• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Tabaxi

Nov 18, 2018
There's only one valid Xenoblade 2 protagonist rep and it's Lora with Jin/Haze

teamlora-png.166948

Torna was leaps and bounds better than the base game and it deserves the rep.

Ruisu

Banned
Aug 1, 2019
Brasil
I tried FGO as I tried other F2P games as Fire Emblem Heroes, but I think I have a personal problem with mobile games in general - I get fed up after few days at most. So the "unfortunately" was more related to my tastes, since I always connect "Fate" to the original visual novel (and the animation of its routes) instead of FGO.
Ah I totally get it, if the gameplay is not your thing then it's not your thing. I had my reservations at first when it released the NA server, and the game really felt like a cheap cash in at first, but in terms of story and quality of life it got so much better. But at the end, the base gameplay still is more or less the same.

El Pescado

Oct 26, 2017
What if it's Travis Touchdown and the No More Heroes Switch version is shadowdropped after the reveal?

mockingbird

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
The background graphic has to have some sort of hint right? What game uses that sort of dithering in its art style?

Dolce

Oct 25, 2017
It's criminal how people dismiss Xenoblade Chronicles 2 without taking Torna - The Golden Country into consideration.

It's the best first-party Nintendo DLC to date, nothing else compares.

Yeah there's not really anything that compares. It helps that they had a good plan and foresight, knowing that they wouldn't be able to tell the story properly in the base game.

Paper Wario

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 27, 2017
I have not been keeping up at all with the rumors but it seems like whenever there are no concrete leaks on who the DLC character will be, it ends up being 1st Party

xyla

Oct 27, 2017
Germany
Predictions...hopes...dreams....
Capture.png

Just to approach this from the other side - what is the absolute most lackluster reveal that could happen?
Another Mario that would not be Paper Mario? Hyrule Warrior Link?

I have not been keeping up at all with the rumors but it seems like whenever there are no concrete leaks on who the DLC character will be, it ends up being 1st Party

It's certainly not gonna be a MS character with how the year is going regarding leaks for them.

Red Fire

Oct 26, 2017
I don't know why so many people dunk on pokemon but usually pokemon are the funnest to play. I'd love another pokemon. Generally I'd prefer more 1st party characters.

Okabe

Is Sometimes A Good Bean
Aug 24, 2018
It's 2020 so anything can happen

Which means tomorrow is Dante Day.

Dolce

Oct 25, 2017
I don't know why so many people dunk on pokemon but usually pokemon are the funnest to play. I'd love another pokemon. Generally I'd prefer more 1st party characters.

Yeah, I basically ONLY want first party stuff and I'm hoping this pack is mostly that. I can see the frustration with Pokemon though as we're basically guaranteed one new Pokemon in the base game, which we got with Incineroar. Since we already got them, I think it would be good for another franchise that missed out to get their slot.

ze_

Oct 28, 2017
I've decided that I'm holding onto the nonsense theory that Ace Attorney wasn't at TGS because they're waiting for Sakurai to reveal Phoenix for Smash

I don't really want a new Pokémon, but at least, in contrast to that other series, Pokémon designs vary wildly from one another and usually necessitate all new playstyles. Even Cinderace, should it be added, would need to be based around juggling the ball.

Red Fire

Oct 26, 2017
Yeah, I basically ONLY want first party stuff and I'm hoping this pack is mostly that. I can see the frustration with Pokemon though as we're basically guaranteed one new Pokemon in the base game, which we got with Incineroar. Since we already got them, I think it would be good for another franchise that missed out to get their slot.
Yeah but unlike franchises like fire emblem for example, where it's always 'fighter with weapon (mostly sword)', pokemon are so different and unique that their playstyles differ greatly

I don't really want a new Pokémon, but at least, in contrast to that other series, Pokémon designs vary wildly from one another and usually necessitate all new playstyles. Even Cinderace, should it be added, would need to be based around juggling the ball.
Yeah that's what i mean

HustleBun

Nov 12, 2017
Just to approach this from the other side - what is the absolute most lackluster reveal that could happen?
For me, a Xenoblade character. I just don't care.

Ringfit and Pokemon would be boring as announcements but could end up being a fun character to play as.

So yeah. Hoping none of those.

xyla

Oct 27, 2017
Germany
For me, a Xenoblade character. I just don't care.

Ringfit and Pokemon would be boring as announcements but could end up being a fun character to play as.

So yeah. Hoping none of those.

Agreed - I wouldn't mind another Pokemon, I even expect one to drop one of these announcements, but Ringfit and Xenoblade are not exciting for me in Smash.

Starphanluke

▲ Legend ▲
Nov 15, 2017
I'd like to stay with the first-party Nintendo representation TBH.

Not going to happen, but I'd love a new Zelda character. Either Urbosa or Skull Kid (Impa would also be fun).

Glio

Oct 27, 2017
Spain
I have the feeling that it's going to be a Sword/Shield Pokemon. Maybe Toxtricity and has a moveset around adding debuffs (paralysis or poison).

Dolce

Oct 25, 2017
We've had two first party reps in a row. And the last third party character, Terry, was announced over a year ago.

I play Smash Bros mostly for first party stuff and the first pack was 3 or 4 out of 5 third party. I'd be alright with like maybe 1 third party rep per pass. I'm already not exactly thrilled with Castlevania and Mega Man monopolizing the new arrangements in the base game.

KtotheRoc

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
I play Smash Bros mostly for first party stuff and the first pack was 3 or 4 out of 5 third party. I'd be alright with like maybe 1 third party rep per pass. I'm already not exactly thrilled with Castlevania and Mega Man monopolizing the new arrangements in the base game.

Third parties are a part of Nintendo history and they expand the scope of the crossover. I want to see new franchises represented in Smash. And there aren't a lot of major first party franchises left that aren't represented.

TimeFire

Avenger
Nov 26, 2017
Brazil
I'm honestly fine if we never get first parties again. Third party stuff is what really brings the hype for me and it usually introduces me to new IPs. I became a massive DQ fan because of Smash

Actually, scratch that, I'd be into first party pics if they were massive deep cuts but this isn't happening, they need to sell this stuff, so third party it is!

Dolce

Oct 25, 2017
Third parties are a part of Nintendo history and they expand the scope of the crossover. I want to see new franchises represented in Smash. And there aren't a lot of major first party franchises left that aren't represented.

There are lots of stuff they could expand upon, I don't want only the most popular things to be represented. I don't want an expanded scope, either, I want an exploration of Nintendo history. Whether it's stuff like ROB, or even Ness. In 2020, there are big questions whether we would even get characters like that. Let alone people like Captain Falcon.

Though honestly you're probably going to get what you want. Smash Bros has moved on and it's about what sells now and appeals to whatever wide groups.

Gold Arsene

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I'd much rather get more first party characters at this point.

The only third parties I'm interested in seeing are Crash and Travis, but even then I'd prefer we get some more first party characters.

Status
Not open for further replies.