely feel like he's going to be a composer people will want for their projects in the future though.

NHarmonic.

▲ Legend ▲
The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
I'd lose my shit for Kumatora, Isaac, Geno or Sora.

But it's gonna be fucking cinderace, i swear.

Birdie

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
It's gonna be Melmetal.

It represents Pokemon Go, Let's Go, and Generation 8 simultaneously...also it's Gigantamax form is coming soon to the games and was mentioned in the Pokemon Direct the other day.

Plus he is a member of the Alolan Champion squad. Get fucked Greninja, you choker.

RLCC14

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
I hope its rex with pyra/mythra just so people get pissed off at another anime swordfighter AND waifu pandering

tim1138

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
So, last minute, what's one character they could show that would absolutely make you lose your shit (in a good way)?

Doesn't matter who the hell they are, how likely they are, or if they're even in the game. I just want to know what characters would make people absolutely lose it.

I'm gonna throw down three: Ryu Hayabusa (possible), the Knight from Hollow Knight (unlikely), and the Black Knight from Fire Emblem (no chance).

Travis Touchdown

Wil Grieve

Oct 25, 2017
The only characters that will make me lose my shit and jump out of bed screaming are Geno or someone from Skies of Arcadia.

Everyone else is just gonna be "oh, cool," or "Another fucking Fire Emblem character"

Kindekuma

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Isn't tomorrow the 20th anniversary of the Xeno series? Then maybe we can expect Rex or Elma. I really want more XC series characters in Smash

FSLink

Oct 25, 2017
That said, I really don't want to see Geno (I do NOT understand the whole Geno thing)
A character with a good potential moveset from a beloved well-sold Mario RPG, that hasn't been in anything outside of a very minor Mario and Luigi cameo due to being 3rd party.

It's really not that difficult to understand.

Tochtli79

Jun 27, 2019
Mexico City
I would love Golden Sun but it makes no sense to announce someone from that series when there's no new game announced.

I still think a Xenoblade character or Impa are the most likely first parties. If it's a third party I could see it being Travis Touchdown, Master Chief, a Resident Evil character, or a Square Enix rep.

Twister

Feb 11, 2019
All I want is Crash. I dealt with Terry and MinMin, please Sakurai let me have my dreams come true

Dnomla

Oct 27, 2017
United States
You're accusing me of a lot here.

I didn't say XC2 was garbage, and I didn't use "big boobs" as a negative descriptor for women. Like I said in a different post, I don't really care if they're the best written characters in all of fiction. I would really rather Smash include more women that are not typical overly sexualized anime characters (that often times have unrealistically huge boobs).

Well, I don't know what conclusion you want me to draw when "weird big boob anime garbage" and "demeaning big boob anime garbage" are the two descriptions you used to talk about the game. It's just a bit of an annoyance. XC2 is more campy and silly than anything demeaning. I just don't think you have to word it that rudely. Like "I would like to see a variety of body types represented" sounds better, and something I would agree with. But you know what else? There aren't any other female characters in Smash that have boobs close to the size of hers, so I'm not sure what the issue with her inclusion would be.

Isn't tomorrow the 20th anniversary of the Xeno series? Then maybe we can expect Rex or Elma. I really want more XC series characters in Smash
It would be nice, but it's probably just a a coincidence.

Status
Not open for further replies.